Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Really Hate It When The Media Calls Some Celebrities "fat"!

<_<

Christina Aguilera is one that comes to mind at this moment because my husband and I were sitting in bed drinking our morning coffee. The Celebrity Gossip section comes on and they show a clip of C.A. walking down the street with her entourage. Well, my husband gives out a "grunt" in a good way, meaning he thinks she's hot. I kind of laugh a little bit, and smile. I'm not skinny and really I don't want to be. He says WOW!! She thick, like my Wife.. I laugh again.

Then the News comments on how awful she is because she's "Let herself go" and she is "Fat". I'm not kidding, they really used those terms. I was aghast. CHRISTINA AGUILERA IS NOT FAT!!!

I was FAT! I weighed 330+ Lbs. THAT'S fat. That said, I don't even like the term "Fat" anyway, but that's my problem, no one else's.

I just think the mainstream media needs to stop putting it in our heads what is considered Fat and not Fat. And this calling anyone who wears a Size 8 or a 10 Plus Sized? Really?? It's sickening in my opinion.

Okay, rant over.

The media greatly contributes to the many issues with obesity in our society. C.A. is no where near being over weight. I'm with you! :)

<_<

Christina Aguilera is one that comes to mind at this moment because my husband and I were sitting in bed drinking our morning coffee. The Celebrity Gossip section comes on and they show a clip of C.A. walking down the street with her entourage. Well' date=' my husband gives out a "grunt" in a good way, meaning he thinks she's hot. I kind of laugh a little bit, and smile. I'm not skinny and really I don't want to be. He says WOW!! She thick, like my Wife.. I laugh again.

Then the News comments on how awful she is because she's "Let herself go" and she is "Fat". I'm not kidding, they really used those terms. I was aghast. CHRISTINA AGUILERA IS NOT FAT!!!

I was FAT! I weighed 330+ Lbs. THAT'S fat. That said, I don't even like the term "Fat" anyway, but that's my problem, no one else's.

I just think the mainstream media needs to stop putting it in our heads what is considered Fat and not Fat. And this calling anyone who wears a Size 8 or a 10 Plus Sized? Really?? It's sickening in my opinion.

Okay, rant over.[/quote']

CA is not fat. Simple as that.

Prime example of our societies screwed up views of itself.

I just love the recent articles about "plus sized" models who in my opinion are perfectly normal sized. Our society is so polarized, we have a growing majority that are obese and it seems what's left are fixated on being underweight and unhealthy looking.

My wife asked me once if I thought a particular skinny starlet was attractive, I answered "Nope, what would I do with here, floss my teeth?".

I was very appalled when I went into Lane Bryant and all the pictures of women were of normal size women. I asked the cashier why they would use regular size models and that this was misleading. Of course she didn't have anything to say. I really didn't expect an answer either.

I was very appalled when I went into Lane Bryant and all the pictures of women were of normal size women. I asked the cashier why they would use regular size models and that this was misleading. Of course she didn't have anything to say. I really didn't expect an answer either.

I HATE that too. Plus size catalogs, etc. that use "normal" size models. It's just so wrong! Whether I'm a size 22 or a size 6, I'll always find this practice unfair and bad marketing.

Now that's a great body image.....

I saw a story about Christina's 'massive weight gain' too and it pissed me off. A skinny celeb puts on 10 lbs and everyone is screaming that they're obese. Please!

People wonder why so many young girls are dieting at younger and younger ages and no matter how skinny they get, they think they're fat. It's because of crap like this feeding their insecurities and poor body image.

I recently saw Pitch Perfect and I was pleasantly surprised that they had some leading characters who weren't twigs. It's nice to see larger girls carrying a movie.

I read yesterday that a plus size dating site wants Christina to front their website, how insane is that?

Agree, agree, agree...there is a difference between "fat" and "healthy" as well... we all know what it's like to be overweight and unhealthy and we may never be what society seems to think is "thin"; but we are on our way to being healthy and that's the most important part... maybe someday society will change their way of thinking...but probably not in our lifetime! :(

Wow. Christina is curvy and gorgeous if you ask me. I can't wait to see Pitch Perfect. I would love to see a plus sized women in a movie that wasn't

A. The funny friend of beautiful leading lady

B. Someone to make fun of

C. Ball Buster tough chick (I don't mind that all the time though;)

This is real life folks. How many size 2's are there out there? I certainly seem to be missing them where I am....

I couldn't agree more!

She is not fat, she is stacked!

post-110343-0-16300000-1389753426_thumb.png

Look who she's up against. Body building women & stick thin models. As a teenager, I thought I was huge. I look back on my pics from high school & I'm like "What the hell was I thinking?!" I looked great! My mom always tried to tell me that. The problem was that in my school or any environment outside of my home, my "friends" and other people made me feel this way. All of my friends were petite or tall slender model types. So by comparison, I WAS larger than they were. There wasn't anything wrong with me, I just needed new friends. For more reasons than one. Oh & btw I've since run into a couple of those high school friends and I think I'll refer them to my wls surgeon. One girl I didn't even recognize, she had gained that much. Guess who's the smallest out of them now (before surgery)? *raises hand* Yep! Not that I'm rubbing it in. ;-)

Edited by w8loser