Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hair Loss After Surgery

Supplement with zinc also. And you can try various shampoos and conditioners, like Aveda invati.

Both my sister and I did not start losing hair until the 5th month after surgery. When it starts to fall' date=' it's a lot and often clumps. I counted hairs in one clump and it scared me. 27 hairs in one small clump on top of hundreds of single hairs. Each brushing of dry hair would be a brush full of hair the equivalent to brushing a ca't during shedding season. The shower would have an accumulation of hair enough to clog the drain screen I hope you are among the few who don't lose your hair. I also think I am a slow loser. I've never lost more than 2 lbs in any given week You ave lst 40 lbs in three months, that is not slow. Congratulations to you!

[/quote']

Well thank you.... I guess it feels slow comparative to a lot of posts I read here. Well if 5 months is when it happens I guess I will have my hairdresser on speed dial to weave some hair in those missing areas. I feel like Samson with my hair and would have to get it fixed ASAP!

This is a huge concern for me, I will be devastated if it happens. Has anyone seen a dermatologist about it? My doctor told me to take zinc and Biotin, but it all sounds like a big crap shoot to me.

This is a huge concern for me' date=' I will be devastated if it happens. Has anyone seen a dermatologist about it? My doctor told me to take zinc and Biotin, but it all sounds like a big crap shoot to me.[/quote']

Hello.... It's just a bump in the road. I will admit when friends and family were picking hairs off of my clothes it was embarrassing. I tried wearing my hair up during this period and even cut off about six inches with more layering. Since my hair is naturally curly, it didn't show to others like it did to me. I don't think there is anything that dermatologist could suggest. It happens because it's more of shock reaction to the surgery and weight loss. The Biotin and black current, special shampoos etc promote quicker recovery. Zinc Is a new one for me, I'll have to read up on it.

I had surgery on 6/12. I am going bald for reals. Drives me batty. Been losing hair for about 1 1/2 months now. No end in site.

It will stop and eventually I hope the hair is even better than before. It's like survival of the fittest. All the weak hair is what sheds . :)

So, this black current, is it a capsule? If so, how many milligrams?

So' date=' this black current, is it a capsule? If so, how many milligrams?[/quote']

Yes, it is a soft gel caplet, it comes in several dosages, I use the 500mg, they suggest this dose to start to avoid stomach issues, but I never increased it as I believe your body excretes what it doesn' t need. My Dr told me that children's Vitamins are sufficient for adults as most have more than recommended allowances plus what you get from food. On the first page of this thread I wrote about it and attached a couple places to purchase it and one go read about it. I saw it on Dr Oz originally.

Well thank you.... I guess it feels slow comparative to a lot of posts I read here. Well if 5 months is when it happens I guess I will have my hairdresser on speed dial to weave some hair in those missing areas. I feel like Samson with my hair and would have to get it fixed ASAP!

I'm the same way, although an old lady, my hair has always been something that I have received compliments on. Who wants to stop getting positive feedback?

I'm losing so much hair it's depressing. Each was i lose enough to cover the drain in the shower and it acts as a plug. It's become so thin now. I'm using a product called Swisse Ultraboost for hair, skin and nails. Can't remember exact amount but I think it was 300mg is zinc. Not sure off the top of my head how much Biotin. I also take a women's Multivitamin (Cenovis Women's Multi) so I'm probably doubling up on a few ingredients between the 2.

My sister is freaking out at the amount of hair I'm losing. She's afraid to wash it when I need a good scrub. Been considering going to see a trichologist and get their opinion.

I'm losing so much hair it's depressing. Each was i lose enough to cover the drain in the shower and it acts as a plug. It's become so thin now. I'm using a product called Swisse Ultraboost for hair' date=' skin and nails. Can't remember exact amount but I think it was 300mg is zinc. Not sure off the top of my head how much Biotin. I also take a women's Multivitamin (Cenovis Women's Multi) so I'm probably doubling up on a few ingredients between the 2.

My sister is freaking out at the amount of hair I'm losing. She's afraid to wash it when I need a good scrub. Been considering going to see a trichologist and get their opinion.[/quote']

Nessa, is one of my nieces name, short for Janessa . :-). How long has it been since your surgery? My Hair loss stopped overnight as quickly a it had begun to fall out. There is an end. Mine was about 3 months of depressing and embarrassing hair loss. I have faith that it will come in even better than before. Also have your thyroid checked, I have ha periodic hair loss when my thyroid med need adjusting .

3 1/2 months post op. I'm going to ask my GP on Saturday if I can have bloods, though I'm sure I'm due to have some 6 months post op before I see my surgeon for a check up.

3 1/2 months post op. I'm going to ask my GP on Saturday if I can have bloods' date=' though I'm sure I'm due to have some 6 months post op before I see my surgeon for a check up.[/quote']

I just found this article and your earlier hair loss may be perfectly normal. Read this www.drdkim.net/ask-the-dietitian/understanding-hair-loss-after-bariatric-surgery/

I didn't realize that there is a dandruff version, but yes it's the same company and name, just a different version, mine is fortifying.

www.garnierusa.com/_en/_us/our_products/product-struct.aspx?tpcode=OUR_PRODUCTS%5EPRD_HAIRCARE%5EFRUCTIS%5EFRUCTIS_DISCOVER%5EFRUCTIS_FALL_FIGHT