Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm having my operation on the 10th of October I'm terrified. I saw on YouTube that some people have a pump or something from their tummy. I was wondering do we all get that? I guess I'm more scared about the pain but I think I can deal.

Depends on your surgeon if you will have a drain, mine did not give me one. I was so terrified about the surgery. I was such a pessimist and had thoughts that everything would go wrong possibly ending in death but my surgery was unbelievable! I had bad pain for the first 2 hrs and then after that the pain meds made the pain totally bearable. I tried to be super positive after surgery with a can do attitude and it really helped. I got home yesterday and Ive been doing great. Constantly drinking, lotsof walking and lots of visualizing. It has helped so much. I wish you a calm mind and a quick recovery! My thoughts are with you!

I'm scheduled for the 4th and I'm a bundle of nerves. Hang in there!

The both of you are going to do awesome. It is a natural reaction to be scared, worried, fearful and tons of other emotions that you may hit before the day arises. Just remember to breath and exhale slowly. As far as the pump or drain, it depends on your doctor. Some doctors use them, some don't. My surgery was without a drain, 5 tiny incisions and zero pain. Don't feel bad or anything if you feel pain as Everyone will experience different levels or degrees of pain or discomfort. Just remember its only a short road of recovery and is so worth it in the long run. I wish you all the best in your journey and much success.

57 hours to my surgery. Getting antsy, cant sleep. Lost 20 pounds in 3 weeks preop. What if i can just do it on my own. What of this tome I can keep it off. Doubting my decision to have it done. Very stressed

57 hours to my surgery. Getting antsy' date=' cant sleep. Lost 20 pounds in 3 weeks preop. What if i can just do it on my own. What of this tome I can keep it off. Doubting my decision to have it done. Very stressed[/quote']

I'm sure that everyone has these feelings. I'm 17 days away and have these thoughts everyday....

57 hours to my surgery. Getting antsy, cant sleep. Lost 20 pounds in 3 weeks preop. What if i can just do it on my own. What of this tome I can keep it off. Doubting my decision to have it done. Very stressed

Your feelings are completely natural. I went through the same emotions. I was on liquids for 18 days. After I seen the weight start coming off I asked hubby if I could do this on my own-even though I knew it would not last. I chalked it up to fear of subconsciously being scared of the what if's. I was so worried and so sure that this surgery would fail me, and I just didn't want to see failure again.

As far as the sleep, that happens to allot of us. I didn't sleep well for a few months. From the time I made up my decision, to the time I sat down and told my hubby what I wanted, sleep seemed to become sporadic. Once I had a date, I pretty much kissed sleep good-bye. I didn't worry so much, since I caught up on sleep after my surgery. The first few days was great, but then your body grows worn out so to speak. Your limited at first what you can have, in my instance a week of clears only. So I found my energy levels being non-existent after noon and a nap was much needed.

Remember to keep your head high, and only you can decide what is best for yourself. But if you have come this far, don't let fear or stress turn you away. Everything gets better and greater once on the other side.

57 hours to my surgery. Getting antsy' date=' cant sleep. Lost 20 pounds in 3 weeks preop. What if i can just do it on my own. What of this tome I can keep it off. Doubting my decision to have it done. Very stressed[/quote']

Doubts are very normal at this point. I also asked myself those same questions. But I knew the answer. As soon as I started back on food I would have gained every lb back and more probably. I even had complications and ended up having to have an open surgery and now have a beautiful scar from my breastbone to just below my belly button and had to stay in hospital a whole week but it was still worth everything and is do all again!! I am 12 weeks post op and down 51 lbs and I feel amazing!!! Hang in there and don't let your fear rule your decision! It is soo worth it!!