Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

Hi everyone! I got my second fill today. Don't feel the difference yet but maybe by tomorrow?

Glad to hear that your ok Tom. Brrrr...and what luck with the restraunt. Your servers must have trained here. I think I have had them before. lol.

I'm in Northern California and wishing I had that Southern Cal sunshine. I do get to enjoy the ocean so I can't complain too much. And I'm not 9 feet deep in snow.

Does everyone else feel as cold as I am since they've been banded? I've always been the one sweating and opening the windows in the office. Now I am turning up the heat!

Where in Nor Cal are you? I am in Marin.... I am not sure if I already asked you...so many people!!! :embarassed:

Oh, and sorry Tom for this description,....hope you can get a vicarious thrill!! :D

Karen

Last time I got a vicarious thrill, I almost got arrested. :omg:

I have a lovely ocean of white. And hills of white. And flat land of white. Except where the dogs peed, and then it's yellow!

Tom

Last time I got a vicarious thrill, I almost got arrested. :omg:

I have a lovely ocean of white. And hills of white. And flat land of white. Except where the dogs peed, and then it's yellow!

Tom

Tom, you are a riot!! :) And I LOVE snow.... since I live near the beach, my idea of a great vacation is to go somewhere that has snow falling.... I saw it for the first time 2 years ago... it was so incredibly beautiful!! So we are each lucky in our own way!! Congrats on doing so well with your workouts and your weightloss! :clap2:

Karen

Does everyone else feel as cold as I am since they've been banded? I've always been the one sweating and opening the windows in the office. Now I am turning up the heat!

I am freezing all the time anymore!! FREEZING! I wear two, sometimes three layers of clothes. It's unreal. But of course I do live in North Missouri where we have been lucky to reach double digits lately. Right now my computer says it is 2 degrees! That is freaking cold!!! Next week they are forcasting 40's and close to 50 for one day. I am so excited! I may have to cut my layers down to one. :heh:

We have a wonderful blanket of snow now as well. We only got about 5-6 inches of snow the other day so we were not hit as hard as others. They are calling for another inch tomorrow but I hope they are wrong. I have to travel to the doc. I think I need a small fill because I am getting hungry again and can eat more than I should. Thankfully I am not allowing myself to. I am just a little afraid to have a fill after getting too full last time but I am going to stay positive that it won't happen again.

Has anyone heard from prbrooksie for a few days? I was wondering how she is doing.

Tom, you are a riot!! :) And I LOVE snow.... since I live near the beach, my idea of a great vacation is to go somewhere that has snow falling.... I saw it for the first time 2 years ago... it was so incredibly beautiful!! So we are each lucky in our own way!! Congrats on doing so well with your workouts and your weightloss! :clap2:

Karen

I'll GLADLY swap the sea of white for the ocean! Maybe we can start a new reality show called "Band Swap". <G> I'll come there and you can come here to the frozen tundra.

The workouts are going, although I'm not so sure I'd call it well. And having a pre-senior moment, I totally forgot that Survivor is on Thursdays so missed it tonight. Guess I'll have to watch it on online as I'm a Survivor addict. May have to adjust my days.

Tom

Karen-MMMMM sounds soooo nice...i love the beach also!! In that same way.... no beach bunny here... I'm going to PAris in March.... using the money I wouold have spent on the fill for Paris instead.... Once I really need a fill I will know it....maybe I am one of those who don't need one for a looong time!:girl_hug: :girl_hug:

Angela, you are going to PARIS?? FRANCE???? WOW--- how did that happen?? That sounds wonderful... I'm so glad for you!! And you DESERVE it!! Tell us more!

:) Karen

Tom, I say we all just go visit Karen....Denise you can come, too. Tom's cooking.... :)

What will we be eating...... Goat?? :hungry: (sorry, Tom, I couldn't resist!)

Y'all come.... I would love it!!!

Actually, goat is one of the leanest red meats available. As low in fat as chicken and very high in Protein. Just what the doctor ordered! We could have a goat roast!!! YUM. (And since we can't eat much, we could roast a little one. :hungry: )

Tom

And having a pre-senior moment, I totally forgot that Survivor is on Thursdays so missed it tonight. Guess I'll have to watch it on online as I'm a Survivor addict. May have to adjust my days.

Tom

I LOVE Survivor!! I'm a total addict too! I set my DVR to record it every week just in case I'm not home. :heh: Sad, I know. I just can't help myself.

Tom, I say we all just go visit Karen....Denise you can come, too. Tom's cooking.... :)

Sign me up! I wanna go! And I love goat! It is delicious. :hungry:

I really do not get my band sometimes. I feel as if it is a tempermental child liking inside me, that I have to take care of, but it doen't know what it wants! This morning, after a terrible night of grazing on high calorie foods, I renewed my devotion to heath. I scrambled an egg, and couldn't keep the whole thing down. Crazy really. The other night I ate a can and a half of ravoli, and now I can't eat one egg. So, today I am doing an egg test. I am following my basic plan of Breakfast, protien shake, lunch, protien shake, dinner... but I am going to eat 1 eat each time and see what happens. I think there is times that the band is wider. I know it is crazy.. but it really feels that way.

Totally another topic:

Has anybody found that with not having the ability to eat, you are now being bombarded with issues that you used to use food to deal with? It is like a am sober... and man, that is no fun.

UGH!

Misty

Hi everyone! I got my second fill today. Don't feel the difference yet but maybe by tomorrow?

Glad to hear that your ok Tom. Brrrr...and what luck with the restraunt. Your servers must have trained here. I think I have had them before. lol.

I'm in Northern California and wishing I had that Southern Cal sunshine. I do get to enjoy the ocean so I can't complain too much. And I'm not 9 feet deep in snow.

I am in Santa Rosa and Angela is in Marin. We should all get together some day!

Jill

Gee we should do it...when it's a bit warmer ....fun! Karen's place in the summer!! :girl_hug:

Yes I am going to Paris, france... it has been a while and this is a good time to go due to lower airfares... also I have not seen my best friend in 3 years!! Also other friends I have there... good way to get over someone also! :)

I am in Santa Rosa and Angela is in Marin. We should all get together some day!

Jill

Yes..let's get together :clap2: :clap2:

Tweety, am I reading your signature correctly... you have a 10cc band and had 2 fills, and are only at about 4cc now? I have only 2cc in my 10cc band, and expect to get another 2cc with my second fill next month. Can you please let us know if what you have is not doing the trick? I am so far away from my doctor and I will ask for more of a fill if 4ccs seems too little. Thanks... and yes, I am not as "hot-blooded" now as before... maybe it DOES have something to do with our weight??

Karen

Hi Karen! I am at 2cc as of yesterday. I haven't tried to eat anything yet. I'm going to have some cottage cheese at lunch and see how that feels. All liquids are going down with no problem. I live far away from my doctor too. He said usually between 2cc and 3cc is the right spot for 10cc banders. He said I could go in today if it was too tight (which it's not) or if I really didn't feel anything. He only comes up once a month and it is a 5 hour drive if I want to go to his office in San Francisco. How do you feel? I have never gotten anything stuck. (knock on wood) and never pb'd. (knocking again). Do you feel full/satisfied? I'm not sure how I am suppose to feel. Most of my weight was lost during the first month and very slow since, but I am very happy with the experience so far. You look like you are doing great too. I love this November room. Everyone is so inspiring and full (lol) of great tips. How far do you live from your doc?