Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vsg And Pregnancy-Losing Weight After Baby

Hello!! I am currently 15 weeks pregnant and have gained like 8 lbs so far. I feel as though I weight my pre-sleeve weight (was 225 lbs) and I am only 153.8 as of this morning. I too am also worried that I will not get back to my size 4's and that I will not get to my goal weight (I still has about 10 lbs to go before I got pregnant). I know that my sleeve is permanent but I still worry that after I have the baby that I will not be able to do it again. I guess that I will have to get back to the basics and try to follow the rules as much as possible and try to incorporiate the rules while pregnant. I know that I certanly can eat a whole lot more but again, I again I am hoping that after the baby that things will go back to normal again. Good luck to all of you.

Disappointed my patient advocate told me that sleeve patients have babies with low birth weight...and i am still wanting another baby....have you all heard that

No...I have not...my gastric doctor won't even see me until after the baby is born and my ob did not say anything about about it either.

Low birth weight? With the way I am eating...I seriously doubt that the baby could have a low birth weight, but I also got pregnant 1.5 years after having the surgery. 12 weeks today!

I'm 5 months as of yesterday and my pregnancy is moving along fine. Her weight is on track, still no complications or sickness. I actually wouldn't think I was pregnant if she didn't move!! She's becoming more active day by day!

I'm 5 months as of yesterday and my pregnancy is moving along fine. Her weight is on track' date=' still no complications or sickness. I actually wouldn't think I was pregnant if she didn't move!! She's becoming more active day by day![/quote']

That is good to know I call my patient advocate they had me really concerned like I said I'm only 30 years old and I would like to have another baby...

It is through the true results Center so I'm wondering if they're really pushing the band because that's what they specialize in, all my current research points to the sleeve think the best procedure for me but I am concerned with wanting to get pregnant again and gaining weight back

That is good to know I call my patient advocate they had me really concerned like I said I'm only 30 years old and I would like to have another baby...

It is through the true results Center so I'm wondering if they're really pushing the band because that's what they specialize in' date=' all my current research points to the sleeve think the best procedure for me but I am concerned with wanting to get pregnant again and gaining weight back[/quote']

I'm 35!! I have had problems gaining weight since conceiving however. I fluctuate between 185-191, depending on how much I eat. I'm not alarmed as long as the baby is fine. I just figured i would gain the weight when it's time. I'm not too afraid of gaining too much weight that I can't get off. My "plan" is to breast feed and I really hope it works out in my favor. I also plan on returning to bootcamp classes, step aerobics to assist in weight loss. The stomach didn't change ~ I can eat a little more but I'm more mindful now ~ I just eat until I'm content.

I'm 35!! I have had problems gaining weight since conceiving however. I fluctuate between 185-191' date=' depending on how much I eat. I'm not alarmed as long as the baby is fine. I just figured i would gain the weight when it's time. I'm not too afraid of gaining too much weight that I can't get off. My "plan" is to breast feed and I really hope it works out in my favor. I also plan on returning to bootcamp classes, step aerobics to assist in weight loss. The stomach didn't change ~ I can eat a little more but I'm more mindful now ~ I just eat until I'm content.[/quote']

What was your pre sleeve weight ....and pre pregnancy weight

I can answer that..

I was 291, lost 130 pounds in 1.5 years, got to about 161...Stayed there for 3 months, got pregnant and now I am 170. All the scales are different, but I am gaining more than they say you should in the first trimester. Most of it was, I believe was me trying to avoid being sick, I am not sick anymore and eating normally. Still more than before, I am not pigging out.

The band sucks...go with the sleeve

What was your pre sleeve weight ....and pre pregnancy weight

My HW was 283

When I found out I was pregnant (October) I was 193

Currently I fluctuate between 185 - 191 since the pregnancy.

Update: 2/1/13

Went in for a routine US check up today and tech found that my cervix was dilating. The membrane around my baby was "funneling" which could lead to labor. I am not in pain, hadn't felt any pain, the baby's heart rate is fine and she's still active. I DO NOT think that this is a result of me having the VSG ~ just always had female issues and the fact that my cervix was already thin may attribute to this. I will be in here until Sunday and will be placed on bed rest until l deliver. I am currently 23 weeks and 2 days and PRAY she stays put at least until 37/38 weeks. I believe I am In great hands to care for me but as a precaution I have been given steroids to help her lungs develop in the event she decides to come early. I had no idea, was feeling great. Thankful I had an appointment and they were able to react quickly. Will update soon.

Update: 2/1/13

Thankful I had an appointment and they were able to react quickly. Will update soon.

I'm so thankful you had routine care that caught this immediately. Positive thoughts and prayers for you. I had preterm labor with my twins but after the steroid shots and with the extra monitoring I was able to carry full term, and never did dilate any more until delivery. Here's hoping you have the same positive outcome.

Take it easy, lady! Rest whenever you can, though I'm sure your doc already told you that. :)

~Cheri