Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vsg And Pregnancy-Losing Weight After Baby

Hello ladies!! I had my baby May 16, 2013!!! I've been consumed since she's been here!! Thank GOD we are finally sleeping through the nights now. She'll be 3 months tomorrow! I gained 12lbs during my pregnancy and I am breast feeding. I dropped 25lbs after having her. I didn't get an appetite until the last 3 months of pregnancy and it disappeared after having her. I was toooooo sleepy to eat. I'm 15 months post op and down 110lbs. It seems to be tapering off now, but I love this size!!! I went from 22/24 to 10/12 now. Baby and I are healthy!!

This was 2 weeks post partum

This is her a week ago

Me about a month ago

Best wishes ladies and congrats!!!

Sent from my iPad using VST

post-19418-13813668907274_thumb.jpg

post-19418-1381366890802_thumb.jpg

post-19418-13813668908793_thumb.jpg

Hello ladies!! I had my baby May 16, 2013!!! I've been consumed since she's been here!! Thank GOD we are finally sleeping through the nights now. She'll be 3 months tomorrow! I gained 12lbs during my pregnancy and I am breast feeding. I dropped 25lbs after having her. I didn't get an appetite until the last 3 months of pregnancy and it disappeared after having her. I was toooooo sleepy to eat. I'm 15 months post op and down 110lbs. It seems to be tapering off now, but I love this size!!! I went from 22/24 to 10/12 now. Baby and I are healthy!!

post-19418-13813668907274_thumb.jpg

This was 2 weeks post partum

post-19418-1381366890802_thumb.jpg

This is her a week ago

post-19418-13813668908793_thumb.jpg

Me about a month ago

Best wishes ladies and congrats!!!

Congrats! You look wonderful and your daughter is adorable. Mine will be 5 months in a week and yes, life is SO much better now that she sleeps "through the night" (though I still dream feed her at 10:30-11:00 pm and usually she wakes me around 5 am for a short feeding or her pacifier) but I'm amazed at how quickly it passes, too. It feels like I just had her a few weeks ago!

~Cheri

Thanks Clk!!! The time is really flying! I do the dream feed too and she goes right back to sleep. Question for you ~ how are you able to fit exercise in your routine now that baby is here??? I work full time and when I get home, we have dinner, play time and bed routine begins!!! Thanks in advance for sharing!!

I don't, honestly. I'm a SAHM to three - so my days are on my feet most of the day and running errands. I don't fit structured exercise on a regular basis. When I do work out it's after my husband is home and the kids are in bed, so it's not my favorite thing to do!

~Cheri

Congrats to our new moms!

I will say that while those hormones are still flooding your body (and especially if you're breastfeeding) that desire to eat' date=' eat, eat doesn't fade immediately post op. At least it didn't for me! It was like a never-ending period - I wanted to snack and eat and graze all day long.

I have said it elsewhere: the absolute most challenging thing I have encountered since surgery was the shift from maintenance to pregnancy and back into loss after she was born. UGH! Mentally, it's a major PITA to adjust and stop basically, doing what you want without consequence!

I still have 7-8 pounds to go, and it's slow going. There are many things affecting us that will slow the loss: lack of sleep, hormone fluctuation, breastfeeding - and even just waiting for your sleeve to stop being relaxed from the pregnancy.

But within a few weeks I was back to feeling a lot of restriction. The way to get started is the same way you started before: dense Protein first. Snack on things like hard boiled eggs, Jerky, small, controlled portions of cheese or yogurt. Protein, protein, protein. And I added in a shake again and consume one daily. It helps.

Hang in there!

~Cheri[/quote']

Love this advice! I'm not due till December but this is great advice and I intend on taking it once my daughter is born. Thank you!

So I weigh 190 :)40 pound loss in less than three weeks...that Water weight!! So I have 30 to go. I figure if I lose it at the same rate after surgery. 4 pounds per month for six to 7 months. We shall see.

Congrats to all you new moms! I'm not pregnant, but wanting to be after I reach goal weight, but I'm only 9 weeks out from surgery now. I just wanted to let those of you who are worried about fitting in exercise with your new babies know that there are some great options out there. There are two workouts specifically geared to you bringing your children with you, and you get a great workout! They are called Stroller Strides and Body Back and you can probably find them in your area- just google it! There is also a workout for you moms to be called fit4baby. Check it out! When the weather is good, you work out outdoors and in shelter when it's not. A lot of members of these classes turn into a extended family and really support each other!

Hello!!! Well, baby boy is doing well...we are still not sleeping thru the night but I know that it is a work in progress. I could not do a weeks worth of liquids like I had originally planned. So I am going back to tons of Protein protein and pushing the liquids. I have about 35 more to lose and then I will be back to my 133 lbs. I know that with working out and the support from here and other places that we will do this. I hope that we can all check in and support each other yet once again!!!

How did you so with the glucose testing? We're you able to drink all the liquid?

How did you so with the glucose testing? We're you able to drink all the liquid?

The issue wasn't drinking the liquid - it was keeping it down without dumping syndrome! I had to do it, though - I developed gestational diabetes with my twin pregnancy and they were concerned I'd have it again. The first time I did the whole small bottle and immediately threw up and had erm...intestinal distress. I felt miserable for the entire day and the next one, too! The repeat test they had me do a small measured cup of the glucola - I sipped it (and they gave me an extra 10 minutes to get it all in and that helped) and then they had me lie down for the duration of the test. I dozed off and on. It still wasn't fun but I didn't get sick the second time.

And all my numbers came back better than average, so no diabetes, either!

~Cheri

I couldn't keep it down and it all and out within two minutes so they ordered me to test 4 times a day. I started this morning and so far my levels are normal. I've never had any issues with diabetes or any other problems not even when I weighed almost 400 lbs and I think I know my body well and I feel amazing :)

I was just 14 months postoperative when I found put I was pregnant. I only gainned a little during pregnancy but what I didn't do was get back into the rules and stick to them. I am struggling now trying to remember what I should do.. So that I can get back to losing some more. Do yourself a favor.... Go back to sleeve eating and the rules. Having a new baby is hard and tiring.. But don't back slide

Still at 190...hoping this is a stall...feel like I don't eat anything...

I'm 18 months post up and I just have birth 2.5 months ago. I'm breastfeeding as well and I feel like all the rules are gone too. It's so crazy cuz right after surgery I never felt hungry but now breastfeeding makes me famished. I feel like I'm eating more than when I was pregnant! I gained 25 lbs while pregnant and I've only lost 3. I think it's cuz I'm eating so much.

Still at 190...hoping this is a stall...feel like I don't eat anything...

Maybe you're not eating enough! If you're not tracking, resume tracking and see where you're at. You might be eating too little, or consuming more than you realize. In any case, it's HARD to lose weight post baby. Stress, lack of sleep, lack of a regular schedule...I did great shedding the bulk of the weight but those last pesky pounds have been a nightmare. And starting a new birth control regimen did not help! I insta-gained five pounds as soon as I started it!

I'm 18 months post up and I just have birth 2.5 months ago. I'm breastfeeding as well and I feel like all the rules are gone too. It's so crazy cuz right after surgery I never felt hungry but now breastfeeding makes me famished. I feel like I'm eating more than when I was pregnant! I gained 25 lbs while pregnant and I've only lost 3. I think it's cuz I'm eating so much.

I think there are two schools of women here. Some lose pounds like crazy due to breastfeeding burning an extra 500 calories a day. And some of us just have a relaxed stomach and a ton of hormones floating around that make us feel like we're starving! I didn't feel a real, definite return of restriction until I had completely weaned and the hormones cleared out.

The restriction really is still there, I promise. Just track what you eat. And remember that breastfeeding really only means you get one extra calcium/protein rich snack a day - another 200 calories or so! Eat a good balance of foods and try to eat dense Proteins first and see if that helps. I know it's hard. Hormones make me feel like peeling paint off the walls and I can eat, eat, eat if I allow myself to do so. It doesn't matter if I know darn well I'm not really hungry. I feel like I'm starving and that sends me right back to the kitchen.

Good luck, ladies! I'm enjoying my almost six month old and it's frustrating at times to feel so tired and also to not fit in my clothes exactly the way I'd like. But I wouldn't trade this little beastie for anything in the world, and if fighting a handful of pounds is the price I have to pay it's worth it!

~Cheri