Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Darcy - June 30th is coming soon!!

I'm going to be a shopping fool on Tuesday... figuring that will be a great way to get rid of nervous energy! Thanks for all of the advice... Lisa... I hadn't thought about clothing for more than immediately post-op... big T-shirts and sweat pants here I come! I already have the liquid tylenol and the chewable Vitamins but literally do not have ANYTHING for the post-op diet! Just call me Last minute Linda. :D

I think I'm past the banana dancing... perhaps it's a calm like whithin the eye of a hurricane???? Now that I am off of the excited high... feel exhausted! *yawn* I think I will go nighty night!

Thanks so much you guys... ((((hugs))))

Darcy

Gross Darcy, the irony of my weight loss is that I can now fit into some of my zip up jeans... but I still can't wear them because my port incision still hasn't healed. Nothing zip up! Loose, baggy pants. Huge t-shirts and panties around the house! I was even wearing big t-shirts with spandex biker shorts in a size 4x with plenty of room, but that even felt too restricting. Granny panties, baby!

HEHEHEHE... maybe I'll have my hubby pick those up for me;)

This is starting to resemble a parenting board, with all the big send-offs as someone goes into labor. :D Believe me, the preparation is not quite the same.

I didn't really do any bit preparedness bit. I was able to drive on the second day so shopping was no problem. Soups were a big thing, since I was on full liquids from the third or fourth day out.

If anything needs managing it's figuring out how you're going to rest during recovery. That can be so hard for some people, especially parents of small children and people with needy spouses--you know, the kind who can't cook, feed, or dress themselves? :D

Take it easy, Gross Darcy, and we'll see you here in Bandland soon!!

Alex, you must have had an easy time after surgery. Running around in the car? ICK. I was a mess. Then again, I was driven by a crazy Mexican taxi driver to the San Diego aiport, where I sat for a couple hours. Then the flight home, the airport. By the next day I didn't want to do anything. I moved around and walked up and down the street, but if it weren't for my husband running to the store, I'd have dehydrated. Some just do better than others, I suppose. I could have been way more prepared.

I pretty much hibernated on the couch when I got home. I had a taxi take me to the San Diego train station about 2 hours too early and had to sit there till it was time to board. Then the 3.5 hour train ride which really wasn't all that bad. I was just tired and sore. My sweetie met me at the Van Nuys stop and then home. Where I immediately fell asleep till the next morning. I did not do a whole lot that first few days. I did try to walk around the block but that was way too much exercise for me right then. I just took it easy and played up the "fix me some Soup, bring me some Water, rub my feet, help me take a shower, etc" cards. LOL!!! I have a really really GREAT sweetie. He pampered me the whole time.

Darcy, you will do wonderfully. I am still so excited for you.

Hmmm...I think you need a crazy Vizsla to get you back to feeling good...LOL...

I'm sure you will do just fine...I'm so excited for you!

So, Gross Darcy, are ya gonna ask the doctor to perform your surgery under a local so you can watch the grossness?

I flew in and out of Monterrey Mexico...by my self, kids at home.

It's like they've done it a thousand times ...

. nothing to be scared of.

Darcy We're all thinking "bout YOU"

This band has changed my life, and it will change your life too.

The best to you.

Walk alot!!!!!!:banana

Thanks Nicci:D

Hmmmm... Miss Alex....if this turns out ANYTHING like childbirth... when I start saying.... "I change my mind... I can wait another month"... they'll probably let me! :D I am lucky that my daughter is at her Dad's until next Monday and I have a VERY capable hubby! I had the needy...whining... selfish... helpless type the first time around... I got smarter an picked a good one 2nd time around!

Lisa... I am hoping for the best... and counting on the worst...lol. I wouls be tickled if I was one of those people that felt like hitting the mall the next day but I am definitely not counting on it! The only thing I AM wanting for sure is to come home the same day... wild horses couldn't stop me! And hmmmmm.... nope... I only like seeing OTHER people's blood and guts....hehehehehe... so I am all for being knocked out!

Penni... Sounds like you picked a great guy the second time around as well! Isn't it awesome to have a fella you can count on when times are tough???? Thanks so much for all of your supportive words... dang... I sure hope I can work with this band as well as all of you have!

Jen... Ummmmm can you say... "She already has 2 dogs and 3 cats"?????? All of said animals are crazy in some way! At least I don't have FOUR birds though!:D You just keep your sweet LiL crazy pup... he'd have a nervous breakdown in this house!:D I hope you're right... part of me is scared to death that I am going to find out I'm a big wuss baby! I guess there's only one way to find out!

Vera... Thanks... I am lucky that I don't have a houseful of kids to come home to... other than the pups and the kitties! I will ask Nicci if Angel duties include being my personal attendant and slave???? :D Dang... if it weren't for her I'd be running around nekked... the world is a better place when I have clothing ON and none of my clothes fit anymore...

New Hope... Today is laundry day! I hate doing laundry but it will be fun thinking that some of the clothes can be tossed into the garbage can the next time around!

Thanks again y'all

BTW... I am TOTALLY calm today... that just doesn't seem right...lol.

Gross Darcy

I'm a total freak today... I washed windows... dusted... laundry... vacuumed... sorted... cleaned things that nobody will ever in their lifetime see... COMPLETELY out of character for me. My husband got home and looked at me like I needed a priest!

I'm now drinking a glass of wine and hope that isn't a problem because I was a total manic mess! It doesn't help that I haven't had a cigarette since Thursday... ANyhoo... the good news is that my house is sparkling and I am exhausted!

I wish I could take y'all with me!

Darcy

Darcy, Darcy, Darcy!!!!

This time TOMORROW you will be BANDED!!!

Whooo Hoooo!!!!!

Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Darcy, there's nothing to say except GOOD LUCK!! We're all thinking of you (as you can tell) and can't wait to hear you're all done.

Take it easy, and we'll keep your place warm for you!! :(:D :D