Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 Day Post Op, Lots Of Pain :(

Hi, i had surgery on 10/23, & im shocked at how much pain my abdomen is in compared to what ppl say...how long will it hurt like hell??

Hurt like hell.....a few days

hurt like heck a few days after that

hurt a few days after that

uncomfy a few days like that.

The 24-48 are without a doubt the worst

**hang tough**

I had no real pain from the actual surgery but had HORRIBLE pain from the gas they had to use to inflate the area for surgery. It was in my chest,back,and shoulders.. Walking will help. I had to take the liquid pain meds once i got home for about 3days. Still a small amount of discomfort in the shoulder. It will get better.. Hang in there

I also read a lot of these posts and seems that several post-sleeves say to definitely take the pain meds. So, don't be too proud and think you can tolerate it and everything will be okay - just take them, unless you are advised not to for some reason.

I do hope you feel better and after a couple do days, you will feel superbly better!

Best wishes. :)

I had to remind myself that this was MAJOR surgery. It will get better, but give yourself some time. The first couple of days were the absolute hardest, then it got a little easier, and a little easier. Be sure you are up and walking frequently. You do need your rest, but I found my stomach hurt the most when I had been still for too long. I also kept a pillow in my lap bc the anesthesia made me cough a good bit, so the pillow helped the incisions when I coughed. It will get better. People told me the same things and I wondered if it really would, but it does. Hang in there.

I had no real pain from the actual surgery but had HORRIBLE pain from the gas they had to use to inflate the area for surgery. It was in my chest' date='back,and shoulders.. Walking will help. I had to take the liquid pain meds once i got home for about 3days. Still a small amount of discomfort in the shoulder. It will get better.. Hang in there[/quote']

I could not agree more the gas was worst!

I had to remind myself that this was MAJOR surgery. It will get better' date=' but give yourself some time. The first couple of days were the absolute hardest, then it got a little easier, and a little easier. Be sure you are up and walking frequently. You do need your rest, but I found my stomach hurt the most when I had been still for too long. I also kept a pillow in my lap bc the anesthesia made me cough a good bit, so the pillow helped the incisions when I coughed. It will get better. People told me the same things and I wondered if it really would, but it does. Hang in there.[/quote']

Yes pillow works well and in public i carried my daughters "teddy bear" it helped with giggles, coughs etc

I had no real pain from the actual surgery but had HORRIBLE pain from the gas they had to use to inflate the area for surgery. It was in my chest' date='back,and shoulders.. Walking will help. I had to take the liquid pain meds once i got home for about 3days. Still a small amount of discomfort in the shoulder. It will get better.. Hang in there[/quote']

Ugh the liquid pain meds made me feel sicker! Yuck

I was waiting for those gas pains to come but they never did. I just have gurgling noise from my belly. I am 5 days postop so I am hoping for some wonderful reason they passed me by. I remember from my four c-sections the gas pain where the worst. I am not on any pain killers either. The liquid stuff felt like fire going down I just imagine how my sleeve would feel about it.

It will get better. I liked to keep ice on my belly. I would do it all day and night. I sucked down the liquid pain meds when I needed it. I just used a chaser like I was doing a shot of alcohol. Take it easy if your in that much pain! No need to rush yourself. Relax a little.

It will get better. I liked to keep ice on my belly. I would do it all day and night. I sucked down the liquid pain meds when I needed it. I just used a chaser like I was doing a shot of alcohol. Take it easy if your in that much pain! No need to rush yourself. Relax a little.

I did the same exact thing except I used a heating pad. I'm three days post op and still pretty sore. The heating pad helps with the muscle pain and gas x strips help with those gas bubbles. Hang in there and good luck to you!

Anyone on fb? Look me up Melissa Bartlett ;)

Hi' date=' i had surgery on 10/23, & im shocked at how much pain my abdomen is in compared to what ppl say...how long will it hurt like hell??[/quote']

Yes I agree with the other posts. I had a prenatal massage it helped not that I am pregnant they just would do a massage on my back due to surgery. Walk.

How are you doing healthier mom??