Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

Randi--Thank you for the links, I really appreciate it! I never got a chance to look at the Inamed Patient Handbook, it was great to see that my doctor is right on target with it! So....what OTC pain meds. are safe to take as a bandster? I saw the list of what is not good, but what meds. are ok...? Thank you!

I am two weeks out and on soft diet. I am able to eat a cup and a half or two cups at a meal without full or discomfort...I'm trying to eat closer to a cup but am finding that I'm feeling a little stronger with some more food...so I'm happy to wait for more weight loss til my first fill. I am exercising and eating far far far less than prior to surgery so that's good enough for me. First fill scheduled for 12/5.

Randi--Thank you for the links, I really appreciate it! I never got a chance to look at the Inamed Patient Handbook, it was great to see that my doctor is right on target with it! So....what OTC pain meds. are safe to take as a bandster? I saw the list of what is not good, but what meds. are ok...? Thank you!

Veggestyle,

The only OTC pain medication my surgeon recommends is Tylenol. I don't know if you're aware of this, but Tylenol is now available in an adult liquid form. I haven't really checked the various drug stores, but I was able to find it at the local Super Wal-Mart.

However, I would definitely say to comply with your surgeon's instructions, especially if s/he's the one who told you take the NSAID. Everyone's situation is different. I was previously on an daily Aspirin regimen for high blood pressure and would occasionally take Motrin for Migraines and arthritis pain prior to banding. So that is why my surgeon discontinued the use of those drugs for me. Since I'm self-pay, I'm definitely trying to stay aware and remain vigilant on anything that can lead to band erosion or slippage 'cause I definitely don't have another 15K lying around.

Thanks for the links, Randi! I have not seen that handbook and that is great to have. The other links were good, too. Very informative!

Oh, and I love the line under your name.... I need to remember that when I start to feel unsure..... thanks!

Karen

Karen,

You're most welcome! I don't know how current the handbook is, but it's information in black and white from the lapband makers. That's a plus in my book because it allows you to kinda understand why surgeon's can differ on the instructions given to patients.

For instance, some surgeons choose to implant the band with a small fill, while others wait 4 weeks to do the first fill, and still other surgeons will wait six weeks or longer to do the initial fill. And, based on the latest research information, my surgeon is now doing fills as early as two weeks from initial banding.

My Dr. said Tylenol only. And someone here told me about Tylenol chewables. Somebody else here hated them, but I think they are terrific. I was ODing on sweet Tylenol liquid and sweet Flintstone Vitamins. The Tylenol chewables are mint.

WOO HOO ALMOST THERE! :clap2::clap2::clap2: GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU WHO ARE TO BE ENTERING "BAND-LAND"

I HAVE 4 MORE SLEEPS TILL SURGERY....CAN'T WAIT

STARTING WEIGHT 273

267 RIGHT NOW

BAND LAND NOV.30TH

TLBC...DR.JOFFE

GOAL...-123LBS

I feel so terrible today...

I have already lost 20 pounds in just under 2 weeks. Today I have been stressed out! I had mash potatoes at 11 am and then cottage cheese at 2 pm and then got a Dove candy bar and right after that I ate a ice cream bar! I don't understand! I am going to fail at this too. Right now I want to stop at McDonald's and eat a big Mac!

Its just one day. Tomorrow is a new day, one step @ at time changing your history with food.....:hungry: I have had very good days and some not so good days. I am probably eating a little more solids than I should at this stage but I am trying to make sure I get my protien! I am already tiring of Protien shakes. Hopefully going back to work Monday will help ME with some control issues! :). I can't eat that much though, so I am still losing. I lost another pound in the last three days even on more solid food. I HAVE TO REMEMBER TO CHEW... When your start more solids I think you stay full longer but CHEW because I have already been tight in my chest a couple times:eek:

Hang in there! Its a marathon, not a sprint!

My Dr. said Tylenol only. And someone here told me about Tylenol chewables. Somebody else here hated them, but I think they are terrific. I was ODing on sweet Tylenol liquid and sweet Flintstone Vitamins. The Tylenol chewables are mint.

Betsy,

I'll have to see if I can find the Tylenol Adult Chewables. I keep a bottle of the Adult Liquid Tylenol both at home and at work. But, I would rather have the chewables in the car glovebox just in case I need 'em.

I am feeling great.. 4 days out and down 16 lbs!!! I know it is a combo of Water and the taylor hame, egg and cheese sandwiches I ate the week before... But holy crap... 16 lbs in 4 days!

I am still on semi liquid.. meaning Soup broth or opaque and applesause.. 2 protien shakes a day... It is all good as long as I do not go over 4 oz.. then HOLY COW does it hurt!

I went to Target and got 2 really cute dipping bowl (5oz) and 2 small plates, and wrote all over them with rainbow color glass paint... in the center of the plates I wrote... I BELIEVE IN ME... and LIVE!!!

Keeps me focused everytime I see them. I also made a really neat swirly design on my extra long ice tea spoon with polimer clay!

I feel like a queen when I use them.

All my best to everyone, I have homework and groceries to get before I go back to college tommorrow!

Misty

I'm getting banded in TJ on Tuesday. liquids his past week were a real pain. I'm nervous but hopefull

Michael

I am feeling great.. 4 days out and down 16 lbs!!! I know it is a combo of Water and the taylor hame, egg and cheese sandwiches I ate the week before... But holy crap... 16 lbs in 4 days!

I am still on semi liquid.. meaning Soup broth or opaque and applesause.. 2 protien shakes a day... It is all good as long as I do not go over 4 oz.. then HOLY COW does it hurt!

I went to Target and got 2 really cute dipping bowl (5oz) and 2 small plates, and wrote all over them with rainbow color glass paint... in the center of the plates I wrote... I BELIEVE IN ME... and LIVE!!!

Keeps me focused everytime I see them. I also made a really neat swirly design on my extra long ice tea spoon with polimer clay!

I feel like a queen when I use them.

All my best to everyone, I have homework and groceries to get before I go back to college tommorrow!

Misty

Hello all,

Wanted to say that I'm on day 4 after banding and feeling really good. The gas seems almost gone now and I hardly feel the port anymore. It is really amazing that I had surgery on Thursday and feel this good already. Yesterday morning I was already feeling "normal".

I'm still on liquids....my doctor wants it that way for 21 full days. So, it is going to be a long road ahead until I can eat real food again. I do still feel hungry, but can make myself feel better with a lot of Water, tea, and chicken broth. I'm amazed I have the energy I have. I'm not back at work yet -- so I do wonder if I'm taking in enough calories to get through a "normal" day. I was able to add drinkable yogurt to the diet today and should be able to add Protein shakes in just a few days. That should help.

I spent the day shopping today. It was REALLY hard to pass all the restaurants in the mall and smell real food. The thought of losing the band that I self-paid for is enough to get me walking right past those places. But, my goodness......I wonder how hard it is once you get to the point of no restriction and are just waiting for a fill.

Good to know that there is chewable tylenol. I don't want to drag that bottle of liquid tylenol around with me. My grocery store had the liquid....need to look for the chewable tablets.

Good luck to everyone being banded this week!

Good Luck to Everyone that is being banded soon! I know that the wait is difficult but that will seem like a distant memory soon as you move onto BandLand!!! My thoughts are with you!

:gluck: :bolt: :eek: :)

Misty--You sound really creative! I love the sound of what you did with your dip bowls, you should post a picture of them! What are you going to college for, if I may ask?

Misty--You sound really creative! I love the sound of what you did with your dip bowls, you should post a picture of them! What are you going to college for, if I may ask?

Hi Vegge!

WOW 21 lbs lost? !:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: You seem to be in good spirits. I am getting hungry so I have started on mushies and some soft foods ahead of schedule, but many other Docs do so i am not too worried it helpss the hunger and I am only eating 3-4 times a day as oppossed to 6!:hungry: