Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Amazon, its a know fact that when you eat smaill meals through out the day every 2-3hrs you get hungry right at the 2-3 hrs versus eating 1-2meals a day and not feeling hungry.

Some of what you say is correct, but this right here is wrong. I'm sorry but even the link YOU posted earlier contradicts this statement. You will be more hungry eating 1-2 larger meals per day. Eating smaller, more frequent meals will prevent you from becoming as hungry because your tank always has fuel in it. When you eat a big meal and then wait too long before eating again, the tank runs out.

Plus, as I said earlier, WHAT you eat has something to do with it as well....in fact it plays a huge role. High glycemic foods will cause the production and release of more insulin into the blood stream. Larger meals cause even more insulin to be released to bring down the excess blood sugar. As your blood sugar comes back down, you will feel hungry again.

Smaller meals (with lower glycemic foods) do not cause your blood sugar to spike, therefore you do not have the huge release of insulin.

YOU WILL BE HUNGRY OFTEN EVERY 2-3 HRS YOU ARE HUNGRY. ITS MY 2 CENTS AND IM LEAVING IT ALONE I DONT HAVE TIME TO GO BACK AND FORTH ABOUT THIS ISSUE. ANYONE CAN RESEARCH IT. IM DONE WITH THE SUBJECT

I highly recommend reading the book "The End of Overeating". In it' date=' the author details how the food manufacturing industry intentionally manipulates the content of sugar, fat, and salt, in order to make foods cause a chemical reaction in your brain that is identical to the reaction triggered by cocaine and heroine. If you're "craving" foods high in these, you are simply exhibiting the evidence of food having become (literally) your drug of choice. I became so furious, while reading this book, and that anger made it much easier to avoid those foods before and after my surgery. I'm 4 months post-op now, and have cleared all the junk from my system. It's very rare now that I give junky foods a second thought.

Be strong, and don't give in to the desire...it is simply your brain wanting that rush of chemicals. The longer you avoid it, the easier it will become![/quote']

I'll have to check that out.

I highly recommend reading the book "The End of Overeating". In it' date=' the author details how the food manufacturing industry intentionally manipulates the content of sugar, fat, and salt, in order to make foods cause a chemical reaction in your brain that is identical to the reaction triggered by cocaine and heroine. If you're "craving" foods high in these, you are simply exhibiting the evidence of food having become (literally) your drug of choice. I became so furious, while reading this book, and that anger made it much easier to avoid those foods before and after my surgery. I'm 4 months post-op now, and have cleared all the junk from my system. It's very rare now that I give junky foods a second thought.

Be strong, and don't give in to the desire...it is simply your brain wanting that rush of chemicals. The longer you avoid it, the easier it will become![/quote']

I'll have to check that out.

I talked to my NUT about the gum/straw issue today. She said that the reason their office recommends against the gum is because it can create air pockets in the stomach that make you feel full, but then dissipate and you will then graze more which will counter-act the reason for the surgery. She said some people can tolerate straws just fine, but there is less instance of air pockets and nausea/vomiting if you don't use them.

I say to each their own - we have to make the mistakes that will determine what is right and wrong for us. I, however, am going to follow my surgeon's instructions because this is just too important to my life in the whole to mess it up with a piece of gum here and there.

I hope you all are feeling good and dropping pounds! :)

Everyone needs to listen to their surgeons instructions ofcourse, my NUT told me it was the accidental SWALLOWING factor was the reason for the no gum. I have been chomping down everyday for 6 months. Orbit White Bubblemint. I <3 gum.

Sick!! I need this book. Cheetos and twinkies. Ahhh!! Its the best high ever. Lol

Sick!! I need this book. Cheetos and twinkies. Ahhh!! Its the best high ever. Lol

I just finished that book myself. Every since then I've been reading ingredient labels on everything I eat. There is also some great info in the book about the psychological processes that the food industry uses against you.

Everyone needs to listen to their surgeons instructions ofcourse' date=' my NUT told me it was the accidental SWALLOWING factor was the reason for the no gum. I have been chomping down everyday for 6 months. Orbit White Bubblemint. I <3 gum.[/quote']

OMG that is also MY gum of choice!!! I eat every 3-3.5 hours (sometimes i have to make myself eat, because i am not hungry but am/was diabetic so need to control my blood sugar with food. (before surgery i easy taking 2 pills & 3 Bietta shots a day and blood sugar was between 260 - 329----after surgery NO pills & NO shots with blood sugar between 100 - 126) ... i use a straw and chew gum...

November pre-op weight 328

Surgery May 2 Surgery weight 294

today weighed 231.2

just saying - everyone is different !! we all do what we do and no one needs to YELL at anyone. What works for one might not work for another...but if it works for you, it's not wrong, no matter what. Happy losing everyone!