Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 Weeks Post-Op... Would I Be Ready For A Cruise Vacation?

Hello all... I am being sleeved October 23, my original date was today but had to postpone on Thursday due to very low Iron. My doctor has me scheduled me for 2 iron transfusions, hope it works fast enough!!! I want to plan a Cruise leaving December 23, which would make me 8 weeks post-op. I was wondering how others at 8 weeks feel, if you think you would be up to a week long cruise. What are your thoughts?

I feel great, have not had any complications! I'm Sri you will be fine as long as u don't have any complications of any sort (which I'm sure u won't) good luck on the surgery.

Sn: I traveled cross country at 4 weeks out

I went on a cruise at 9 weeks post op and had a fabulous time. It was a 7 day cruise to the caribbean and by the time it was time to go on the cruise, I was down almost 50lbs, so I had to go buy new clothes for the cruise because nothing I had fit. I was already eating regular food so that wasn't a big deal and they have just about anything you want and you can find healthy options. I was the only one in our group of 4 that lost weight while on the cruise. Everyone else I was with gained about 20lbs. Just make sure to have Water with you where you go to stay hydrated. Good luck to you and hope you have a fabulous time on your cruise.

Thanks for your help. Now just have to convince my hubby!

I'm 4 weeks post op and feel cruise ready-- your advantage would be better choice of foods as I'm still liquid and mushies right now.

Go for it, sounds fun! I'm in a similar situation. I'll be sleeved on 10/31 and am leaving for the UK on 12/22. Tickets were bought in February, so there's no going back. Just hoping I feel pretty good by 7.5 weeks post-op.