Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October 11Th Sleevers? How Are You Doing?

I was sleeved on the 11th - pureed stage through Wednesday. I am so sick of it. I am also getting really tired of the Protein shakes - 1 in the morning, 1 at night. I have tried had farina, one egg with a bit of mayo, ricotta with mozzarella and herbs blended.

I constantly feel on the verge of nauseous. Not really nauseous but just funny. In the morning I wake up and I don't feel like having anything but I have my shake. I am still trying to figure out what hungry feels like. I haven't "cheated" on anything and I am only mildly tempted by other foods but I just want to eat normal again. Sigh!

I am also tired but not necessarily sleepy tired just worn out. I have been walking around my block every day (won't be able to do that for a few days with Hurricane Sandy here). I am not 100 percent sure I am getting in all my Protein, I am getting close but maybe missing the mark a bit.

Good luck to all of my 11 sleever friends!

I had surgery on the 10th. I lost 22lbs the first nine days and have not lost a pound since. Oh well this to shall pass. I have been on pureed foods since last Wednesday and it is so much better than shakes. Me remembering to eat every couple of hours is the hardest because I don't feel hungary. I have started back walking everyday and feel much better. I feel like I have more energy. Good luck to you all!

I'm so glad I have my mommy here! She's like, didn't you change from liquid to full liquids on a Tuesday? You should be starting phase 3 puree 2 weeks later, also on Tuesday! I love you, ma! Right, I can move to puree tomorrow, not Thursday! It's a hurricane miracle (I live 1/2 mile from Great South Bay on long Island, NY. (1/2 way between NY city and the Montauk lighthouse)! We may need to evacuate, my sister is supposed to but won't, so my niece and her 3 little ones are with me!)

Holly5.3 I too live on Long Island in Suffolk county, who was your surgeon? When were you sleeved? I had mine on 10/10 with Dr Ahmad. I am on stage 2, but now my body is done with dairy every time I have yogurt or a Protein shake it doesn't agree with my insides. I am really hoping to move to the next stage!

Holly5.3 I too live on Long Island in Suffolk county' date=' who was your surgeon? When were you sleeved? I had mine on 10/10 with Dr Ahmad. I am on stage 2, but now my body is done with dairy every time I have yogurt or a Protein shake it doesn't agree with my insides. I am really hoping to move to the next stage![/quote']

Hi there! I've been trying to text you but storm wrecked havoc on Internet connection. Power on late yesterday afternoon (God bless Ben Franklyn!!) Anyway, I too had Dr Ahmad (love him!) on 10/11! You were probably leaving Mather as I was brought up from recovery about 4:00 pm! I started puree yesterday, I was just dying for an egg! We had no power and no eggs! Me and my husband went out at 5:45 am looking for a deli to get me eggs! No luck near home everything was black! He called a deli 2 towns over that his crew stops in every morning and the owner said, if you can get here, I'll give you eggs from the back! He went out again to get the eggs (my hero!), then he hooked up a Coleman stove and made me my poached egg with a little cheese! Heaven! Today, Pasta or oatmeal-so exciting!!  How are you doing on purreed and how's your weight loss doing? I'm hoping to lose another 2.5 pounds this week to bring my total since DOS 20 lbs. I've lost a total if exactly 40 since nut. appt. on 8/15/12. I'm thrilled. Message me if you want to converse further, I would love it!have a terrific day!

I was sleeved on Oct. 11 th. I lost 12 lbs the first 10 days and have been stalled ever since! Very frustrated! Isn't it to soon for such a stall? I'm not getting quite the Protein or liquids I should but I'm doing my best and I'm walking and back to work already so I'm never just sitting around. I'm moving all day.

I stalled after day 4 !! till today (day 13 post op)

Don't weight yourself everyday and pick monthly weight loss goals..

was wondering is it okay to start trying purreed food 13 days post op ?

I stalled after day 4 !! till today (day 13 post op)

Don't weight yourself everyday and pick monthly weight loss goals..

was wondering is it okay to start trying purreed food 13 days post op ?

I wouldn't until your nut/dr. instructs you to. Puree stage didn't start for me until day 19 post-op, yesterday and it was harder than I thought. A poached egg with a sprinkle of cheese was like an entire diner breakfast! (love that!) but I tried to eat a slice of roast beef about the size of a dime-chew, chew, chew. Delicious, but I got scared so stopped (pureed meat is gross, thought I could chew long enough to get it to that consistency-afraid I wasn't chewing well enough before swallowing!) Second try, some Peanut Butter. Again, it felt wierd in tummy, away with te OB! Third try...ricotta cheese with black pepper - 2 tsps. and I was stuffed. So much for my first pureed dinner! A tiny bite of roast beef, about 2 tsps. Peanut Butter and ricotta cheese! Don't be in a rush to get here, it's still not easy (like anything worth having is?)! Good luck!

Had my sleeve done on Oct.24! Having leg pains to the touch but I know it will get better soon, Vitamins are horrible can't get past the taste it's been seven complete days post OP.....How is everyone else?

im stalling this week too! tomorrow makes 3 weeks for me :(

Ladies, the best advice anyone gave me and I can give you is don't do the daily weigh-in! It will just kills your spirits. You will all lose, give it time! I was doing the same and everyday I was upset and started feeling down. I am glad I am no longer torturing myself this way and when I do get on the scale, I have lost 3 pounds maybe 2 or 1 but it's a loss and I feel it in the way my clothes fit. I tried on a pair of jeans today (size 16) that prior to surgery I was not able to pull up past my thighs and guess what? it fit! I was so excited and that felt way better than whatever the scale would have said this day. I encourage you to be positive and walk, walk, walk! It will pay off, my lovely ladies! God bless you all!

I am 24 days post op and still having trouble eating. I just had one boiled egg and I'm so full! Now Protein Drinks upset my stomach. Having trouble with Protein and liquids. Other than that I feel fine, back to normal. How long will it be until I can eat somsthing and it not be a chore? One good thing is that it doesn't bother me when people around me eat. I don't even crave.

I am 24 days post op and still having trouble eating. I just had one boiled egg and I'm so full! Now Protein drinks upset my stomach. Having trouble with Protein and liquids. Other than that I feel fine, back to normal. How long will it be until I can eat somsthing and it not be a chore? One good thing is that it doesn't bother me when people around me eat. I don't even crave.

I am 25 days out and haven't been able to drink Protein shakes for about a week and I am only getting about 15-20 grams of protein from food. I have been drinking Isopure (40 grams of protein) over the day to get in my protein.