Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

I can't complain about Bush? Or is this just for personal whining? I'm game. I'll order one. hope they have ones for fat wrists!

Betsyjane, the goal is for a "complaint free world" so I think Bush would be off limits. ;-) My old boss use to call me cynical. I said I preferred to think of it as being realistic so perception can be everything. If you state facts of stupidity, maybe it's not complaining. The Bracelet comes with information on how to use it but it is to be self-monitored so you'll have to be the one to decide whether you're complaining or not. But wonder if the comment about "fat wrists" is a complaint. :omg: And you're wrists should be thinning.

A friend was doing this with an imaginery bracelet. She did look awfully odd "moving" the bracelet from one arm to the other.

Tom

Per Wikipedia, complaint = an expression of displeasure. Hmm. That covers a lot. I guess for every complaining utterance that is about to leave me mouth, I'll need to state my gratitude for something instead. As in,

I am grateful that Bush will be out of office soon, and I am grateful for the TV ads that don't portray me as a slug who should just be eating right and exercising. :-)

Just order 5 for my FAMILY...I'm the worst in my family, but they do their fair share too. Thanks

Years ago, we use to have a "Quarter Cup" at work. Every time you complained, you had to put in a quarter. There were days that I'd walk in and but a $5 bill because I knew what kind of day it was going to be! I don't remember what we did with the money in the cup (maybe went to Happy Hour?) but it's another way of making you aware of your actions. The more aware of what we do in any given area is likely to help us be more aware of the food choices we're making. Mindless eating has gotten many of us to the point we needed the band.

Tom

Hi all! Well, my daughter starts our conversation yesterday by saying, "Can I tell you something without you getting offended?" When someone starts the conversation that way you know it's not good.

Me: "Sure."

Her: "Well, you don't look good. Your pale and have bags under your eyes and your hair looks bad."

Me:"Well, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that I have major allergies right now. (My eye lids are red and puffy and I can't stop the drippy nose even though I am taking 3 prescriptions) The hair thing I am working on. Don't understand the Hair loss. I'm taking Vitamins and Calcium and eating healthy."

Her:"Well, you don't look good."

Thanks. Just what I wanted to hear. I am finally losing weight and feeling better about myself just to hear how horrible I look. Now I can't stop looking in the mirror and thinking about what people are saying. Does everyone else think I look bad? Are people thinking that and not saying anything? Self doubt has taken over. Ugh.:faint:

Hi all! Well, my daughter starts our conversation yesterday by saying, "Can I tell you something without you getting offended?" When someone starts the conversation that way you know it's not good.

Her: "Well, you don't look good. Your pale and have bags under your eyes and your hair looks bad."

Me:"Well, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that I have major allergies right now. (My eye lids are red and puffy and I can't stop the drippy nose even though I am taking 3 prescriptions) The hair thing I am working on. Don't understand the Hair loss. I'm taking Vitamins and Calcium and eating healthy."

Thanks. Just what I wanted to hear. I am finally losing weight and feeling better about myself just to hear how horrible I look. Now I can't stop looking in the mirror and thinking about what people are saying. Does everyone else think I look bad? Are people thinking that and not saying anything? Self doubt has taken over. Ugh.:faint:

Just make sure you are healthy...vitamins, B's especially and Vit C at least 1000 mg a day, Biotin for the hair and plenty of Protein and green veggies. water... sleep? ??? And do not take too many prescription meds especially if they are for the same thing!!! Not a good thing. If doing all of the above and no change then see your doc and get some boold tests and make sure everything is OK. Also start wearing brighter colors to bring out the new you!:confused: Let me know how you do.

Just make sure you are healthy...vitamins, B's especially and Vit C at least 1000 mg a day, Biotin for the hair and plenty of Protein and green veggies. water... sleep? ??? And do not take too many prescription meds especially if they are for the same thing!!! Not a good thing. If doing all of the above and no change then see your doc and get some boold tests and make sure everything is OK. Also start wearing brighter colors to bring out the new you!:confused: Let me know how you do.

Thanks Angela. I am just taking a Multi-Vitamin (for bariatric). I do have some Vitamin C that I will start taking too. I haven't been taking those. I hadn't heard about biotin for the hair. Good tip.

I appreciate the help and will use it.

I'm going to Oregon next weekend and hope to buy some new slimmer me outfits to get me through the next month or two. Will keep the bright color thing in mind while shopping.

Hope you had a wonderful time on your trip. Would love for you to post pictures!

Thanks Angela. I am just taking a Multi-Vitamin (for bariatric). I do have some Vitamin C that I will start taking too. I haven't been taking those. I hadn't heard about Biotin for the hair. Good tip.

I appreciate the help and will use it.

I'm going to Oregon next weekend and hope to buy some new slimmer me outfits to get me through the next month or two. Will keep the bright color thing in mind while shopping.

Hope you had a wonderful time on your trip. Would love for you to post pictures!

Thanks, yes I had a great time! i ate a bit much and gained about 3-4 kbs. But it was worth it! I will post pics on yahoo and give you the link later.

Tweety,

If I can throw my 2 cents in. I know when I was about 15, my mom was in a weight loss program, and was successfully losing weight. It really bothered me. I remember crying a lot, mostly because I knew at that age, that it meant that my mom was not happy with herself. The woman that I idolized was not happy with herself. It shook me to the core. I would not be surprised if our children feel that way. i do not discuss my band or weight loss with my kids. Probabaly because of what I went thru as a kid, now that I think about it. The mind is an amazing thing.

Angela,

Are you going to do a monthly update of all that are here from Nov bandings? I love reading those. By the way... Happy April!

Misty

Tweety,

If I can throw my 2 cents in. I know when I was about 15, my mom was in a weight loss program, and was successfully losing weight. It really bothered me. I remember crying a lot, mostly because I knew at that age, that it meant that my mom was not happy with herself. The woman that I idolized was not happy with herself. It shook me to the core. I would not be surprised if our children feel that way. i do not discuss my band or weight loss with my kids. Probabaly because of what I went thru as a kid, now that I think about it. The mind is an amazing thing.

Angela,

Are you going to do a monthly update of all that are here from Nov bandings? I love reading those. By the way... Happy April!

Misty

Hi...Sorry no...no updates from me...if someone wants to do it...Great!:clap2:

I am sooo sorry. Perhaps she is just used to seeing her mom the other way? Im with you on the hair loss thing. Hey, how the heck did you lose sooo much weight. You go girl. Also, I have to say that I think my sagging arms and legs look worse now then before. Just gross. But, Ill take care of that later.... Hang in there! She's a kid, what does she know?

But...you said you feel better about yourself? Other than the allergies, so don't let her get you! BTW...thick head bands are back in style again!

Change is hard fro family members. I remember once when I lost weight (briefly), my husband said "You're not going to leave me, are you?" He adjusted. Now, as I'm losing weight, my Mother looks panicked and tries to shove food in my mouth because for her, feeding people = love. their issues and they'll have to adjust. I figure change is sooo tough, that they can't even be happy for me until they've done their own internal work. I can wait.....