Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 24Th Surgery Date

I've been researching and planning for this day for a year and a half. My brain can not possibly retain any more information. I'm lucky that my husband is supportive (though terrified) and my parents are so proud of me. I've been nothing but super excited until about an hour ago. The nerves are starting to creep in. I had a brief "Oh my God what am I about to do" moment that quickly passed. I think I'm mostly dreading the whole hospital stay. I know its only one night and it will pass fairly quickly and I guess if I have to be nervous about anything, why not my very first hospital stay?

You're right on track for success! Everyone has these nerves! Even for outpatient surgery :) The best thing about this part of the procedure is that you don't have to do anything! The professional is the one doing all the work! You'll be fine and he'll be a successful surgeon, as shown by his track record! :)

How exciting! We all had lots of panic moments before and I had a couple after wonder what I had done. But I can tell you it has been worth it so far. I am finding a new relationship with food that I have never had before and like an old boyfriend, I wonder why i was so obsessed with it. It definitely does not hold its power over me like before.

Just relax, take deep breaths and get ready for an adventure. Keep us updated.

I am also a couple days away. I am getting sleeved on Oct. 25. I did the same thing you did. I researched like crazy, watched youtubers that were sleeved and going throught the experience. I even had a family member that I was harassing becuase she had it done. Now..........so nervous. I trust in my surgeon. He is like the neighborhood bariatric surgeon and he has a wonderful track record but cannot help feeling like i want to pass out every time I think of the surgery. I am not afraid of the journey, I am prepared for that. i am more nervous about the surgery itself.

Deidre :(

I am also a couple days away. I am getting sleeved on Oct. 25. I did the same thing you did. I researched like crazy, watched youtubers that were sleeved and going throught the experience. I even had a family member that I was harassing becuase she had it done. Now..........so nervous. I trust in my surgeon. He is like the neighborhood bariatric surgeon and he has a wonderful track record but cannot help feeling like i want to pass out every time I think of the surgery. I am not afraid of the journey, I am prepared for that. i am more nervous about the surgery itself.

Deidre :(

The closer it gets the scarier it seems. But I've been keeping myself busy, doing laundry, cleaning house, taking the dog to the park. What ever I can do to keep my brain and body busy seems to be helping. Good luck on Thursday and your new beginning! Keep me updated on your progress!

You're right on track for success! Everyone has these nerves! Even for outpatient surgery :) The best thing about this part of the procedure is that you don't have to do anything! The professional is the one doing all the work! You'll be fine and he'll be a successful surgeon, as shown by his track record! :)

How exciting! We all had lots of panic moments before and I had a couple after wonder what I had done. But I can tell you it has been worth it so far. I am finding a new relationship with food that I have never had before and like an old boyfriend, I wonder why i was so obsessed with it. It definitely does not hold its power over me like before.

Just relax, take deep breaths and get ready for an adventure. Keep us updated.

Thanks so much ladies! Every bit of encouragement certainly helps :)

Hi all! I'm scheduled for the 24th too! I am really struggling with the lack of calories and the fact that I can't take my metformin today. I feel really low on sugar. I agree with you, circa, that I dread the hospital stay. I don't like sleeping in public places. I had a surgery before and remember being super groggy for a long time after the surgery but the pain medicine pump that they gave me helped a lot. Everytime I woke up then I would just click the pump and fall right back to sleep again. I'm planning to do the same thing on Wednesday. Do you know what time your surgery is yet? I'm still waiting to find out what time mine will be.

Good luck tomorrow!I have to be at the hospital at 9:30 but have no clue what time I will actually be called back. Fingers crossed everything goes well!

Thank you! Good luck to you, Ailly! Please let me know how everything goes with your surgery when you get a chance.

I am at the hospital waiting till 6am to be called back for preop. Surgery at 8am. I am exited scared all at the same time. Good Luck to all sleevers getting sleeved today and everyone else getting sleeved in the next few days

Save my seat on the losers bench!

I had my surgery yesterday (10/23). I had/have a wonderful support system but still felt the same way. The hardest part so far has been getting down liquids. Today has already been 10xs better though. I think it's the best thing I've ever done & recommend it to anyone! I'm sending positive thoughts your direction and everyone else celebrating their new bday today!!!

Thank you! Good luck to you' date=' Ailly! Please let me know how everything goes with your surgery when you get a chance.[/quote']

Everything went well. Lot of pain on my left side and I didn't sleep in the hospital. But I got home at 2 and it feels good! How'd it go for you?

Everything went well. Lot of pain on my left side and I didn't sleep in the hospital. But I got home at 2 and it feels good! How'd it go for you?

I had my surgery on the 24th got home on the 25th all went well. Woke up this.morning I feel like a truck ran over me. Drinking a Protein drink this morning, only a few sips off course. Otherwise feel good, no nausea just pain cause all my pain meds wore off. Taking some liquid loratab to ease the pain. Hope all went well with my fellow sleevers.

I had my surgery on the 24th got home on the 25th all went well. Woke up this.morning I feel like a truck ran over me. Drinking a Protein drink this morning, only a few sips off course. Otherwise feel good, no nausea just pain cause all my pain meds wore off. Taking some liquid loratab to ease the pain. Hope all went well with my fellow sleevers.

Sounds just like me this morning! Hang in there!