Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Crab Cake

Looking for a good crab cake recipe without all the filler

Yolo

I wld love to find one also. I will look on Pinterest.

Found this on the food network:

Ingredients

1 pound blue crabmeat1 tablespoon small diced red bell pepper

1 tablespoon small diced green bell pepper

1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves

1 tablespoon heavy Mayonnaise

2 eggs1 tablespoon baking powder

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

1 1/2 teaspoons Maryland-style crab seasoning (recommended: Old Bay)

2 tablespoons canola oilMustard Sauce, recipe follows

Directions

In a large bowl, mix all ingredients, except oil and Mustard Sauce until blended. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. With a tablespoon, carefully spoon poker-chip size mini-cakes into the pan. (The batter will be very loose since there are no bread crumbs, but once the egg in the mix starts to cook they will hold together fine.) Cook on 1 side until firm, about 2 minutes, and then flip and cook for about 1 more minute. Cook in batches as necessary. Serve hot with mustard sauce.

Mustard Sauce:

1/4 cup heavy mayonnaise

1/4 cup Dijon mustard

1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice

Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Yield: 3/4 cup

This one seems simpke

A pure, just crab, cake, held together with just a bit of egg and mayo

Minutes to Prepare: 5

Minutes to Cook: 7

Number of Servings: 8

Ingredients

Crab meat, canned, 16 oz

Egg, fresh, 1 large

Worcestershire Sauce, Lea & Perrins, 2 tsp

Tabasco Sauce, 1 tsp

Lime juice, 1 Tbsp

Pepper, red or cayenne, 1/4 tsp

Tarragon, 1 tsp

Mayo, Smart Balance Omega 3, light, 3 Tbsp

Directions

Mix egg, mayo and seasonings together. Gently stir in crab. Spray a foil covered cookie sheet with non stick spray, Scoop out 1/4 cup of the mix and dollop onto the cookie sheet. Broil for 7 minutes until browned on the high spots and egg has set.

This is for the second recipe:

Nutritional Info

Servings Per Recipe: 8

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 81.3

Total Fat: 2.7 g

Cholesterol: 101.8 mg

Sodium: 237.1 mg

Total Carbs: 1.4 g

Dietary Fiber: 0.0 g

Protein: 12.2 g

Awesome thank u

Yolo

Your welcome. Im always searching for new recipes.< /p>

I am a lifelong MD resident and we know our crabcakes. For a delicious, filler free crab cake, you should follow the recipe by Old Bay Seafood Seasoning.

2 slices white bread, crust removed

milk

1 tbsp mayonnaise

1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce

1 tbsp parsley flakes (optional)

1 egg. beaten

1 tsp Old Bay (seafood seasoning)

1 tbsp baking powder (optional)

1 lb crab meat

Break bread into small pieces in a medium size bowl. If you rub the bread, it will crumble nicely. Add just enough milk to moisten the bread crumbs. Add mayo, worcestershire sauce, egg, parsley and Old Bay to the bread. If you want to add the baking powder you can. It makes the cakes a little lighter. It won't make that much difference if you don't use it. Mix together. Add crab and mix gently, trying to not break up lumps. Shape into four patties and let sit for 30 minutes in the refrigerator to help keep them together. You can either saute the crab cakes in butter (what I used to do), bake them at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or broil them for about 5 minutes on each side. You just need to warm up the crab meat and brown the cake. These are without a doubt the best crab cakes. You can always add more Old Bay if you want. Some people use 1 tbsp or more for this size recipe.

Since my surgery, I usually make one large cake for my husband (1/4 of the mix) and then I make small or slider size ones for me. I can eat about one and a half, sometimes 2 at a meal. Enjoy!!!

Nutritional Info -- 4 servings

Per serving

Calories: 174

Fat: 6 g

Carbohydrates: 7 g

Cholesterol: 142 mg

Sodium: 1047 mg

Fiber: 0 g

Protein: 23 g

Old Bay makes a low sodium version which has almost no salt in the mix. It is quite tasty and I use it more than regular Old Bay.

Found this on the food network:

Ingredients

1 pound blue crabmeat1 tablespoon small diced red bell pepper

1 tablespoon small diced green bell pepper

1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves

1 tablespoon heavy Mayonnaise

2 eggs1 tablespoon baking powder

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

1 1/2 teaspoons Maryland-style crab seasoning (recommended: Old Bay)

2 tablespoons canola oilMustard Sauce' date=' recipe follows

Directions

In a large bowl, mix all ingredients, except oil and Mustard Sauce until blended. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. With a tablespoon, carefully spoon poker-chip size mini-cakes into the pan. (The batter will be very loose since there are no bread crumbs, but once the egg in the mix starts to cook they will hold together fine.) Cook on 1 side until firm, about 2 minutes, and then flip and cook for about 1 more minute. Cook in batches as necessary. Serve hot with mustard sauce.

Mustard Sauce:

1/4 cup heavy mayonnaise

1/4 cup Dijon mustard

1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice

Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Yield: 3/4 cup[/quote']

Im stealing this one! Great Recipe!

I am a lifelong MD resident and we know our crabcakes. For a delicious' date=' filler free crab cake, you should follow the recipe by Old Bay Seafood Seasoning.

2 slices white bread, crust removed

milk

1 tbsp Mayonnaise

1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce

1 tbsp parsley flakes (optional)

1 egg. beaten

1 tsp Old Bay (seafood seasoning)

1 tbsp baking powder (optional)

1 lb crab meat

Break bread into small pieces in a medium size bowl. If you rub the bread, it will crumble nicely. Add just enough milk to moisten the bread crumbs. Add mayo, worcestershire sauce, egg, parsley and Old Bay to the bread. If you want to add the baking powder you can. It makes the cakes a little lighter. It won't make that much difference if you don't use it. Mix together. Add crab and mix gently, trying to not break up lumps. Shape into four patties and let sit for 30 minutes in the refrigerator to help keep them together. You can either saute the crab cakes in butter (what I used to do), bake them at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or broil them for about 5 minutes on each side. You just need to warm up the crab meat and brown the cake. These are without a doubt the best crab cakes. You can always add more Old Bay if you want. Some people use 1 tbsp or more for this size recipe.

Since my surgery, I usually make one large cake for my husband (1/4 of the mix) and then I make small or slider size ones for me. I can eat about one and a half, sometimes 2 at a meal. Enjoy!!!

Nutritional Info -- 4 servings

Per serving

Calories: 174

Fat: 6 g

Carbohydrates: 7 g

Cholesterol: 142 mg

Sodium: 1047 mg

Fiber: 0 g

Protein: 23 g

Old Bay makes a low sodium version which has almost no salt in the mix. It is quite tasty and I use it more than regular Old Bay. [/quote']

I made crab cakes over the weekend ww live on the eastern shore of va so crabs r pretty much a staple here love them and was trying to see if i could make them without the bread crumbs and smaller to accommodate my new sleeve. I used a mini muffin pan, mix 1 egg 3 tbsp light Mayo 2 tbsp Dijon mustard 1 tsp lemon juice and old bay to your taste mix well and fold into 1lb of crab meat. Spray muffin pan then fill each one with about 1 tbsp of crab mixture bake on 375 for about 15 min or light golden on top let cool for about 5 min and loosen the edges with a knife and use a little spoon to pop out. I froze a couple of them to see if they will hold up if so would make great lunch i could only eat one still on moist stage thats why i want no breads yet ;)

Yolo

I made crab cakes over the weekend ww live on the eastern shore of va so crabs r pretty much a staple here love them and was trying to see if i could make them without the bread crumbs and smaller to accommodate my new sleeve. I used a mini muffin pan' date=' mix 1 egg 3 tbsp light mayo 2 tbsp Dijon mustard 1 tsp lemon juice and old bay to your taste mix well and fold into 1lb of crab meat. Spray muffin pan then fill each one with about 1 tbsp of crab mixture bake on 375 for about 15 min or light golden on top let cool for about 5 min and loosen the edges with a knife and use a little spoon to pop out. I froze a couple of them to see if they will hold up if so would make great lunch i could only eat one still on moist stage thats why i want no breads yet ;)

Yolo[/quote']

Sounds good.