Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9 Months, 3 Weeks & 2 Days Post Op. 117Lbs Gone!

I have been following you for a while thought I would say hi! Your YouTube video with the micheal Jackson son made me cry and that's when I decided I wanted to make that change. My day is coming Thursday:) see you on the losers bench

omg really? aw! im glad that i helped you make the decision to become healthier! i wish you the best in your journey & pray everything goes well for you love!

I have been following you for a while thought I would say hi! Your YouTube video with the micheal Jackson son made me cry and that's when I decided I wanted to make that change. My day is coming Thursday:) see you on the losers bench

It is so sad that we have gotten to the point where we have to even contemplate putting our lives at risk in order to have this amazing tool. I have read your post as well as Iggy's and a few others that had problems. It scares me but I am at that point where I don't think I can successfully do it myself. Actually I know I can't. So surgery is for me.

When you say you wouldn't have this surgery again I wanted to ask you how you think your life would be now? Your down 117 lbs! Amazing. Do you think you would be happy heavy again? Truly? I certainly don't want to die from this surgery but I feel like I am slowly killing myself right now.

Just curious as to your feelings about this from your experiences. Not making light of all you have gone through either of course. If must be very conflicting for you to have had such success at such a high price. If a close friend or family member asked you to support their decission to have the surg would you do so? Thank you for sharing!

I too am so sorry you had to go through what you did in order to get where you are. The best part is that you are healthy, alive, and thriving. I'm glad that God chose to continue your time here on Earth. I imagine the rest of your journey will be a breeze considering where you have come from. Hugs, and so glad you are around 9 months later to share your story!

the pain that experience brought me will forever be fresh in my mind. my weight was always up & down so there were times where i would diet & get into jeans between sizes 6-14 (my lowest from just dieting) but i always gained it back.

lets put it this way, it was like having cancer for 2-3months. my bestfriends mom had cancer & would throw up bile because of the stent in her stomach & couldnt eat. what was different? only thing was, i had did this to myself!

so no, i could never do that to myself again. i wouldve rather been up & down for the rest of my life than almost killed myself at the age of 23 which stressed my mom out tremendously!

would i support someone? ABSOLUTELY!

why? because i wouldnt want them to be alone as i was (i only had my mom but everyone else in my circle disappeared). also because i know about 10 other people personally who are sleeved & had no complications and are doing GREAT!!!!

its funny because i read a humor quote the other day that was so true. it said, "i would do anything to lose weight except diet and exercise." lol. its so true!

yes, we diet but then we give up on ourselves because our mind tells us to!

thats like hs drop outs. school is just too much for some people. then you have people who go to college & become drs!

WE COULD ALL BE DOCTORS IF WE WANTED TO BE!!! we just need to put our mind to it and do it. its the samething with weightloss. some ppl choose WLS for an easy way out although its not easy. but without trying 100%, they just give up & go for surgery.

so no, i wouldnt do it again but im grateful for my health and appearance now.

It is so sad that we have gotten to the point where we have to even contemplate putting our lives at risk in order to have this amazing tool. I have read your post as well as Iggy's and a few others that had problems. It scares me but I am at that point where I don't think I can successfully do it myself. Actually I know I can't. So surgery is for me.

When you say you wouldn't have this surgery again I wanted to ask you how you think your life would be now? Your down 117 lbs! Amazing. Do you think you would be happy heavy again? Truly? I certainly don't want to die from this surgery but I feel like I am slowly killing myself right now.

Just curious as to your feelings about this from your experiences. Not making light of all you have gone through either of course. If must be very conflicting for you to have had such success at such a high price. If a close friend or family member asked you to support their decission to have the surg would you do so? Thank you for sharing!

(hugs) thank you so much!

I too am so sorry you had to go through what you did in order to get where you are. The best part is that you are healthy, alive, and thriving. I'm glad that God chose to continue your time here on Earth. I imagine the rest of your journey will be a breeze considering where you have come from. Hugs, and so glad you are around 9 months later to share your story!

Your story is an inspiration to many others. thanks for sharing the good, the bad and the ugly with everyone. I was sleeved in November of last year and have lost 160 since surgery and 200 overall. your progress is great.

thats awesome!!!!! congrats!!

Your story is an inspiration to many others. thanks for sharing the good, the bad and the ugly with everyone. I was sleeved in November of last year and have lost 160 since surgery and 200 overall. your progress is great.