Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi I Am New To This Site, Sleeved June, 27,2012

Hi all, I was sleeved in June it will be my three month anniversary tomorrow, I was sleeved in puerto Vallarta by dr joya! My starting weight 317, surgery day 300 and today's weight 262! I live in Canada, had some bumps in the road two hematomas in my surgery sites, and blood clot in my leg.

I was wondering what I need to do to amp up my weightlossforever as I have been stuck at this weight for almost a month! I feel like I am going to be the exception and fail this horribly! I have been doing some excercising, I wasn't really sent home with a diet plan, I eat mainly meat and some veggies and fruit when I can get it in! I asp have noticed I have a hard time getting in my fluids! I have a great dr in Canada that is now setting me up with a dietician and way to cope this as I am at a loss!

I know this sounds weird but I need advice any advice and some words of wisdom as to help me reach my goal of 150lbs or less!

Thanks so much!

Keep reading on this site. I have not had my surgery yet but came to site to learn more. It is wonderful. You can look around the site and get so much information from those that have gone thru or are going thru it now. At my nutri class they stressed Protein first at all meals and sipping on your liquids between meals and not to drink one hour before and one hour after eating. Keep reading and looking around. I am sure some on the folks with experience can pipe in and get you some advice. Good Luck!

Definitely on the Protein before anything else and no drinking 30 minutes before and after a meal for me. However, I have a horrible time not drinking with a meal so I find myself taking a sip during a meal. I drink all sugar free stuff. My sleeve doesn't particularly like beef or Pasta so I don't eat many pasta carbs or greasy meat. It's been a learning curve and I was at a stall for like 3 weeks and then it started coming off again. Good luck and I'm sure your stall will break real soon!

Hi all' date=' I was sleeved in June it will be my three month anniversary tomorrow, I was sleeved in puerto Vallarta by dr joya! My starting weight 317, surgery day 300 and today's weight 262! I live in Canada, had some bumps in the road two hematomas in my surgery sites, and blood clot in my leg.

I was wondering what I need to do to amp up my weightlossforever as I have been stuck at this weight for almost a month! I feel like I am going to be the exception and fail this horribly! I have been doing some excercising, I wasn't really sent home with a diet plan, I eat mainly meat and some veggies and fruit when I can get it in! I asp have noticed I have a hard time getting in my fluids! I have a great dr in Canada that is now setting me up with a dietician and way to cope this as I am at a loss!

I know this sounds weird but I need advice any advice and some words of wisdom as to help me reach my goal of 150lbs or less!

Thanks so much![/quote']

Hi,

I have a few questions , that might help us to help you more. One thing I really need to say though is that the best thing you can do is start seeing nutritionist. That being said we will do the best we can though our advice is not professional..

You say you are having a hard time getting all your fluids in. How much are you getting in a day?

Are you taking any Protein supplements? I couldn't imagine being able to get all my Protein in from food at 3 months out.

From your post, I am under the impression that you are trying to nourish your body through the food you eat & and are finding that with your restriction it seems impossible to get what your body needs. Well, to be honest, it's nearly impossible. Food, especially dense meats fill our sleeves rather quickly, we simply cannot get enough to properly nourish our bodies.

My recommendation is to start with a Protein shake for Breakfast. I am not talking about Meal Replacements here I mean a Protein Shake. The criteria I use is no less than 1g of protein for every 10cal, I try to get as close to 2g/10cal as I can but 1g/10cal is the minimum. Also do not consume more than 30g protein in one sitting. Some shakes will have 40-60g cut those in half, your body can't process over 27g at a time but it sure can absorb all the calories.

Stay away from Protein Bullets/Shots. They do nothing for you. They are garbage. ALWAYS check the ingredients, if you see collagen or Gelatin or a da derivative of these words (collagenic) do not buy it.

Liquids, you you should at minimum be taking in 2L a day, ideally I would like to see 4L but we can work on that. If you have to cut out some food to get 2L in then thats what needs to be done.

I hope his helps.

Thank you, yes it seems I am trying to get all my nourishment from food!

I had a hard time with Protein shakes or anything or the sort because my taste bud changed so much! I will start them again, no matter how much I dislike them but maybe just maybe they will taste good again! I drink any where from a liter or Water to a liter and half Water and it takes me from the time I wake till I go to bed!

I've also tried to have little bites of potatoes, or Pasta, and they don't sit well at all which is a good thing because the texture, taste and fullness is just to much! I do track my food on my fitness pal and it says I get anywhere to 700-900 calories a day but that's probably incorrect guess I guess at how much I eat and don't measure it or weigh it, I eat of a small dinner plate and it still looks empty cause I really can't eat all that much!

Yes a dietician is what I need to see cause I have no idea what I need to be doing and what I'm doing wrong since you really just leave Mexico with a book and guideline no real explanation or anything! I wouldn't change anything about going there except for seeking more help about learning to eat better and knowing how to do it for my stomach! I would have never lost these 52lbs on my own, but feel like I'm failing and need to be doing more! When I am the gym gym I do my cardio and weights, although I haven't been as much as I should and I start I deep water running tonight at the pool and we will see how that goes!

I guess I just feel lost with no real direction as I email the nutritionist I had for Mexico and she never ever emails me back! But thank you so much for the answers I appreciate all the help and info!

If the whey based drinks taste bad to you try hemp. It's a great Protein.

This is one of my faves:

4-6oz mango purée (Bolthouse or Naked)

40g Hemp Protein powder (Nutiva 15g or Nutiva 50%)

3oz Water (I prefer this as crushed ice)

This will deliver 20g Protein & it tastes good too. Its a bit higher in calories than I prefer but not so much that it ruins my diet.

I discovered that mango pure will make almost anything tolerable while I was looking for something to mix with KyoGreen. If you've ever had that stuff you'll completely understand.

Thank you, I will try that, it was the sweetness of the whey powder to be to much, and I really do like hemp as well I have a container of it on my counter but haven't tried them since surgery!

Do you weigh out your food and measure it all? Is that something is should be doing? I live in a small town where I'm not exactly sure where to find all the best Protein powders, food and all that I need to be successful, I really do feel completely lost! I think this could be part of my stall as well I'm really not helping myself or my sleeve now that I'm saying it out loud! No wonder my boyfriend is frustrated with me, I have takin this and made it my own and when he offers me advice on how to change I snap at him tell him it's not your stomach, or your change so you don't know what your talking about! Ohi wow this is not good! Thank you again!

Ah the realization comes when you ask for help from complete strangers, I'm glad I found this app but never had the courage to use it for I already knew I was failing at this and was scared to ask for help! Thank you!

Follow OTR's advice and start moving. Exercise. Walk, run, swim ... whatever it is, find something you can do and do it. Regularly. Walking to the mailbox is great, but that is not what I am talking about here.

Grab a backpack and walk to the grocery store. Walk to church. Walk somewhere. Have a goal in mind and do it. Walking in a circle drives me nuts, so it helps to have a destination and goal.

As you progress, ramp up your exercise. Go farther. Move faster. Get hand weights, ankle weights, whatever. Progress.

You will be amazed at how much quicker your loss will occur.

Do I measure everything? Well, starting off, yes I did. When you measure & journal your food you have a much better understanding of what you are doing & you control it better. I'm not nearly as religious as I was about it starting off, as I became more familiar with wat I was doing I started estimating more, but it's still close.

Thanks guys! I also had a talk with my cousin who had this done 9 months ago and she made feel better as well!

Ill return to the basics and start out measuring, drinking my Protein, and trying to get in the fluids! Thank you so much! It's amazing how when you talk about things aloud then you realize what you need to do!

Today is a new day and I will have all the tools to help me start over tomorrow, fresh and new! Ill get moving, I didn't spend this money to sit here a dwell on what I'm doing wrong so I will get put there and start doing things right! Thank you!

Great attitude!!