Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two weeks out now and Water still a little rough on the stomach. Does it get easier to tolerate? How far long where you?

So far crystal lite is too sweet for me. Gives me a headache. Miss loving plain H2O.

Chad2rad - i had the same thing started with Water and then it was nearly everything i drank by week 3. I ended up in hosp at week 3.5 with several issues dehydration being 1 of them. I was there for 5 days but dr said he thought maybe i had inflamation & gave me iv muscle relaxers for 2 days and then within a week i was actually able to take a big drink of the h2o and get that ahhhhh feeling :) dont give up keep trying and eventually it should get better. If you notice other symptoms call your dr - Hang in there!

If you're drinking Crystal Lite with Aspartame (sweetener), it may be that that's causing the headaches. (I can't touch the stuff...gives me wicked migraines!)

I find several of the 4C flavor packets to be quite good (fruit punch, peach tea, etc)....they're 0 calories, sweetened ith Splenda, and perfect in a 20 oz bottle of Water.

Keep trying different things....the last thing you want is to become dehydrated!

Best of luck!

Laura

Chad2rad - i had the same thing started with Water and then it was nearly everything i drank by week 3. I ended up in hosp at week 3.5 with several issues dehydration being 1 of them. I was there for 5 days but dr said he thought maybe i had inflamation & gave me iv muscle relaxers for 2 days and then within a week i was actually able to take a big drink of the h2o and get that ahhhhh feeling :) dont give up keep trying and eventually it should get better. If you notice other symptoms call your dr - Hang in there!

I am drinking Water, it just leaves me feeing uncomfortable. It is not refreshing as it was. Anything else is too sweet. Lemon aid is okay. May be I need to try different temps. Warm is better. I miss ice cold though.

I am the same smith tap ter and most bottled waters. I just tried a product called zero Water today and it does a good job at filtering out the hardness from tap water. It really worked. You can find it on Amazon and at stores like Walmart. I still use flavor, but tend towards Mio because crystal light feels corrosive as it goes down.

I am drinking water' date=' it just leaves me feeing uncomfortable. It is not refreshing as it was. Anything else is too sweet. Lemon aid is okay. May be I need to try different temps. Warm is better. I miss ice cold though.[/quote']

I was sleeved 10/11/12 and I was realizing the exact same thing yesterday. I used to love my ice Water, no problem at all getting in 64 oz. daily Pre-op. delish! Now, Water doesn't appeal to me and when it's ice cold I can kind of feel it going down and it's not too pleasant. Is this temporary? I can't imagine not loving water like I did, I surehope it passes!

i have a rough time with pretty much all drinks, but for me they need to be ice cold. Its funny how it affects us all differently.

Yeah, all liquids taste different to me now. I'm sick of Water and tea has lost its appeal. I got sick of Crystal Light from the pre-op liquid diet so I haven't had any of those yet. I did buy some Vitamin Water Zero flavors that are pretty tasty. I've also squeezed some lime into my water occasionally. Personally, I still love the cold drinks. It's much harder for me to drink lukewarm water.

I am drinking water' date=' it just leaves me feeing uncomfortable. It is not refreshing as it was. Anything else is too sweet. Lemon aid is okay. May be I need to try different temps. Warm is better. I miss ice cold though.[/quote']

I lived off gatorade zero.cos everything else just tastes to sweet

Propel Zero is what i have been using. its not to sweet and allows me to drink lots of Water.< /p>

You will be able to drink cold again promise! It just takes a few months. I consider myself a Water expert now. I can tell the brand with just a few sips.( 90% accuracy lol) just try every single thing. What worked for me was a squeeze of real lemon. I also like grape Propel. The bottles not the packet. Good luck!

You will be able to drink cold again promise! It just takes a few months. I consider myself a Water expert now. I can tell the brand with just a few sips.( 90% accuracy lol) just try every single thing. What worked for me was a squeeze of real lemon. I also like grape Propel. The bottles not the packet. Good luck!

Cute! Water conesseur! It stinks so much to go from love, love, loving my water to being like "Ewe! This tastes weird!" I wonder what the physiological reason is for the tastebuds change. Interesting!

Cute! Water conesseur! It stinks so much to go from love' date=' love, loving my Water to being like "Ewe! This tastes weird!" I wonder what the physiological reason is for the tastebuds change. Interesting![/quote']

Interesting question. I would like to know why water is no longer my beverage of choice.

I am almost 3 months out now and can only now "chug" Water like I used to! At first I could hardly drink it AT ALL but did get turned onto hot tea and that was perfect (caffeine free) and counted as water! A few weeks now I have been good with water - warm and cold (at first I could only do room temp water) and now at just shy of 3 months I think I am good!!! Hang in there - it does get better - take it from me a former WATER FREAK!!!!!!

I am almost 3 months out now and can only now "chug" Water like I used to! At first I could hardly drink it AT ALL but did get turned onto hot tea and that was perfect (caffeine free) and counted as water! A few weeks now I have been good with Water - warm and cold (at first I could only do room temp water) and now at just shy of 3 months I think I am good!!! Hang in there - it does get better - take it from me a former WATER FREAK!!!!!!

Going to try some hot tea, can't wait for the water enjoyment to return with enjoyment again. Used to drink Teavana tea and liked it. No German rock sugar now though :(