Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 Weeks Post-Op...tired!

I was 4 weeks post-op just yesterday. I am on a puree diet still. Just this past week, I am so tired! I've also had bouts of nausea as well - even with just drinking Water. Nothing ever comes up - just a feeling.

Is this normal for this stage? I know I'm still healing and will be feeling different things at different times - but I hate the tiredness!

I am taking my Vitamins, B12, Calcium and the complete. I am also on the protonix for the acid.

Any advice?

I figured I'd get through the weekend and call the surgeon next week if I was still tired. I juat don't like to think I'm overreacting.

They moved me out to pureed at two weeks because I cannot stomach any of the Protein out there... so I have to get mine through food... I cheated, of course, yesterday and had some meat (well chewed) and I have to admit that this is the best I have felt since I started this journey.... I think most peoples lack of energy is lack of protein and liquids...

I am 17 days sleeved and the past two days I have been so tired too, wondering if it is normal or not as well. Feel like I could go get back in my warm bed (it is cold and gloomy here so that may have something to do with it).

Before we know it , we will be bouncing around like energizer bunnies! Hope yours and my energy level increases soon. Have a super day!

(By the way, I have not started my puree diet yet, still one more week on full liquids. I will be so happy to be on the purees!)

KellyQ, since we are so close in Sleeve time, I was wondering how much water/fluids you are consuming per day. When asked, my dr said I should just watch the color of my urine to ensure that I am drinking enough. I am a very organized person and would prefer to be told how much to drink. Right now it isnt a problem because I am on a liquid diet but just wondering how much someone at this point has been told to drink.

Thanks!

I was told at this stage, to have 3 puree meals a day (2-3 oz), 3 Protein shakes a day (4 oz each) and then 64 oz Fluid.

I get the meals in and the Protein (which is starting to make me gag!), and about 50 oz of Water. I assume the shakes and stuff add into that 64 oz - but I'm not completely sure. I just know I haven't been dehydrated yet.

After this weekend, I can move to "soft foods" adding in ground meats! YEAH!

Ok Girls~ Hopefully this will help...my routine is as follows: (i work full time) 6:30am B-12 sublingual & Multivitamin 7:00am Pure Protein Shake blended with ice & half banana (delicious) 7:30-8:00am 8oz Water 9:00am applesauce or yogurt & other half banana 10:00am 8oz water 11:00am soft scrambled egg or purée of some sort 11:30-12 8 oz water & so on etc throughout my day. The Pure Protein Shakes I get at Walmart, taste good - vanilla I have to jazz up a bit. I'm averaging about 48-56 iz of fluids. The nausea could either be from dehydration or an allergy to dairy, try some lactaid before you drink your Protein. Being tired is from not getting enough protein & not enough fluids. Once I started taking the lactaid & increasing my fluids I felt a lot better.

I am 5 weeks put and dealing with the same. I find eating goes fine, but I'm not getting in the fluids. I've tried adding other things to drink, but Crystal Light makes me sick and I don't tolerate sweet or chemicalish stuff well.

I had the gastric sleeve on September 14th 2012. I tend to be ok when I'm at home, but when I go to work I am absolutely exhasuted. I'm a nurse and I'm on my feet all day long. I find it miserable at times and I just have to go sit down because I feel so weak. I can only eat about 2oz at a time, Water gives me awful heartburn and I am unable to drink Protein shakes without throwing up from the taste. I'm trying to stay hydrated at best as possible. I'm taking a multi-Vitamin, max strength pepcid, d3 2,000 iu and 5,000 mcg of B12. I don't get hungry so I have to force myself to eat throughout the day and I stay thirsty!!

ugh.. I just wish I could pop open an ice cold bottle of Water and chug the whole thing to quench my thirst. I'm down 32lbs so far and I'm thankful. It's just hard adjusting to.

I was sleeved 14 days ago tomorrow. I started work this week. Today, I am feeling really tired. I drink the 42g Protein Myoplex along w 32 oz Water. Doc wants me to drink 64 oz water but it takes all day to get in what I can...seems some days r better than others.

I had the gastric sleeve on September 14th 2012. I tend to be ok when I'm at home' date=' but when I go to work I am absolutely exhasuted. I'm a nurse and I'm on my feet all day long. I find it miserable at times and I just have to go sit down because I feel so weak. I can only eat about 2oz at a time, Water gives me awful heartburn and I am unable to drink Protein shakes without throwing up from the taste. I'm trying to stay hydrated at best as possible. I'm taking a multi-Vitamin, max strength pepcid, d3 2,000 iu and 5,000 mcg of B12. I don't get hungry so I have to force myself to eat throughout the day and I stay thirsty!!

ugh.. I just wish I could pop open an ice cold bottle of Water and chug the whole thing to quench my thirst. I'm down 32lbs so far and I'm thankful. It's just hard adjusting to. [/quote']

I think you went back to work too early..

I'm a nurse, and I went back to my weekend night job at 3 weeks and my week job at 4 weeks. Because I work 65 hours a week, I make sure to get in all of my Protein and fluids and I go to the gym 4-5 days/week. If I don't do those things, I'm almost flat on my *ss at work. I'm a very busy single parent, and there's just not enough time in the day for me to be dragging. Try to get in as much as possible, and as tired as you are, walk around the block. I think it takes time, and when your body is ready, it's just ready. Good Luck!

I am a nurse also. I had the sleeve on September 11th. I still have not gone back to work yet. I am taking at least two more weeks off. There is no rest for us nurses at work..perhaps you need a little more time off!

Nurses really do need more time, Imo. I am not one but my mother is. You all have to hit the ground running when you work. I am glad your able to get your fluids and Protein in. With the schedule and workload most nurses have, that must be a challenge.

If you need more time, you should take it. I find that nurses spend so much time taking care of others and push themselves too hard, sometimes. Nurses, of all, deserve a little TLC when they need it too.

Hope it all gets better for you real soon. :)

I am an ER nurse and was sleeved on 9/17 so 3 weeks out. I have not returned to work and frankly I am scared to. No one at work knows that I had the surgery. I am still so weak and shaky and the thought of a 12 hour shift practically puts me into an anxiety attack. Luckily I am PRN but I think they are still wondering when the heck I am going to return. I just want to feel back to my normal, happy self and it is not happening fast enough for ol' instant gratification me. Sigh.