Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My doctor had me on Clear Liquids until I left the hospital. Then full liquids for seven days "starting date from surgery ". I am to start mushy blender foods Wednesday. I'm afraid to try anything kind of worried I'm going to get sick or hurting myself. I know my doctor knows best and I follow his plan but that doesn't make me worry any less lol.

Can anybody give me any input on the first thing they ate?

My doctor said anything that easily flows through a strainer is ok to have for the first 21 days... start with 1oz of liquid every 15 minutes. Also, be careful of drinks you make in a blender because they have a lot of air and might cause discomfort. Protein Shakes are a must because Protein helps the healing process. :)

I know how you feel. as advice. try to do your mushy more liquid. I couldn't hand the mushy on 3rd week I need to add more liquid to make it more soupy look and then I was able to eat it.

my first one was oatmeal you can try cream of wheat.

Cream of wheat was part of my full liquid stage. I seem to handle it very well. I haven't been very hungry" mostly head Hunger" I have tolerated the fool if it stays very well.

try blended Beans. I like canned tuna.< /p>

My first blended food was actually applesauce, followed by egg salad (which became my favorite), and fat free refried Beans. After the first week, I got braver, and started adding things like mild salsa and a sprinkle of low fat cheese to my Beans, and did tuna and chicken salad blended.

Just take baby steps. I went as far as getting small bowls and baby spoons to use those weeks, to help me take small bites and remind me to eat slow. I also tried to do other things while eating like read a magazine, so I would take a bite, chew, and swallow all while reading and it made me eat slower.

My first blended food was actually applesauce' date=' followed by egg salad (which became my favorite), and fat free refried Beans. After the first week, I got braver, and started adding things like mild salsa and a sprinkle of low fat cheese to my Beans, and did tuna and chicken salad blended.

Just take baby steps. I went as far as getting small bowls and baby spoons to use those weeks, to help me take small bites and remind me to eat slow. I also tried to do other things while eating like read a magazine, so I would take a bite, chew, and swallow all while reading and it made me eat slower.[/quote']

Ty :)

Yoplait Greek 100 calorie yogurt with less than 15 grams sugar is a good one. I like lime and cherry best...but the cherries are not to be eaten...I spit them out, or pick them out.

I was told that you can have any Protein, really, as long as it is moist, and chewed down to nothing. I started with an egg cooked in a little butter--that's how I like it. Then, tuna fish with olive oil may. Tuna goes into my sleeve with no problems, and tastes good...but I still don't feel like eating. I have had chicken breast, and Healthy Ones smoked turkey breast, and a little bit of ham, too. Tonight, I'm going to try taco meat. As long as you chew it down to bits...as if it came from a blender, you'll be fine.

Some people can have cream of wheat, I read, but I am not allowed that because it's a starch....I wouldn't recommend it, either, because it swells and can hurt your stomach. You need the Protein.< /p>

Ty :)

You're welcome. And I also forgot the other great first week mushie food, Greek Yogurt! Its smooth, easy to swallow, and has a high protien count. :)

1oz of liquid every 15 minutes.

Sounds like a party I once went to! :P

Isn't this what the NUT requirements are for? To teach you what to eat after the surgery?? My first appointment with NUT is this afternoon, so I'm just spitballing here...

Isn't this what the NUT requirements are for? To teach you what to eat after the surgery?? My first appointment with NUT is this afternoon' date=' so I'm just spitballing here...[/quote']

She had food suggestions not a lot of them so kind of why I was ask what others had :) I know how many oz of thing just a small list of things . She said anything I can mush with a fork lol now mind you I could mush a lot stuff with a fork lol. So just wondering what others went for ;)

You need to feel out your tummy slowly - may I suggest some canned roast beef like what you use as sandwich spread? or a salmon paste, or liver pate? If you are eager to eat, which is understandable it is a big step, consider a bisque of boiled lobster, with no thickeners other than veggies...boil the lobster, drain, cook the veggies (carrot, turnip, blue potaoes, some even like apples) in about 2 cups of the lobster Water, reduce a bit, just a little heavy cream, maybe some collagean or Gelatin, and puree it all very well...then season to taste and you can even add Unjury unflavored once it has cooled down past 130 degrees. When I was having some serious issues (no leaks but inflammation and crying and such tossing my tummy aroung horribly - reference my profile) this was like mana from the gods!

Cottage cheese is a great way to start. If you are on pureed foods make sure you puree them in a mini food processor. Chewing is not the same and you run the risk of having a larger chunk go down. Please puree your food. You can also add many foods with your cottage cheese and it is a great source of Protein.< /p>