Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Sleevesters?

Sleeved on Nov 6' date=',,lost from 264 to 249.5 during pre op diet. Was released Fridauy at a weight of 257 current weight as of yesterday 424.7....WHOO HOO![/quote']

You did mean 224.7 right? :-)

I was sleeved on the 13th and all went great. I just want to pass along a tip from the OR nurse. The day before' date=' when it's the strict liquid diet, drink until you float so that you will still be hydrated the next day for surgery. It helps when they take blood and put in your IV. Drink all the way up to midnight.

It works. I have terrible rolling veins but i was hydrated enough 12 hours after my cut off that it only took the nurse one shot at the IV.

So, late November sleevers, drink up me hearties yo ho![/quote']

Thanks for the tip!

New to site...now in Pre-Op liquid diet stage. One week to go! November 26th is the day! Struggling right now' date=' but not giving up! :)[/quote']

Newbie the first couple days are tough, but it gets easier! I lost 16 pounds on my preop and I cheated acouple times, but I persevered....surgery is scheduled for Monday...it'll get better...just think of the end result!

I was sleeved on November 14th and can't seem to get a full nights sleep since then. I'm not in pain but wondering why my sleep schedule is so off?? Maybe it's because I was woken up to walk many time throughout the night? I'm not sure but does anyone have any suggestions??? I'm very tired during the day and up at like 3am just hanging out lol it's CRAZY!!!!! I just wanna sleep already....

I was sleeved on November 14th and can't seem to get a full nights sleep since then. I'm not in pain but wondering why my sleep schedule is so off?? Maybe it's because I was woken up to walk many time throughout the night? I'm not sure but does anyone have any suggestions??? I'm very tired during the day and up at like 3am just hanging out lol it's CRAZY!!!!! I just wanna sleep already....

I also had trouble when I got home, I found that if I slept on the couch with some big pillows so I wasn't laying flat helped me a lot!

Less than 24hrs before surgery very nervous :unsure:

Less than 24hrs before surgery very nervous :unsure:

Same here. I go under the knife at 9:45. You?

Good luck to everybody having surgery! You will all do great!

My surgery is at 10 am tomorrow, November 19th. I am in absolute shock/disbelief that the day has finally come! I have some nerves, but more than anything I'm just ready to wake up and start my recovery!!

:)

Best wishes to anyone else scheduled for tomorrow

Good luck to everyone going in this week!

THANK YOU!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Hi all. My procedure has been postponed. I was scheduled for November 15th, last Thursday. I started getting hives a few days after beginning my 2 week pre-op diet of liquid Protein Drinks. They just kept getting worse. I know the hives were from something I ate. I was tested for allergies to whey and cassein which were negative, but I still think it was something in the drinks. Last Tuesday, I saw the surgeon who said she could still operate even if I had the rash and hives on my belly. My big concern, besides infection for being cut on the rashes was that the post op diet was also milk based. Neither my dietician nor the surgeon could suggest a non-milk product. On the day before the surgery, not only were the hives worse, but I also had extreme diarrhea. I made the decision to not have the surgery until I had a better idea as to what is going on with my body. I see a dermatologist in a week.

Funny, I sent an email out to about 6 people close to me that I would not be having the surgery. Four people responded that it was Great that I was not "going through with it." One even said "congratulations on my decision." I thought these people were behind me all the way. I guess not.

I know I made the right decision medically. I will continue on my path to lose weight and use all of the eating tools I've learned in the past 6 months; to eat slower, eat Protein first, not to use a straw, drink Water separate from meals, exercise, take Vitamins, etc. I've lost 29 pounds since I started this bariatric program, which is more than I ever lost at Weight Watchers. I can do so much more than before. I am on a positive path to a negative weight if that makes sense.

I wish all my fellow November Sleevesters the best of all. Know that I am behind your decision and understand and applaud your decision to make yourselves better. I hope this procedure is the tool for you to lose weight and to get yourselves to a place where you fell good and proud of yourselves. The gastric sleeve is the way to go.

Sending love to you all,

Kris

GBHeron (Great Blue Heron - my favorite bird)

Congrats to everyone who's being sleeved tomorrow or the following days to come this week. I pray that all goes well...and don't forget the advice given about drinking plenty of Water the night before! Give us an update with your progress.

A better Me

My Surgery date is November 26, 2012. Thanksgiving may be a struggle to get through but I will be working on staying focused and sipping my broth.< /p>