Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

So, I have a question--do most of you snack in-between meals, or are you just eating 3 meals a day? It seems like I am wanting a snack around 10:00 every morning. Sometimes I have one, sometimes not. I am kinda bummed cuz this is the first week since I had my surgery that I have not lost any weight. I didn't gain any either, though, so I know it is stupid to be upset, but I had just been on such a roll!! I am in the gym almost every day though, so maybe I have gained muscle, which weighs more than fat, right? ANyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

When I start sancking too much or have the need too often, I find a fill takes care of it. I so sometimes have a snack and I try to have one with reason. A small sack size Protein Bar, a granola bar, sweet & salty mix....Not anything that represents bad habits such as a candy bar or chips! As far as weight goes, hang in there. You could just be retaining some extra Water or something. Don't panic!

I went to Spivak's support group last night. There were a half dozen people there who had lost well over 100 pounds. I was shocked. The big losers were also aggressive dieters, eating around 600 calories a day, far less than I eat. I guess I have to decide if I have those aggressive goals. Here's a sample of a day's menu for these folks....

1/2 yogurt for breakfast-save the other half for a snack.< /p>

lettuce and tomatoes for lunch.< /p>

meat and vege for dinner.< /p>

no Snacks except that half yogurt

aerobic workout 5 days a week.

Have I been in the dark???? I eat twice that much per day and I can't imagine filling up on half a yogurt.

BEtsyJane...they also are probably Vitamin deficient and probably struggled with losing their hair!! Inside they might not be very healthy... so it is best higher calorie and a bit slower...but with hair and firmer skin...PLUS good health!!! Also their bodies probably now gain weight easier due to a lower metabolism sparked by eating at starvation levels for so long. :faint:

Yesterday, I looked in the mirror, and I saw it.. me 53 lbs thinner. It honestly scared the hell out of me. My first thought was how many people end up divorced after weight loss surgury, and my second thought was "Will my hubby still love me if I am thinner?" Sounds crazy, but I was terrified. I went to find him, and he reasure me that he loves me and always will no matter what I look like. Funny, I never felt insecure at 350.. pretty much knew my man loved me and at 6'1" tall, I knew I was overweight, but I saw myself more a "force to be recconed" with than a "fat slob" Now that I am getting there.. I am bouncing between 264-267 lbs, I see it... I see the old Misty emerging. My hubby Ben, never knew me thin, and I was insecure about it.

Has anyone else gone thru this? Do I need to go back to the therepist??

He did make me feel better. He kindly pointed out that he thought it might be better when I was thinner, not harder. I think he is right.

The mind is a crazy place..

Misty

My problem is the opposite and I was going to start a topic like this today as well. My husband is freaking out! It's just horrible. He supported me having the surgery and didn't want me fat. So I have the surgery, Im doing great. Ive lost 30 lbs. Now, we don't talk much about my progress, never talk about dr visits... He thinks Im looking for men on the internet, flirting and hanging all over this guy at a party we went to, thought after 2 drinks I was over doing it, and thinks that I now think him to be unappealing to me! I am devestated. I thought I would be having the emotional problems, but he obviously can't deal. Ive never felt so in control and good. I am 5 lbs away from the lowest I have ever weighed and I am starting to look good! Why isn't he thrilled? Why doens't he support me and tell me I look great. Forget that, tell me I look HOT! Anyway, Im have such problems! HELP!

Connie Sue...yes that much exercise builds lots of muscle and it does weigh more!!! Check your measurements! You are doing great!!!!!

I went to Spivak's support group last night. There were a half dozen people there who had lost well over 100 pounds. I was shocked. The big losers were also aggressive dieters, eating around 600 calories a day, far less than I eat. I guess I have to decide if I have those aggressive goals. Here's a sample of a day's menu for these folks....

1/2 yogurt for breakfast-save the other half for a snack.< /p>

lettuce and tomatoes for lunch.< /p>

meat and vege for dinner.< /p>

no Snacks except that half yogurt

aerobic workout 5 days a week.

Have I been in the dark???? I eat twice that much per day and I can't imagine filling up on half a yogurt.

I don't think I could survive on that and HOW BORING! I eat everything I did before. Just in little amounts!

Hi All!

Just wanted to let you know...another bandster board asked me to host a thread called Ask Dr. Trumbauer...it is fun going to both boards, and some of the same people are there also as we find here. It is band2gether.net. I ahve also been doing a commitment thread there and it has been helpful, although latelt it has been more difficult. Usually I come to my November Bandsters first!!! I luv you guys!!:clap2:

My problem is the opposite and I was going to start a topic like this today as well. My husband is freaking out! It's just horrible. He supported me having the surgery and didn't want me fat. So I have the surgery, Im doing great. Ive lost 30 lbs. Now, we don't talk much about my progress, never talk about dr visits... He thinks Im looking for men on the internet, flirting and hanging all over this guy at a party we went to, thought after 2 drinks I was over doing it, and thinks that I now think him to be unappealing to me! I am devestated. I thought I would be having the emotional problems, but he obviously can't deal. Ive never felt so in control and good. I am 5 lbs away from the lowest I have ever weighed and I am starting to look good! Why isn't he thrilled? Why doens't he support me and tell me I look great. Forget that, tell me I look HOT! Anyway, Im have such problems! HELP!

Marni--I think that is pretty common. My husband keeps asking me if I am going to trade him in for a better model. And his friends aren't helping--when he tells them how much weight I have lost, they say stuff like that to him, and get him going. But, he does compliment me, although sometimes i want to smack him for the way he goes about it. The other day we were in a store, and he was walking behind me saying "hey Foxy Lady" way too loudly. It was sooo embarassing! I asked him to stop, and he just thinks it's funny. He says that most women would like it if their husbands were complimenting them, but I don't think anyone wants to be embarassed like that. I told him in no uncertain terms that I didn't like it, but he just thinks it's funny. He is driving me a little bit crazy. Last weekend I went out with my friend, and he asked the next day if any guys were hitting on me--that was never an issue before! I know he's just feeling a little insecure, and hopefully that will pass soon.

I think we have to give our guys time to adjust! they don't have lapbandtalk to come to...or support groups....and it impacts them almost as much as it does us.

MArni,

He is feeling insecure... for a while you might have to be extra doting and keep telling him you love HIM!!!! Also gently let him know you would feel even closer to him if he gave you positive feedback. By the way...is he overweight? Could he be feeling like he needs to do something to improve himself? Maybe you two could go take walks together.

Marni--I think that is pretty common. My husband keeps asking me if I am going to trade him in for a better model. And his friends aren't helping--when he tells them how much weight I have lost, they say stuff like that to him, and get him going. But, he does compliment me, although sometimes i want to smack him for the way he goes about it. The other day we were in a store, and he was walking behind me saying "hey Foxy Lady" way too loudly. It was sooo embarassing! I asked him to stop, and he just thinks it's funny. He says that most women would like it if their husbands were complimenting them, but I don't think anyone wants to be embarassed like that. I told him in no uncertain terms that I didn't like it, but he just thinks it's funny. He is driving me a little bit crazy. Last weekend I went out with my friend, and he asked the next day if any guys were hitting on me--that was never an issue before! I know he's just feeling a little insecure, and hopefully that will pass soon.

He doesn't joke about it tho. He accuses me ANGRILY of all these acts. THey are soooo un ME. We have been together for 25 year! Im only 38. He should know me better than this!

MArni,

He is feeling insecure... for a while you might have to be extra doting and keep telling him you love HIM!!!! Also gently let him know you would feel even closer to him if he gave you positive feedback. By the way...is he overweight? Could he be feeling like he needs to do something to improve himself? Maybe you two could go take walks together.

He is overweight. He of course makes comments on how I had to spend $17,000 to do this and I could have done it on my own....Like, duh, I didn't! And that I have an eating disorder, Like, Duh! I told him that I wish he did it too. That I am not the only one worthy of this venture in our relationship and I support him if he wants to have it done. He's just eating compulsively! Drinking TOO much and angry all the time. I want my Darling Husband back!

It has been a big change in our household but my husband married me thin and he used to be really thin too. He has been really good about my eating so different than the rest of the family. I usually make my own dinner and he makes or buys dinner for him and the kids. I think it has educated him on loosing weight and he wants to go back on Atkins. The thing with me is I did the Atkins and lost but then went on carb binges because I was craving it so much and gained it all back plus more. With my band I cannot go on binges or I will be in pain and that is the difference. My husband feels the same way about me spending so much to get this when I could have just done it on my own. The difference is if I could have done it on my own I would have just stayed thin but my binges made me fatter. I cannot binge anymore. It is too much work to try to get a bag of doritos down. I don't want to feel pain...........so I have the mental block of don't do it. That is why we decided to get this very drastic procedure.......right? If your husband is overweight it is a low self esteem problem with him and he takes it out on you. You have to remind him that just because you want to go out more is a sign that your feeling better about you and that is a good thing. You feel better about you and you want to have more sex...WITH HIM> Not with anyone else.

That will make him happy. Your personality does change when you loose the weight but its because you feel the need to get out of that shell of being depressed and get a life again..........outside of the comfort zone we lived in for so long. It is a journey to better our life and there will be others that will try to bring us down and that is part of the journey to rise above....................And be a better you. It is a daily journey for me and I am trying to just surround myself with positive self help books and positive people. If I feel negative energy from someone I will seperate myself from them. Which is my husband at times so I just plan a day away from him. They get insecure when you are not focusing every bit of energy on them:angry ...............sometime you need to focus on you. They will get the focus but grow up men............sometimes they are more needy than we are. Just remember with a man everything is ok by sex. :( Simple but true. Just give them a little more attention around bedtime and they will be happy. I have been married for 16 years and I am only 35 so I know how you feel. Just because we want to look better isn't because we want a new man. We just want to be happy with us!!!!!!!!!!:)

my 4 month anniversary is tomorrow....

some of yours has passed and some is coming up in the next couple of weeks..... just want to congratulate everyone on your progress so far.

mine has been about -30lbs and 2 pant sizes!..... i find it low compared to some others, but it's way better that what i was!!

ive had 4 fills.... and am at 6.5cc in a 10cc

what's your progress so far?

what has been the hardest thing for you to deal with to-date?

what has been easier than you thought?

the hardest thing for me, occasionally, if ive let myself get too hungry because of working or something..... is that i guess i dont chew properly and try to eat quickly! ouch! u can imagine.... i hate to admit, ive had a

generous share of pb'ing.... :sick

the easiest thing, or most surprising, id say, is that i am able to tolertate some foods that i read are 'more difficult', so that makes me happy.. but maybe if i go for another fill, i won't anymore! lol

:clap2: to all of us!

I did the Atkins thing too. Lost about 45 lbs..... Total weight loss was about 85 lbs BUT I was back on the upswing and already gained back 35 lbs.... So I didn't want to go back again and did the band.

what's your progress so far?

what has been the hardest thing for you to deal with to-date?

what has been easier than you thought?

sg_sg, 30 lbs. and 2 pants sizes is awesome!! Way to go! Keep up the good work! :(

my progress: well, I have taken off 82 lbs. and down 6 pant sizes. I have been overwhelmingly pleased! It hasn't been easy but well worth it. If someone would have told me a year ago that I would be getting up at 4:00 a.m. to get on the treadmill and then exercising more when I got home from work, I would have told them they were crazy but that's my reality now.

hardest thing: when my band got too full and I wasn't able to even get liquids down. :) It was horrible!

easier than I thought: I don't think that I would say easier but I never figured I would drop weight this quickly. Instead of easier I'll say it has given me things I never counted on: willpower and determination.