Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All....so I am just curious if I will become completely bald before the Hair loss stops or is there hope that I will have a few hairs left?

My hair loss started at 2 months and I am now just past a week over 3 months. It is coming out in the handfuls!

It doesn't help that I also have scalp psoriasis and that also can cause hair loss when it flares up.

Anyway if anybody can let me know when their hair STOPPED falling out after surgery I would sure appreciate it.

I may be looking for a wig soon!

I'm not sure how long it lasts. Some I have heard was 3 - 4 weeks. I have a friend who is a beautician and she has suggested nioxin. She is a breast cancer survivor and used it when she lost her hair. She now has a healthy, thick head of hair....and she says it's curly now too, when it wasn't before. Also, make sure you are getting all your Protein. Hair needs protein and if you're not getting enough that will slow it's regrowth.

I'm almost 8 months out, and I've been having Hair loss for about the last 5 months, but it comes and goes in cycles. If I go for a prolonged period of time not meeting my Protein requirements, then a few weeks later, i notice gobs of it coming out, and the same goes when i seem to be "behaving." I notice little baby hairs along my hairline and my hair starts feeling thicker. It's falling out right now. :/ Think i'll go have a shake......

I asked my RD about the Hair loss problem. She said it usually starts around 2 months and continues to about 9 months. She also said it usually comes in cycles as long as you are having significant weight loss. I have found this to be true for me.

It started for me at 4 months and is steadily falling out at about 6 months out. For me, I can "protein load" and it makes no difference. We're seeing the effect of what happened months ago...that's the challenge. It is a delayed cause and effect. I've been taking silica, Biotin and increased my Protein to closer to 8 grams and I do see quite a bit of regowth. Again, it wont be instant...but it's your best shot at seeing regrowth and reduced loss months from now.

I have noticed it starting to come out in the 10th week (last week). My wife just made a comment this morning about the back of my head looks like a hack job and that there are lots of thinning places in front. It is strange because now I am not too happy about it, but before I was more relaxed about it. I guess it really hits home when it happens to you. I eat a ton of Protein and all required Vitamins so that's not it, but have not started the Biotin. Not sure I will because there are so many mixed reviews on the effectiveness. I will probably get a buzz cut or something ( never had one before as hair has been always thick).

Mine goes in waves and I'm at 4 months out. I also color my hair and I swim and have lupus so it does cause more issues for me.

I take Biotin daily and I get regular hair cuts to help with breakage. I expect it will get better in the next 2 months.

Thanks everybody. I also eat alot of Protein and all the right Vitamins and Biotin and use nioxin.....so it seems it is just inevitable for some....and perhaps most of us that lose a great dela of weight quickly. I have had significant Hair loss before in my life related to stress, psoriasis of the scalp and anemia and I know it all comes back eventually, but it doesn't stop me from feeling like I will be bald soon at the rate it is coming out!

I appreciate the feedback. I guess it could be anywhere from 2-6 more months of this! Yikes.

I guess bald and skinny could be my new look!

Garnier makes a new Shampoo and conditioner calles fall fight that has Biotin and a couple other things to help prevent hair loss i just bought some today to try and i take Biotin but i am only almost 2 weeks out so just trying to get a head start

Yolo

Mine goes in waves and I'm at 4 months out. I also color my hair and I swim and have lupus so it does cause more issues for me.

I take Biotin daily and I get regular hair cuts to help with breakage. I expect it will get better in the next 2 months.

I'm almost 5 1/2 months out and also have lupus. My Hair loss started about a month ago and take 6,000 mcg of Biotin daily

So scared of this, my hair is almost waist length and is one of my assets I have relied on to feel pretty. Praying I am only minimally affected. :/

Hi do you think Biotin taken by mouth makes you hungrier?