Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shopping!

Yoda,

One thing I noticed with addition-elle is that when I was a size 18

everywhere else I was a size 16 there.:)

So if they have a size 12 maybe it is really a 14 in disguise to make us think we are really smaller than we really are.:drama:

I am glad that I started this. I love shopping but I have many shopping issues especially to do with my size!!! I figured that maybe other people would too.

I just recently reached the point, where i cant keep in clothes! I change sizes so fast that i buy one or two items and by the time i find outfits to put all together, they dont fit anymore! we should have a clothing exchange in here! too bad we arent all in the same proximity area.

I have to get busy and buy some new clothes.....recently I did get a pair of black jeans (stretch, size 12P -- from a 2XX) and a few new shirts. We have a black dress code for the restaurant, I was wearing black stretch pull ons with a black shirt. I haven't replaced that wardrobe yet. The other day my husband was calling me Luigi....he said that from the back with the droopy drawers and my big comfy black sneakers I looked like a little Italian construction guy!

I am going to TO on the 23/24 for what I hope will be my last fill. I plan on shopping for a winter coat.....want a traditional casual duffle coat. I'm kinda a plain Jane....love Holt Renfrew, maybe they will have one.

Carol

well see i put it off ant it off, but when there were getting tangled and twisted in the back becuase they were so big... yea time for new, bought like 2 sweaters in 18/20 and dress pants in a 22, jeans in a 20.. i was wearins 30/32... and sometimes not fitting into those ;).. my dress pants in a22 i bought 2 weeks ago, already lossening up, its frustrating as hell... but id rather be frustrated then fat! hehe

I would like to go shopping but am enjoying wearing my very baggy clothes. They remind me that I have lost weight.

Actually, there is one thing that I would like to buy. I would like to buy a pair of those new skinny jeans if I could find a pair in my (large) size. I wear a lot of big sweaters and big linen shirts and those skinny jeans would look great with them.

are skinny jeans the same as tight jeans? Cause those aren't a good idea for me! I think I know what they are... are they from The Gap or something?

No, skinny jeans are ones where the legs are skinny and tapered in at the ankles, kind of like denim leggings. They used to be in during the '80s and now they are back but they are impossible to find unless you are skinny and prepared to pay big bucks for 'em. The style hasn't filtered down to the regular stores yet. They look great under boots because they don't bulge. You wear them with big sweaters and shirts. I used to get mine at Cotton Ginny and they had Spandex in them. I also had this great pair of black and white checked skinny Capris.

Maybe they do have them at the Gap. I haven't been in there for years. Do they have size fat?

LOL, definitely not for me. My goal with jeans are if I can take them off and on with my shoes on, the ankles are a good size. Wouldn't that just be really tight 'boot cut' jeans?

But no, I don't think the gap has size fat! LOL

Yah gotta take yer shoes off to get into skinny jeans. Sometimes they had zippers in the ankles. Of course, Teresita has a point.... lol

those are available in the goodwill or salvation army!! I am buying all my clothes from thrift stores cause old fabrics are better!! today i am wearing a grey cashmere sweater 3.20 usd and jeans that have been hanging in my closet for 8 years unworn--it amazes me still that i can wear a pair of pants, wash them and still fit in them 2 weeks later OH HAPPY DAY!! I live in the Chicago area and have been trying to give clothes away--thing I wore to a fancier office but no one seems to want them around here--guess they have unlimited $$$$ my suits are havre' bernard ,albert nippon etc...some still have the tags!! you know how that happens when your big and you see something good in your size you don't wait--you buy!! by the time it hits the season you have outgrown it! NOT ANY MORE!!!

Your clothes sound great. I love Albert Nippon. The problem with us setting up a clothing exchange is that we all live so far apart. What a drag! None of my friends were as fat as me and so as I got fatter I was handing my clothes down the line. I was at the top of the food chain, unfortunately, and nobody was able to give me any good (or even bad) stuff.