Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Watchers Smart Ones

Thanks guys, as for sweets, I've cheated here n there, nothing too crazy ! I know if I force myself away from everything, I would go nuts!!!!

Looks like no more weight watchers, it will be better once I can eat fruit n veggies (4 more months)!!!!

Thanks guys' date=' as for sweets, I've cheated here n there, nothing too crazy ! I know if I force myself away from everything, I would go nuts!!!!

Looks like no more weight watchers, it will be better once I can eat fruit n veggies (4 more months)!!!![/quote']

I actually ate 1/2 of a WW dinner last night nd found it fit in with my plan fairly well. I had 2 Oz of meatloaf, 3 tbs mashed potatoes and 2 tbs gravy. 115 total calories. 9.5 gr Protein, 3 gr fat and 11.5 gr carbs.

While I wouldn't make this a daily habit, I think that if you choose the dinners carefully, they can be an occasional part of your routine.

I used to like eating the weight watchers Thai Noodle. It is probably too high in salt' date=' carbs and what not post sleeve. Does anyone know?[/quote']

That's my favorite one too it's got 15g Protein, 42g carbs, 620mg sodium.

I also occasionally eat a Lean Cuisine or a Smart Ones.....but have to read the labels, so many have alot of carbs. Lean Cuisine has a beef tips portabello with broccoli for 160 calories and hardly any carbs! I mostly have food I prepare with fresh ingredients so I can control the carbs/sodium and calories and focus on high Protein where I can to meet my protein requirements.

I was looking at the "healthier" frozen dinners at the store again last night. Many of them are very high in carbs (lots of Pasta and rice as the main ingredient). A couple were primarily meat and veggies or a small portion of pasta/mashed potatoes, so they seem like a better option. My husband is an airline pilot so he's gone 3 nights/week. I HATE cooking so those nights the frozen dinners are a quick & easy option. 1/2 a frozen dinner seems about right as far as volume. Some are high in sodium. Honestly, that doesn't really bother me - I'm likely to add salt anyway......

I've also ordered a dry grilled chicken sandwich. Go home, toss the bun, portion the chicken into the 2 oz servings my surgeon recommends at this point (I'm 5 weeks post), add a veggie and I'm set.

For me, it HAS to be easy......

I was looking at the "healthier" frozen dinners at the store again last night. Many of them are very high in carbs (lots of Pasta and rice as the main ingredient). A couple were primarily meat and veggies or a small portion of pasta/mashed potatoes' date=' so they seem like a better option. My husband is an airline pilot so he's gone 3 nights/week. I HATE cooking so those nights the frozen dinners are a quick & easy option. 1/2 a frozen dinner seems about right as far as volume. Some are high in sodium. Honestly, that doesn't really bother me - I'm likely to add salt anyway......

I've also ordered a dry grilled chicken sandwich. Go home, toss the bun, portion the chicken into the 2 oz servings my surgeon recommends at this point (I'm 5 weeks post), add a veggie and I'm set.

For me, it HAS to be easy......[/quote']

I LOVE easy lol thats me too!

If you don't like cooking every night- I don't! I cook up a batch of something I can reheat all week. Portabello mushrooms became a favorite on my Pre-op diet! I make different stuffings or fillings each week, then they're my go-to for lunch or dinner. I find the largest ones, too. I then have a homemade meal within the constraints of my diet for 3-4 days without cooking (for mr, at least. I still have a hard working hubby and 2 teen daughters to feed!)

I am not so sure weight watcher meals are that for you, ignoring the obviously high sodium values. I lost 50 lbs once eating Thai noodle smart ones every night for a couple months with peas and the yummy brownie sundae ( alo weight watchers). Those sundaes were seriously awesome and only 110 calories.

I love Morningstar blackbean spicy burgers they are AMAZing! I don't tolerate meat! So they ate perfect! Has anyone cheated and ate any sweets?

The bomb with Heinz 57

I would love to see the chicken burrito recipe' date=' where is it posted? I am struggling with healthy recipes...

[/quote']

Its in the recipe thread under crock pot chicken burito. Im struggling in this area also. Nothing is satisfying to me

I would love to see the chicken burrito recipe, where is it posted? I am struggling with healthy recipes...

Its in the recipe thread under crock pot chicken burito. Im struggling in this area also. Nothing is satisfying to me

Check out Amazon.com or barnesandnoble.com - they have some excellent WLS cookbooks. Make sure to read the reviews - some looked good until I read the reviews.........