Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fell Off The Wagon Today....

Okay was not good. My pre op diet is to consist of 3 Optifast shakes and two bars. Today, I got very shaky and ended up eating Progresso reduced sodium minestrone and some Peanut Butter. I feel bad, but I needed something. I felt like I was going to die. Disappointed in myself though. :(

Nope, NEVER be disappointed in you! You are doing the best you can. Just resolve to do better for yourself tomorrow. Try some positive self talk. You have made it through how many days without breaking down? Give yourself credit for those and get back to what your doc wants you to do. IMO, the pre-op diet is the absolute hardest part of this journey, but it's SO worth it once the weight starts melting away! :)

(((Hugs))) and good luck! You CAN do this. :)

Thanks Lissa! I have over two weeks to go, so I'm hoping a screw up now won't hold me back. The hardest part for me has been hearing how others have much easier pre op diets. Just low carb, Atkins type! I'd kill for that about right now! Optifast is nasty and no matter what I try it doesn't taste any better.

you have to use Optifast? I started the EAS Protein Shakes today they are not the best but they are okay and have 17 grams of protien.

I had two weeks liquid diet as well. It's hard but you can do it. I bought sonic ice and munched on that and sf popsicles.

You can do it and it will make your surgery safer and you will lose weight making you even closer to goal :)

Ok so you went off course, now put it behind you and no more cheating. The pre op is hard, but it will be worth it. You want that liver to shrink and to have a safe surgery:). You can do this.

Sharon keep reading all the positive blogs on here including Lissa's who is over 100lb lost so far and t,his will keep you on the straight and narrow.

Elizabeth :-))))

Okay was not good. My pre op diet is to consist of 3 Optifast shakes and two bars. Today' date=' I got very shaky and ended up eating Progresso reduced sodium minestrone and some Peanut Butter. I feel bad, but I needed something. I felt like I was going to die. Disappointed in myself though. :([/quote']

Admitting it you are on your way to recovery. Progresso Soup is not the worst thing u could of chose. Stay positive. Hear for you. .

Actually, I have one MONTH of this. My two week half way mark is Thursday. Just wondering, is the weight coming off what shrinks your liver or what you eat? I just noticed some people have liquid pre ops and some have low carb. Can someone explain? Can you lose a bunch of weight and still have a large liver? I have lost 26 so far.