Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

Have you tried the Viactive calcium chews? They are not too bad, actually, almost like eating a chocolate candy. That's what I use, when I remember to take them. I have not really noticed any extra Hair loss, but I am getting thin on top, and would also like to know about the sub-lingual stuff that Angela is talking about. I do take my Multi-Vitamin every day, but could use something extra for the hair! Of course, my dad was bald, and my mom is very thin up there now, so maybe I am just doomed! Tom, I have osteoarthirits, but I know what you mean about the weather! We also had rain today because of a cold front coming through, and I really could tell a difference. Where do you live, Tom? I still mananged to workout twice today, though. Once on the 30 minute circuit, and then later I walked a mile on the treadmill. But then I was too sore to go to the grocery store! The good news is that I am finally under 200 pounds for the first time in years!!!!! Yeah me!!!

Have you tried the Viactive calcium chews? They are not too bad, actually, almost like eating a chocolate candy. That's what I use, when I remember to take them. I have not really noticed any extra Hair loss, but I am getting thin on top, and would also like to know about the sub-lingual stuff that Angela is talking about. I do take my Multi-Vitamin every day, but could use something extra for the hair! Of course, my dad was bald, and my mom is very thin up there now, so maybe I am just doomed! Tom, I have osteoarthirits, but I know what you mean about the weather! We also had rain today because of a cold front coming through, and I really could tell a difference. Where do you live, Tom? I still mananged to workout twice today, though. Once on the 30 minute circuit, and then later I walked a mile on the treadmill. But then I was too sore to go to the grocery store! The good news is that I am finally under 200 pounds for the first time in years!!!!! Yeah me!!!

:clap2: Way to go Conniesueb. That is a huge milestone. Congrats!!!

I haven't tried them yet. Might be a nice treat if taste like candy. How many calories?

Ok Nov. Bandsters I need your advice. I was filled on wed. (3rd fill) . It's now Saturday night and I still can't get anything down. I just sip hot tea or bouillon that's it. I was told your stomach gets swollen and needs a few days to settle down. Anything I try (like cream soup) it just plain hurts bad......and I just continually spit up saliva when I sip stuff.

SOUNDS A LITTLE TIGHT DONT'CHA THINK. I go back monday for a unfill if it doesn't get better.....any advice on getting liqueds down and staying down or how to stop the stomach cramping??

I get more than my share of Protein and take my Vitamins but I have had some Hair loss, though not significant. What I do find hard is getting my Calcium. I have chocolate calcium chewables, but they taste like chalk and make me want to vomit. So, I bought pills and they are monsters and they get stuck. I bought the chewables from my surgeon and can't find chewables at my pharmacy. What calcium supplements do you all take?

:) By the way, it was good to come back on and see some of you back and hitting the buttons. :)

I get all of my vitamins from whole foods qnd trqder joes all chewables

Viactiv qre not good they have little value and they use corn Syrup which is reqlly bad for you

will be back in the U.S. Tuesday

We don't have Whole Foods or Trader Joes either, but I will keep looking for a chewable that will work and not taste like chalk. I really have a hard time getting it down. I'm gagging just thinking about it.:phanvan

I get all of my Vitamins from whole foods qnd trqder joes all chewables

Viactiv qre not good they have little value and they use corn Syrup which is reqlly bad for you

will be back in the U.S. Tuesday

WELCOME BACK, ANGELA!! Can't wait to hear about your trip!! ;)

Where do you live, Tom? I still mananged to workout twice today, though. Once on the 30 minute circuit, and then later I walked a mile on the treadmill. But then I was too sore to go to the grocery store! The good news is that I am finally under 200 pounds for the first time in years!!!!! Yeah me!!!

I live in north central Ohio. Today was absolutely GORGEOUS. And I had to work. :faint:

Congrats on getting under 200!!! :clap2:

Tom

kjojojr:

You do sound too tight. If it's just inflammation, it'll be gone by now. The only thing I know about getting anything down atoo tight band is to drink your liquids HOT. Let us know what they say.....

Well, after my pouch dilation...which I am now convinced was due to having a bit too much restriction, and food and liquids just sitting there waiting to go down.....I can definitely say that going on liquids for a few days set everything straight. I feel great. Meals are the quantity they should be.

It put the fear of God in me, though. It's a funny thing. Now, when I eat what I think is a bite or 2 too much, I go to liquids for the next meal in case I stretched to pouch. It's overkill, I'm sure, but it's just happening naturally. Sort of like eating high calorie food and then automatically knowing I have to go to the gym and work it off. (That last part isn't happening yet, but I'm working on it.) I survived an all weekend out of state birthday party with catered food, and felt comfortable. And lost a pound in those 4 days.

The other benefit to the stretched pouch thing is that an expereinced bandster told me that after around 8 months, you being to not even think much about eating because it's lost its interest and "I've developed new hobbies". She was telling me that this concentration on all things bandster kind of fades and becomes much more natural. I believe it. I get little glimpses of it.

And finally, the bandsters at goal weight who told me they only eat around 600 calories a day....Although I eat many more calories than that, hearing that helped me to think differently about calories and I think my calorie intake has gone down a little as a result.

All in all, having had a pouch dilation was probably just what I needed.....

You guys will get a kick out of this. This weekend I drove my Mom to her best friend's birthday party in another state. Mom is 90. I was getting tired on the drive up, so I put my ipod shuffle on...It's all my upbeat workout music. Mom wanted to hear what it sounded like, so she put it on and was surprised that I had a lap band song on there. What? A lap band song? Mom doesn't hear well. So she started singing it in that overly loud off key way that we all sing when we have headphones on.... it was Donna Summers...."Lap band. Lap band for loooove. Yes it's my lap band lap band toniiiiight....."<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

hello everyone i was banded11-27-06 my starting weight was 2335 now im 207 i dont feel that im losing or gaining weight in the last 2 months . any advice please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Melanie,

You could try upping your Fluid intake - I find it really helps me lose the weight and stave off hunger pangs.

I've been trying to watch my calories lately too and it helps. I try to aim for about 800 per day.

You might not be eating enough - try zig-zagging your calorie intake - it's supposed to confuse the body and keep the weight loss going.

Try googling - weight loss plateau - it'll bring up more info for you.

Hope this helps,

Yvonne

x

Are you hungry? Do you need a fill? Are you drinking liquid calories instead of solids? Frankly, your weight loss has been really good...Could be your body is just trying to adjust..... How do you think you're doing with the bandster lifestyle?

GREAT SITE! Thanks for sending it. I think I need to eat more Protein. I think my caloric intake is too low. I need to find out how much protein is in an oz of chicken or meat......I don't think I get enough. I try to drink a 1/2 a shake for Breakfast and I try to eat one Protein Bar that has 10grams.... plus my food. Ill lookl into this. I can't believe that I could possibly be a victim of "poor nutrition"! Ha, go figure!

Marni....

Even my doctor didn't give me as much information on what to eat, etc. that is on this site.

http://www.lsaobesity.com/Lap-BandDietGuide.htm I thought it was very helpful. I have been eating more and more protein and less carbs.

Also, I recently read a book by a Dr. Richard K. Bernstein who is diabetic. He totally believes in more protein and less carbs for anyone who wants to lose weight or control their diabetes. I don't know if you are diabetic or not, but I'm sure we all want to lose weight. The book is called Diabetes Solutions. He has a website too.

http://www.diabetes-normalsugars.com/

I have been trying my darnest to get off carbs. It is hard and especially with two children and a thin husband around.