Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op Day 5....so Far So Good :)

I was sleeved on Wednesday, October the 24th. My Surgery was at 8am (7:50am ). It went pretty well. No complications per my Dr and Husband. I woke up in recovery with the urge to urinate constantly, but other than that, no real problems. I had the NG tube, and the JP drain. Ironically, that didnt give me too much problem. I had Ice chips only that day, but i was so groggy, and sleepy from the anesthesia, and dilaudid, that I was VERY comfortable.

As far as the sleeve.... well at first it felt a little weird for fluids to go down after the NG tube was removed. No real pain... but I could feel fluids move around the part where the esophagus meets the stomach. I woke up only once feeling like I had to vomit, but didnt... strange... Since Ive been home, every day is getting better. At first I only tolerated a few spoonfuls of Soup at a time. Now Im able to eat a laddle-ful at one time.. (very slowly). I started full liquids yesterday, and I had some low-fat cream of broccolli(sp) soup.... It was HEAVEN!! The discomfort going down is less, and less. Im being careful with activities, and trying not to go overboard, because Im such a busy person... Its very strange not to do ANYTHING!! lol But, Ive walked the dog (5lb), and even been to Wal-mart with my husband. (all very slowly) Ive lost 10lbs since surgery...Im very excited about that!! just wanted to share with everyone whats going on with me. I hope all my 10/24's are doing well.....

Sounds like you are doing great! I was sleeved on 10/22 and still only allowed Liquid Protein and broth.. Each day gets better though ... I am looking forward to being allowed soft foods like scrambled eggs...

I was sleeved on Friday 10/26 and currently on the clear liquid diet but enjoying my broth, crystal light, and Isopure plus the most. Congratulations to you both! Keep up the good work and keep sharing!

I had it on 10/23 and have had a rough go of it. Seems my stomach didn't like being messed with. I had to stay in hospital for four days and am slowly improving. Some cramping but am told that is because I was drinking too fast and too much at once. Hope this bad feeling isn't permanent. Too sick to enjoy the weight loss yet....hope for a better week!

wow thanks so much for posting and giving insight on your journey! it sounds exciting. i am getting sleeved in 7 days i still cant beleive it..... congratulations to you!!!!!!

wow thanks so much for posting and giving insight on your journey! it sounds exciting. i am getting sleeved in 7 days i still cant beleive it..... congratulations to you!!!!!!

Seven days has passed. How did it go?

Wow....so how did it go...???

Wednesday will be my 4 weeks and so far I've lost 22 lbs...everyday is a learning experience. I'm learning what the new "full" is. (its not the same feeling). I would like to start getting some walking in soon...