Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i only smoked for about 4 years...but I chain smoked really bad. I have been nicotine free for I would guess around 2 years (not really sure. will explain later)...It was not WLS that motivated me to do this...I quit for my personal religious beliefs and I will fervently say that my faith helped me kick it for good. But probably the biggest thing that worked for me was that I stopped counting how many days I had gone without smoking...to me it just felt like I was reminding myself that I was choosing to deprive my body of something it craved. Instead of counting the days, months, and so on I just simply said,"from this point on, this is no longer part of my life"...does that make any sense at all? It totally does in my head, but i have tried to explain it before and some have not really grasped what I was getting at. Best of luck to you! You will feel so much better once you drop that habit! Not only are you no longer filling your body with those toxins, but you will be healthier! Smoking cigs decreases your immune system! I hope it works out for you, and don't hesitate to look my way for encouragement!!!

I just quit cold turkey and it has been a week for me. Just one day when I ran out of cigarettes I decided I didn't want to screw with it anymore. I quit before twice and picked it back up for varying reasons. This time I hope it's for good but I live with 2 smokers so it is going to be tough.

Congratulations to everyone on quitting!! I have a new found respect for smokers that quit. It is a hard challenge but I feel it is one of the better goals that I have ever achieved. Not fully out of the woods yet but I never quit cold turkey before and stuck with it. I always cheated the next day...

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I quit smoking 2 years ago. I used Chantrix. It was amazing how it took away the physical need to smoke but you still had to deal with the emotional side of it. Don't get me wrong, I THINK about smoking every day, especially when I get stressed. But the urge is only fleeting now.

I think that's how it will be for me and getting the sleeve. It will help take away the physical need to eat so much but I will still have to deal with the emotional side of it and will have to work on that for the rest of my life. Unlike when you quit smoking, you cannot quit eating. I hope the urges will be just as fleeting :)

I didn't have any adverse affects from Chantrix. My dreams were much more vivid, but not scarey. I could have taken The pills for months but found I didn't need them Physically after 15 days.

I smoked 1 - 2 packs a day for over 30 years when I finally quit. Good luck!!

I quit smoking after 25+ years :mellow: I quit on Oct. 8th cold turkey. On day 10 i had a fight with the hubby and smoked a menthol :wacko: (hate menthol) after that i stayed smoke free till a couple nights ago and had another menthol and i felt so sick i almost vomited so i will not be smoking again lol. I do have an e-cig with 0 mg of nicotine. I don't use it often but it helps when i get the cravings real bad.

Good luck to you! Stay strong!

The big piece of quitting is the behavior modification. In other words, breaking the habits associated with smoking ( like while driving, at bars, after a meal, etc). Its hard but not impossible. You can do it! Plus, it's good practice for the behavior changes that go along with the surgery. :-)

Good luck to you!

Just an update... I quit smoking on October 28th cold turkey and still going strong. I haven't even taking a puff of a cigarette. Now after fighting my insurance company since December I finally get to be sleeved on February 11th!!!!