Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sunsett 1 yr later

Last Tuesday, the 26th, was my 1 year Anniversary..yay..DH and I were in St Thomas, what a way to celebrate! I brought me a beautiful ring for my anniversary present.

I thought I'd share a few thoughts.

Reflecting back on why I wanted the band.

I must say the main reason was my Grandmother she is 97 yrs old healthy still travels and feels good.

Fear of getting sick

Tired, Cranky, Back Pain, Knee Pain, over all feeling bad most of the time.

Fear of being smelly, that was a big one for me because of trouble bending and twisting.

AND NOW!

I can see my toes in the shower! I can NOT touch my toes but I never was able to even when I was 3!

I can get in and out of the car easier!

Turning in bed is easier, Getting out of bed is A LOT easier!

Sitting to long and getting uncomfortable because Of my BUTT bone!

I can wear a bathing suit and not feel like a whale.

I can breath in a size 14, for the most part...lol...

I hate the thought of a greasy burger from McD's now..Eww I just can't do it anymore and I used to LOVE THEM.

I can walk into a room and not be the biggest one there..

I can say to my self I look good so I don't need to really worry about which pants looks better on me.

My self confidence has never been so good.

On our cruise we went with 2 other couples. Both of the men are VERY skinny. It was decided before we met them that the 3 skinny butts would share a seat! To be called Skinny butt..wow, words can't describe.

To go on a moped and feel ok with my body..wow..

The blessings of my band friends another indescribable feeling.

I sing to myself and many times out loud..Look What The Lord Has Done..He saved me just in time..I give all the credit and Glory to him..

This past year with the friends I have made on here and my friends and family's support has been a true blessing. I had to have the band replaced and if I had to do it 5 more times I would do it in a heart beat.

Thank you all for being here for me.

Last Tuesday, the 26th, was my 1 year Anniversary..yay..DH and I were in St Thomas, what a way to celebrate! I brought me a beautiful ring for my anniversary present.

I thought I'd share a few thoughts.

Reflecting back on why I wanted the band.

I must say the main reason was my Grandmother she is 97 yrs old healthy still travels and feels good.

Fear of getting sick

Tired, Cranky, Back Pain, Knee Pain, over all feeling bad most of the time.

Fear of being smelly, that was a big one for me because of trouble bending and twisting.

AND NOW!

I can see my toes in the shower! I can NOT touch my toes but I never was able to even when I was 3!

I can get in and out of the car easier!

Turning in bed is easier, Getting out of bed is A LOT easier!

Sitting to long and getting uncomfortable because Of my BUTT bone!

I can wear a bathing suit and not feel like a whale.

I can breath in a size 14, for the most part...lol...

I hate the thought of a greasy burger from McD's now..Eww I just can't do it anymore and I used to LOVE THEM.

I can walk into a room and not be the biggest one there..

I can say to my self I look good so I don't need to really worry about which pants looks better on me.

My self confidence has never been so good.

On our cruise we went with 2 other couples. Both of the men are VERY skinny. It was decided before we met them that the 3 skinny butts would share a seat! To be called Skinny butt..wow, words can't describe.

To go on a moped and feel ok with my body..wow..

The blessings of my band friends another indescribable feeling.

I sing to myself and many times out loud..Look What The Lord Has Done..He saved me just in time..I give all the credit and Glory to him..

This past year with the friends I have made on here and my friends and family's support has been a true blessing. I had to have the band replaced and if I had to do it 5 more times I would do it in a heart beat.

Thank you all for being here for me.

Awesome! You brought tears to my eyes -- much less pain , turning over in bed, and the best of all -- "skinny butt!"

I'm as proud of you as if I hatched you myself! :whoo:

Thank you for taking the time to share the win. On my anniversary I want to be able to do the same.

Jo Ann

Congrats to you. I feel the same way. I feel like my band was a gift from god. When I first wanted it it was impossible because we could not afford payments or anything. Well when I called my Drs office and told them what insurance I had they told me they cover it. So without that I would not even have my band. I am one of the lucky ones when it comes to insurance. Now I am just enjoying the new me. And my husband is enjoying it to!

What a great story. Thanks for sharing and what tremendous new experiences you are having. I'm so glad you were able to Celebrate your anniversary with your DH and friends in a beautiful setting. It is a life altering experience having this band. I hope to post an equally uplifting story when I'm at a year.

Good luck to you and continued success.

What a heartfelt post! It's wonderful that you are taking the time to Celebrate your success! I too have the skinny butt-ouch!!

Congrats!!! Shawn

Thanks guys, now I have tears in my eyes!

And I have another...Walking into stores and looking at the Plus sizes, everytime I do I thank God for the gift and almost everytime tears fill my eyes..Then I enjoy the heck out of all my new choices!!

You guys that aren't there yet, you will be and I can't wait to hear about it!

Dianne, I just love *hearing* the joy in your post! You are the inspiration I was needing tonight.

Congratulations on a year well-spent.

Congratulations, Dianne! It's been quite a year, hasn't it?!!!!!

I know we give the glory to God, but I love to hear your joy in your newly gained freedom!

It's there, people....CLAIM IT!

You rock, Dianne!

Diane:

What a beautiful post. Thank you for reminding us that this band is a gift from God and we are in His hands. My Band was also a gift from a dear friend. We were banded on July 14th and she paid for both of our surgeries. I am truly blessed. Sometimes it's nice to be reminded. :grouphug:

Continued success to you.

That one got me girl! Not only your happy heart but the glimpse into the future that I needed to see so beautifully stated. Thank you... my band is only 10-11 hrs old. God always knows what we need to hear and I'm glad He had me "hear" you. Continued blessings and success to you!