Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

goal 1: 20 lbs goal met

goal 2: 219-- lowest weight since 2005

goal 3: 199-- onederland

goal 4: 170-- last time I remember feeling comfortable in my skin

goal 5: 150-- size 10, felt great

NSV:

1: not having my arms rub on the sides of my belly when I walk

2: not being out of breathe walking up stairs

3: being able to see ALL of my body

4: looking cute in clothes

5: shopping in regular stores

6: not always eating more than everyone else

7: feeling pretty again

I haven't really put things into perspective as you have in a minute but it is a good idea to put my goals in print...And here is what I came up with...

1. 20lbs the first month - Accomplished

2. Onderland- Accomplished

3. See 180's - Currently weighing 195lbs

4. Size 12 - Working on it...currently a size 14

5. See 165lbs

6. See 155lbs and hopefully a size 9

NSV:

1. No longer look 6 months pregnant - Accomplished

2. Wear heels again without feeling like I am going to break them - Accomplished

3. Take Valentine photos for the first time in 10 years

4. Wear a short hair cut

hmm! I have to come up w something clever too. :)

During my recovery weeks, I wrote in a little journal and thought a lot about goals and what I wanted to achieve. I looked back through those yesterday and it gave me such boost to remember the hopes and dreams from a 300# woman and to see that MOST of them have been accomplished even though I do have more to lose.

for those of you early on, I recommend you keep list of those goals and dreams so you can visually see as you check them off. It really puts things in perspective when you feel kinda bad because your midsection is still a little lumpy... know what I mean ? IT keeps you grounded in the big stuff.

During my recovery weeks, I wrote in a little journal and thought a lot about goals and what I wanted to achieve. I looked back through those yesterday and it gave me such boost to remember the hopes and dreams from a 300# woman and to see that MOST of them have been accomplished even though I do have more to lose.

for those of you early on, I recommend you keep list of those goals and dreams so you can visually see as you check them off. It really puts things in perspective when you feel kinda bad because your midsection is still a little lumpy... know what I mean ? IT keeps you grounded in the big stuff.

I agree with cowgirl..I'm a journaling person and going back and reading stuff I've written about a year, 3 years, even 7 years ago has been a big part in why I decided to go forward with this surgery. I had myself in tears realizing I've just been spinning my wheels for the last 10-15 years of my life, trying and failing so many times. I'm so ready to GO FORWARD!

My goals:

1. Reduce or eliminate my asthma medication

2. Be able to ride my horse at a trot without getting out of breath.

3. Not have to drag this weight around anymore.

4. Less or no body aches.

5. Not have my arms stick out like a linebacker when I walk

6. Wear cuter clothes, and look nice in them

7. More energy

8. Be around and active for my grandchildren.

9. Feel in control of what I eat

10. Feel small in my husband's arms :wub:

I guess these are all NSVs...I've been obese for so long I've forgotten what it felt/looked like when I weighed 116...that was in the ninth grade!!

AWWWW I LOVE THIS! Congrats pretty girl :)