Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vsg And Pregnancy-Losing Weight After Baby

I'm so thankful you had routine care that caught this immediately. Positive thoughts and prayers for you. I had preterm labor with my twins but after the steroid shots and with the extra monitoring I was able to carry full term' date=' and never did dilate any more until delivery. Here's hoping you have the same positive outcome.

Take it easy, lady! Rest whenever you can, though I'm sure your doc already told you that. :)

~Cheri[/quote']

Thank you! It is very comforting to hear similar stories! Bed rest is the order ~ I am going to do my part to keep her in there as long as possible! Your prayers are appreciated! :0)

Almost 5 months post partum

Many gals on here are hopeful that breast feeding will help get the weight off. My personal experience... And this could be more due to my boobs being deformed and incapable of making enough milk... But bf made me more hungry and my ppd from not making enough milk along with my metabolism slowing down from no longer working at my active job... It was a horrible combination for me. I gained 60 of the 100 I lost by the time she was 5 months.

I have NOT been sleeved so I am not speaking from this spectrum. I am lurking here cuz I'm contemplating having a baby before surgery or waiting till after goal weight post surgery. I'm having a really hard time deciding now after reading these posts.

I was leaning toward surgery first but I'd hate to go through weight gain again and what I've read so far has me a lil worried... You gals are doing amazing though! Not sure I would though... Ack!

NaomiesMommy

HEY!

You have not posted in awhile!!!! I am 8 months pregnant now. Up about 44 pounds!!!! Looking forward to losing....OR JUST WORKING OUT! I have never wanted to work out so bad! Now that I am a big tubby chubby summer pregnant girl all I want to do is bike and go to the parks and do summer activities skinny!!! This would have been my first skinny winny summer...but I am a big girl again :) LOL! You gained 65 and i could easily get there in two months. So please check in with us! I am actually ok with getting down to 170 again if I can't lose it all.

I'm 9 months. 37 weeks dilated 1 cm and up 44 lbs....hoping to god I lose the weight. I'm hoping I go into labor anyday!!!!

Good luck ladies! A word of advice since I was just there myself: take it easy on the scale postpartum, and remember that it takes time.

Postpartum was far more challenging for me than I had anticipated. I'm not sure why but I know that the big thing I tried to focus on was getting the weight off. My daughter is three months now and I'm finally back to my pre-pregnancy weight and would like to shed just a few more pounds to be well into my maintenance window again.

Breastfeeding did help me shed weight immediately but this is different for every woman. My friend keeps an extra 20 pounds of padding while breastfeeding that doesn't go away until she weans. I ended up with back to back to back mastitis this time, though, and by the third round of antibiotics (fourth if you count the first set they gave me in my IV!) she wasn't tolerating the taste of my milk and my supply had dropped so much that I gave up. However, within just a few weeks of delivery I was back in my pre-pregnancy pants (the more roomy ones I saved for TOM) so it's definitely possible to shed the weight without too much trouble.

Good luck to both of you, and I can't wait to see updates once your babies arrive!

~Cheri

Thirty two pounds from the day I got pregnant; three pounds while on hormone injections for the weeks leading up to our embryo transfer.

~Cheri

Well I am 9 months and up 58 pounds...I gained 17 this month alone...I know a ton is Water weight! My ankles ARE HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My legs are HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am ready to start losing again. Come on baby!

Well I am 9 months and up 58 pounds...I gained 17 this month alone...I know a ton is Water weight! My ankles ARE HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My legs are HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am ready to start losing again. Come on baby!

Oh no! I hope no worries about pre-eclampsia - wishing you a healthy (and quick!) delivery.

I know you're stressing about the weight but it's within that "normal" window of women who have babies. I'm sure that the bulk of it will fall off quickly and you'll fiddle with those last ten to fifteen pounds like the rest of us. :) That's meant to be reassuring, by the way. It falls off more slowly the less you have to lose. I suggest you join us on the vets board once you deliver if you find yourself having a rough time transitioning from maintenance to loss again. I won't lie - I had a helluva time with that this go! But once you remember the basics it's just a matter of plugging away and you can do it. I'm doing it!

Good luck, any day now we'll see an update from you (with pics, right?!) about your healthy baby!

~Cheri

I just had my baby boy and I have about 40 lbs to shed. I am stressing out because I feel as though my hunger is back to what it was before and I can't find the energy or determination that I had before to lose this weight. I am going to try to do a week of liquids starting tomorrow but I know that with out proper exercise and I won't get that till I go back to work on 8/19. What have you done to get back in the right mind set to focus back on your weight loss? I know that the sleeve is permanent but I feel as though my sleeve has stretched out...I need to focus and focus hard.....

Kgremmy....how you doing ??? Breast feeding I heard makes you ravenous!!!! I could deliver any day now and I am up 60!!! Are you breast feeding? I do feel that I will lose some but not all...I can't wait to pop her out so I can focus on losing...give youse self some weeks to just heal.

Updates??? I just had my LO five days ago :) gained 70 pounds!!!! Already lost 25 :) lol!!!

Congrats to our new moms!

I will say that while those hormones are still flooding your body (and especially if you're breastfeeding) that desire to eat, eat, eat doesn't fade immediately post op. At least it didn't for me! It was like a never-ending period - I wanted to snack and eat and graze all day long.

I have said it elsewhere: the absolute most challenging thing I have encountered since surgery was the shift from maintenance to pregnancy and back into loss after she was born. UGH! Mentally, it's a major PITA to adjust and stop basically, doing what you want without consequence!

I still have 7-8 pounds to go, and it's slow going. There are many things affecting us that will slow the loss: lack of sleep, hormone fluctuation, breastfeeding - and even just waiting for your sleeve to stop being relaxed from the pregnancy.

But within a few weeks I was back to feeling a lot of restriction. The way to get started is the same way you started before: dense Protein first. Snack on things like hard boiled eggs, Jerky, small, controlled portions of cheese or yogurt. Protein, protein, protein. And I added in a shake again and consume one daily. It helps.

Hang in there!

~Cheri