Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My big day is Thursday 5 am and I feel like backing out. I want this so bad and have come so far. Just so afraid of the anesthesia and wondering if I will be able to keep Water Protein Drink down. So much going on in my mind. :(

I think a lot of people go through this. I on the other side was so darn happy I was having it done and kept thinking I wished I could have had this done so many years ago.

Just keep telling your self there is so many positive sides of having this done.

Good Luck!!!!!!

I feel the same way. I just rescheduled today for another date. This is hard I'm scared that there may be complications all types of things...

Sent from my SCH-R530U using VST

Me too, scared that is (even though I want it so badly!!!). For the last few days I have been following a thread that has me teetering 50/50 on if I should follow through with this or not. You should read it....or then again maybe you shouldn't read it given that you will be going under soon. Its called something like "My story, the one you don;t want to hear about but should" or something to that effect and it is by Iggychic

I think we all go through that feeling. I remember wanting a surgery date soooo bad and soon as possible, I remember when my surgeons office called to tell me I was approved, I was so happy, then she said you will be having surgery next week I felt my stomach just drop.

If you do believe in God, praying for the right choice would work. Best of luck. For what it's worth, the trauma of the surgery, the whole ordeal, only lasts a few days. So far my tastes haven't changed with surgery. I look at is like this: I'll get through this day and worry about the rest of the days later. I feel more peaceful like that.

If you do believe in God, praying for the right choice would work. Best of luck. For what it's worth, the trauma of the surgery, the whole ordeal, only lasts a few days. So far my tastes haven't changed with surgery. I look at is like this: I'll get through this day and worry about the rest of the days later. I feel more peaceful like that.

I have been praying about this daily and I don't feel like I have found the right answer, would you pray with me?

Nicci...I've seen a few of your posts and I can understand that this decision is not an easy one for you, especially after reading those stories where there have been major complications. It might be prudent to check the statistics so you can make a more informed decision, overall my understanding is that complications are rare.

I am a firm believer in prayer and guidance from God and by reading your post above, I know that you are too. For me, my prayer work regarding weight loss began in earnest last year. I got to the point where the weight became such burden to me that I prayed fervently for something to reveal itself to me that would help me change my life and cherish this body the Lord gave me. I was READY for change. Very soon after this, I found out my insurance covered WLS and I made an appt with my primary for my annual physical and to see if I might qualify for the lap band. After my physical, I brought the subject up and my primary was very supportive of this, and said with my BMI and high blood pressure and high cholesterol, I qualified to be enrolled in the bariatric program. I walked away that afternoon elated and thankful. I got a call soon thereafter from the program coordinator to attend the informational meeting and there with 60 other overweight patients, heard about lap-band, gastric bypass and VSG.I was overwhelmed with information, and somewhat excited and scared about moving forward, but inside me, I felt this push in the right direction. The 12 week mandatory classes were set to begin - nutritional guidance, behavioral support, etc....again I prayed...help me make the right decision for ME. That afternoon, I was driving behind a city bus...and low and behold, it was painted with an ad for VSG (which prior to the meeting I had never heard of)....and I knew the sign had revealed itself to me. I know it sounds strange, but I have always prayed for signs from God, and he has given them to me in astounding ways throughout my life. I made the decision after reading the pros and cons for my lifestyle and I wanted the most natural digestive process which is what the sleeve provides.

I finished the program in late December 2011 and had my VSG surgery in April, 6 months ago. I had no complications whatsoever, and I am happier than I have been in decades. I am also short like you are, and I know what it feels like to be as round and wide as you are tall, how shopping for clothes becomes a chore...and these days, I can honestly say that this has been a major turn around as to how I feel about my body. I am 57 years old, Nicci...and how I wish I had done this in my 30's as your body bounces back so much easier! I put myself at risk with my obesity - but I've turned it around, and thank the Lord, that this has revealed itself to me to be the right path for me. I try not to let fear be the barometer for my life...but at times it is right to be cautious. I have adult children and a grandson that I want to be here for, and with this healthier body, hopefully I will be.

Only you can decide...listen to your instincts...and let God reveal what is right for you.

Only the best....

Nicci, absolutely I'll pray with you.

Also you might consider Googling "sleeve mortality" to see some more opinions about the surgery. I saw a stat lastnight estimating 1 in 400 death rate. It's major surgery; old people and fat people are at higher risk in all surgeries. Plus, although most people love the sleeve and can't say enough good about it, some people (a few) have really bad outcomes and deeply regret getting the sleeve.

So, the issues are real. God will let you know somehow, someway whether or not you should proceed. And I am praying for you and want to know what you decide.

Also, I had second thoughts about the surgery, too, before I did it. Not that something bad would happen but that I was spending this precious money on me instead of other needed things for the family. I never got a clear go ahead on that one; but as it turns out, so far, it will be worth the investment because the whole family will benefit from my healthier choices in food purchasing, preparation, etc.