Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vsg And Pregnancy-Losing Weight After Baby

I just had to post and say congratulations on your new baby! How amazing! God bless you and your journey to have a healthy baby. The good news is you've already lost 35 lbs and only have 30 to go. I just know you can do it. It took me a year to lose my baby weight with both pregnancies but this was before I was sleeved. I didn't gain weight to get obese until about 3-4 years after my last baby was born due to quitting smoking and a major depression where I was just eating with abandon. I am sure your sleeve will help with getting some of the weight off especially if your restriction is coming back. I wish you all of the best!!

Aww thank you so much!! It's coming off slowly...but surely :) Breastfeeding....although burns more calories it also makes me hungry. Sigh.... All in due time..

Thank you!!!

Hi --

1st Congrats on you baby, and I am so sorry for the loss of your twins. I almost lost my twins at the same time (24 weeks) and I can't imagine the grief. ((HUG))

I had my twins before my VSG and delivered them by csect when I was 368 lbs. I was down to my already WAY TOO HIGH pre-preg weight of 326 by 6 weeks post partum. This time, I got pregnant at 12 months out, I was 187 when I got pregnant (12 over my ultimate goal). I gained 41 lbs. I delivered her last June 20th when I was up to 229. 6 weeks after her delivery (still exclusively breast feeding) I was down to 211. I stay between 209-211 now and she is 4 1/2 months old. I haven't lost anything since then. I know I have to many sliders and liquid calories. I have ALOT of restriction and most dense foods get stuck and cause me to vomit. The first half my preg I barely gained anything (2 lbs at 20 weeks because I had hyperemesis) but the second half I realized if I ate carbs I felt better. That is what I am struggling with now. I am tired taking care of my little ones and being back at work part-time as a nurse. When I was in the active losing phase i ate 600-800 cal, 90 gm Protein and kept carbs under 50 gms. I just feel like I can't do that right now. I logged everything on spark people... it was my main focus. Now my focus is on getting through the day with multiple small children. I don't feel quite as desperate as I did when I had diabetes, sleep apnea, astma, arthritis. I am scared though. I would like to feel better now. I would like to fit into my prepregnancy clothes and not feel frumpy. I wish I could say something ultra inspiring to you but the truth is I am struggling too. I feel like I need to eat small amounts more frequently as I am nursing.. I did try the 5 day pouch test and I went into ketosis and felt pretty awful but I did lose 7 lbs doing that. If anyone has any ideas I would be open to hearing them to. Good luck and enjoy your baby!!! :-) Amy

Aww thank you amystimetoshine! Congrats on all of your babies ;) Babies/kids sure are amazing! I just gaze at our little sweetie and am constantly amazed at her <3

No worries on not having something ultra inspiring to say... I actually think you did a fine job! It sounds like you know what needs to be done... Decrease calories, sliders... I think the hardest part is actually doing what we both know is the best thing to do. WE are the only obstacle standing on our way. We can...and will lose that weight once we get back to what we know ;)

Best of luck to you!!! ;)

Congratulations on your baby girl! I had two children before I was sleeved. I wanted to write because I suspect you might want to pay more attention to your sleep and food choices. I think you might find the more fragmented your night sleep or the less total night sleep you get, the more carbs and more hunger you have the next day. There is quite a lot of science around sleep deprivation and weight issues. Recently more focus of food choices. Ppl use fast carbs to fuel feeling awake and alert. It's crazy the amount of calories a person will consume, over their normal day calories, when they aren't getting enough sleep. Be your own scientist. Track it. I wonder what you'll find?

life is a journey, not a destination; so, stop running -H.D. THEROUX

Here's my sweet Naomie :)

Oh! My goodness!!!! I do not like babies but your baby is BEAUTIFUL. If I knew mine would turn out like that maybe I would want one lol.

Aw so cute. Congrats mama

Naomiesmommy, I'm so excited for u! I'm hoping to be in the same boat someday!! I am getting sleeved in December and plan for another baby after losing weight!!! I am so glad u posted!!! I am hoping to continue to follow u through your amazing adventure!!!

She is a real cutie!!! Congrats and my sincere condolences on the twins. I'm currently 13 weeks pregnant, it was a shocker to me too after being told ill never conceive and having PCOS as well. I'm 6 months post op VSG. 283lbs was my highest and I'm currently 186. I'm still losing at this point and my docs are really discouraging it at this point. I'm not trying to lose, but I still walk and do step aerobics for exercise. She's a healthy active baby but need the weight my docs say so that she can grow. I'm concerned as well about the weight gain but really need to gain for her benefit. I definitely can eat more but don't have any cravings. I finished a sandwhich the other day but was too stuffed to add any veggies or fruits. Best wishes to you all!!! Ill be following the post! I plan to breast feed as well to help with weightloss.

post-12388-13838396885677_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using VST

post-19418-13813661079715_thumb.jpg

Thanks for sharing vsg!! I would love to follow your amazing adventure as well! It's so great to know people are in the same boat! Best of luck everyone!! We rock!!

Krista...how are you doing? I am 9 weeks and eating like everything in sight!!!! Up 5 pounds. I feel like I am going to be in your boat come August. I just hope the restriction goes back or at least the hunger goes away!!!! I am even drinking ginger ale because it makes me feel good. How can 5 pounds feel like 20!!!!

Here's my sweet Naomie :)

She is gorgeous!!! I had a 36 weeker too. What an absolute blessing. We have suffered 3 miscarriages over the past 2 years and it has been difficult. We have 2 babies but have always felt in our hearts that our family is yet to be complete. Hoping after I shed some weight my chances st getting pregnant will improve. I also have pcos so I know how hard it is to try to get pregnant with having that illness. Enjoy your sweet beautiful girl. As far as the weight I don't have any suggestions except mayne just slowly start back up again with everything you.learner to do with your sleeve. You may just have to add some more calories dense(nut still healthy) foods since you are nursing. I know the energy that saps out of you but soliloquy worth it!

Let me know how this goes. I was sleeved Aug 2, 2012. I had an IUD in to prevent pregnancy and my husband and I somehow ended up pregnant with our 3rd child anyway lol... And only a month post op. I am afraid this is going to sabotage my weightloss. I have still lost over 100 lbs since my surgery but I am afraid of gaining any back because I still have about 60 more that I want to lose

I will be 20 weeks this Wednesday ~ so far, everything has been GREAT!!! I felt my 1st real kicks at 18 weeks, flutters at week 14. No sickness or cravings to date. I can eat more, I just eat until I'm content, trying to eat my Protein. I have definitely slipped into the caffeine pits of HELL!!!! Mountain Dew is my drug of choice and I know it's bad ~ I get real anxious if I don't have it. I am fluctuating between 185 and 190 since October (when I found out I was pregnant) ~ no significant changes however, I feel it's going to change soon. I am just beginning to show ( thought I would never get a belly) but now ~ my movements are slower, I got really tired from walking the mall 3 hours straight the other day. I can see a change in me!! I don't doubt my sleeve won't continue to do its job after I deliver. I PLAN (pray I make it) to breast feed to jump start the weight loss as well use that time to bond with my little one. Haven't quite figured out how I will incorporate the gym again, but my mom does live with us so I'm hoping she'll allow me to have an hour to myself to exercise and she watch the baby for me. I can't wait to hold my pumpkin!! Best wishes again to you all!!!