Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Only Protein Drink I Can Tolerate

Ok so I have tried powders even though famous nectar and other ready to drink Protein Shakes and I can not stand other the texture or taste of it. Today I had my husband pick up a couple of favors of the Isopure zero carb ready to drink drinks in the apple melon flavor and the icy orange. Now I have only tried the apple melon on but it's actually pretty good. It smells like apples and cantaloupe and taste like sour apple with a hint of cantaloupe. I hope I like the icy orange which I will try tomorrow.

I'm just the opposite. I enjoy the powders and a couple RTD brands, but I can't do the Isopure. Clears. After about 1/3 bottle I get s stringy white build up in the back of my throat. I have actually spit out physical strings of Protein. They feel like wet toilet paper stuck to the roof of my mouth!

Its funny how different we all are!

I love the GNC Wheybolic 60, it disentergrates into the soy milk and is awesome!

Unjury all flavors including the chicken Soup are great!

I love the GNC Wheybolic 60, it disentergrates into the soy milk and is awesome!

I totally agree. The GNC wheybolic 60 tastes good. I've used chocolate and vanilla. I do a frozen smoothie with ice cubes, milk, a little Water, and a powdered Vitamin supplement (also from GNC). One half serving of each gives me 30 grams if Protein, all my vitamins/minerals and FIBER!! And its not a huge amount of liquid, either. I have tried Syntrax Nectar also: while I LOVE the Cappuccino flavor, I do not like the crystal sky. I've also tried the BariWise fruit drink mix (lemonade flavor). Couldn't even chug that stuff..it was really awful.The BariWise cappuccino flavors, on the other hand, are very tasty. I prefer the original cappucino flavor.I have not tried Isopure yet, but um leaning towards the unflavored powder to mix into Soups, shakes, mashed potatoes, etc... for post op and pureed stages.

I stopped at GNC yesterday after being moved to full liquids, and the Wheybolic 60 is what the sales guy recommended. I liked the vanilla and chocolate!

On the Amp wheybolic front, GNC has BOGO deals a LOT. I got talked into their little vip club thing...you save a good chunk of cash the first week of the month, and still get the bogo...so far, the chocolate is my fave. Not overwhelmingly chocolaty...and with ice cubes blended in, I get extra water! Who knows what my tastebuds will have to say post-op, but so far, this one seems to be my fave Protein.< /p>

unjury all flavors including the chicken Soup are great!

I also ordered the Unjury starter pack, since it seems like unjury is the gold standard of bariatric/medical Proteins.

I know all this stuff is pricey, but since I won't be spending any cash on food for a while, I dont feel too broken up about it...

If you are at the point that you can have Protein smoothies, I've tried so many different kinds. In the morning I make a smoothie with Smoothie King strawberry flavored Gladiator powder (2 scoops), a couple of strawberries and 1/2 banana, along with just a little Water and some ice. Then in the evening, I put about 4 oz. of water in a cup and mix in a scoop of Isopure Alpine Punch. Then I add a little bit of Diet V8 Splash berry Blend. Makes it so much easier to drink.

If you are at the point that you can have Protein smoothies' date=' I've tried so many different kinds. In the morning I make a smoothie with Smoothie King strawberry flavored Gladiator powder (2 scoops), a couple of strawberries and 1/2 banana, along with just a little Water and some ice. Then in the evening, I put about 4 oz. of Water in a cup and mix in a scoop of Isopure Alpine Punch. Then I add a little bit of Diet V8 Splash berry Blend. Makes it so much easier to drink.[/quote']

Louisiana Girl, where do you live in Louisiana. I live in Lake Charles, La. Dr. Chung did my surgery. I'll have to stop at Smoothie King and check out their Protein powders. Your Protein shakes sound Delish!

Where do you buy the unjury Protein powder mix?

You can buy Unjury products from their website: unjury.com

They have a starter pack with 2 of every flavor, and a little rubbermade container for liquids. I've heard really great stuff about them...i should be receiving my order soon, and I will post my reviews of the things I got to try.

@Mermaid Girl - I live in Bedico, between Madisonville and Ponchatoula. Dr. Thomas Lavin did my surgery. I tried a number of means to get in my Protein. There are products from my Bariatric clinic called MyWeight products, and in the beginning of my post surgery when I couldn't have bananas and strawberries, I used them. A bit pricey, but it was worth it for me. I loved the Wild Berry fruit Drink (15 gr protein. There are other flavors too, but I liked the Wild Berry the best. I also drank their Vanilla Capuccino (15 gr protein). I also drank Smoothie King strawberry Gladiator powder and GNC Isopure Alpine Punch powder mixed with Water. Initially, I only used one scoop of the Gladiator powder. Then, when I could have strawberries and bananas (day 15 post surgery), I started adding those to my smoothie and loved it. Seven months out and I still have the Gladiator smoothie (2 scoops = 45 gr protein) with 1/2 banana and about 4 frozen strawberries every morning and drink the Isopure Alpine Punch (1 scoop = 25 gr protein) mixed with Diet V8 Splash Berry Blend every evening. Combined, that's 70 gr protein total by supplements. I could never eat enough to get that much protein in.

I am still a few week outs from my surgery date, but in preperation of post-op I've been ordering and trying different types of Protein supplements and Vitamin chewables to see what I'm liking. So far, I've ordered the Syntax nectar sample pack and I have to say I'm quite liking the flavors so far. I've tried the Lemonade, Strawberry-Kiwi (not really a fave but drinkable) and the Lemon Tea. So this makes me hopeful that I'll be okay getting in my Protein since this stuff is just like a "juice" type consistancy.

I've also ordered the unjury sample pack and it just arrived yesterday. I haven't tried anything yet, but I'm thinking the Soup pack will be a nice addition to the clear Proteins as it will add something warm.

I also ordered the Celebrations Bariatric Vitamins sample pack, and so far the Multi-Complete Forest Berry & Orange flavors are pretty good. The Iron+C 60mg in Berry is really good too. The B-12 sublingual in Cherry is decent. I also tried the Calcet Creamy Bite in Lemon Cream and that was pretty YUMMY! The Calcium PLUS 500 in Cherry Tart is pretty good too!

I've heard that after the surgery, that sometimes our taste buds change. So all this testing and samping was maybe for nothing... but at least I kind of know where to start with my Post-Op supplements.< /p>

@Mermaid Girl - I live in Bedico' date=' between Madisonville and Ponchatoula. Dr. Thomas Lavin did my surgery. I tried a number of means to get in my Protein. There are products from my Bariatric clinic called MyWeight products, and in the beginning of my post surgery when I couldn't have bananas and strawberries, I used them. A bit pricey, but it was worth it for me. I loved the Wild Berry fruit Drink (15 gr Protein. There are other flavors too, but I liked the Wild Berry the best. I also drank their Vanilla Capuccino (15 gr protein). I also drank Smoothie King strawberry Gladiator powder and GNC Isopure Alpine Punch powder mixed with Water. Initially, I only used one scoop of the Gladiator powder. Then, when I could have strawberries and bananas (day 15 post surgery), I started adding those to my smoothie and loved it. Seven months out and I still have the Gladiator smoothie (2 scoops = 45 gr protein) with 1/2 banana and about 4 frozen strawberries every morning and drink the Isopure Alpine Punch (1 scoop = 25 gr protein) mixed with Diet V8 Splash Berry Blend every evening. Combined, that's 70 gr protein total by supplements. I could never eat enough to get that much protein in.[/quote']

Louisiana Girl, I stopped by Smoothie King today. I bought the Gladiator strawberry powder mix. I also tried a gladiator Smoothie w/ blueberries & strawberries. It was so good. I've already bought the Isopure chocolate powder from GNC. I haven't tried it yet. I would like to get the Isopure Alpine Punch from GNC. Do you use ice (blended in blender) in your Gladiator Smoothie in the morning?