Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Darcy - June 30th is coming soon!!

Darcy: I am all a twitter in excitement for you with the surgery date fast approaching. How are you doing with anxiety, excitement, frustration, etc etc? I was so anxious and like I was on some really good drug HIGH prior to the surgery that I did not come down till I woke up in recovery room. I had a HUGE smile on my face the entire day of surgery. I ran to the OR when they were ready for me with my hospital gown flapping in the wind and mooning everyone in sight. I jumped on the table and pulled up my gown and had put an X where I wanted the band placed. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will be in my thoughts and prayers this coming week.

Don't forget to take before and after pics. Up close, side view and back side. You will be amazed at the transformation. I am beginning to see my body change now.

I am two months post op and still have restriction and haven't had a fill as yet. If it is working why get a fill? LOL!!!

Lost 39.5 lbs and 23 inches to date. HOORAY!!!

Love ya

Hi Penni,

Teresa here. I believe your are the Penni that is walking with my dear friend Pamie. Glad to hear it worked out for you both. I am like you in regards to the first fill. I am 6 and 1/2 weeks out and don't think I need a fill either. I'm still losing very well and am just going to wait a bit. I'm down 32 lbs. Best wishes, Teresa

Darcy, I was thinking about your surgery today, and had to look again to see when it was.

Just a few more days!!!! Whoo hooo!!! We're thinking of you!!!

:D

Teresa: Yes that is the same Penni walking with Pam. We are having a ball. We walk, TALK, go to Coco's share a Breakfast of omelette and fruit, TALK, TALK some more, drink our Water, TALK, and oh yeah TALK. Well you get the picture! :D :D :D

Thanks Ladies!!!! I am FREAKING OUT!!!! LOL! The thing that is bothering me most is the thought that I will be buck nekked with my belly fat flapping in the breeze for all to see.:D I have spent my ENTIRE life concealing my stomach fat and NOW... a whole room full of people are gonna see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *deep breath* Can you believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am almost there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on Wednesday.. Momma's got a WHOLE closet full of clothes that don't fit!!!!! I'm excited... scared... happy... and nervous all at the same time! :nervous I'll be VERY glad to have it over with... I've been sitting on the sidelines long enough... It's my turn.. It's my turn!!!! YAY!!!!! :banana Thanks again to everyone.... I love this site!

Darcy

Your excitement is just jumping off this board and instilling itself into me.

Shhh you won't care that your belly is flapping. You will be asleep. LOL!!

:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

Thanks Penni... I am very hopeful and with all of the info and support here... how could I fail??? I'm head strong if nothing else and plan on doing everything within my power to make this a success!

Somebody is definitely going to have to knock me in the head to get me to sleep the night before surgery... any takers????:D

Darcy, you'll be amazed how fast the time goes. It's sooner than you think!!

Try to relax...think of your blood pressure. Stay cool, bandster-to-be!

Somebody is definitely going to have to knock me in the head to get me to sleep the night before surgery... any takers????

Hang on a min!

ARGH!!!!!!!!!

OK Lola here. I am waiting on Towanda and Delarla to come and help you with that problem. HEE HEE HEE (rubbing her hands together in anticipation).

Darcy, I felt the same way you do. But remember the doctor and his team do this for a living. We aren't the first naked "plump" lady they've seen and we certainly won't be the last. Have you made your stock-up grocery run yet? (The extra toilet paper, pet food, liquids for you, etc., etc.) You'll be surprised how fast the next few days will fly by. Oh, and washing some of your clothes for the LAST time (because you'll never wear them again!!) ! I loved that part!

Hey you crazy nut! I'm thinking of you...can't wait until your banded...you'll be so happy! Don't stress...everything will go fine and you'll be back for the EAA convention in no time...LOL...love you!

T A W A N D A!!!!!!! Gross Darcy, I adore you and can't wait for you to jump on the band wagon! Yipee skippeeee! You'll be able to sleep because you'll be exhausted from all the things that need to get done before you leave. Girls, let's give her a list:

1. Buy heating pad (trust me, mine was my savior)

2. Take pictures - naked ones

3. Journal all your pre-band feelings about your body, mind, and soul to comare to your thoughts down the road.

4. Clean & organize your house because you won't feel like doing it for a couple weeks after.

5. Get your meds in order & have everything on hand that you may possibly need: liquid tylenol, Gas X, chewable or liquid Vitamins

6. Buy lots of liquids & Protein powders.

7. Call your cell phone company and make sure you'll have service if you're going to Mexico

8. Make sure you have lots of comfy stretchy-waist sweats and pants (anything with a waistband made me miserable for a month)

9. Hoogland?

10. New Hope?

11. Penny? (thanks for the laugh, by the way!)

12. Alex?

13. Teresa?

14. Donali?

Soups, all kinds that don't have Pasta or rice in it. I like the organic Soup you get from Trader Joe's.

Gatorade - makes for a great alternative to Water

I had hot tea every night before bed.

Might want to invest in some bandages just in case you start to leak like almost everyone else has. LOL!!!!! In Lisa's case get some KOTEX. LOL!!! Love ya wink wink!

I know I am forgetting something.