Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Learn From My Mistake! Lost Money (Mexico Surgery--Quinones)

I must say that i have an excellent experience with Dr. Quinones. Very proffesional service' date=' and i felt secure at every moMent. I only pay 4000, and this surgery worth every penny. Im sorry for the bad experience of the OP,but you shouldnt talk about my surgeon if you even talk or try to communicate with him in the first place. Good luck with your surgery mirnsy.[/quote']

Ok..I have to chime in. Regardless if you have a bad experience or not, everyone should allowed to give an opinion. Please do not discourage people from providing their honest opinion of how they feel about providers who perform this service. There are doctors I wouldn't send an animal to much less a human. Everyone should be doing their own research and taking everything you read on this forum or any forum with a grain of salt. There is a reason this forum is here, to provide opinions of information. This is not a medical academy endorsed forum on the vertical sleeve, it's a public forum. It is up to you as the patient to make your decision on the physician you choose. I personally want to thank everyone who has posted any opinion, negative or positive, because you may have changed someone's life for the better. I will get off my box now...

I was told before I paid my deposit what the rules were for getting any money back if surgery was cancelled by me or by my surgeon. Actually, I had to initial it and send it back.

People go Into things sometimes and sign whatever without thinking it through. Going into it, No one thinks they are going to back out. I made sure once I heard this and ended up switching surgeons before I ever gave a deposit.

Though, my first surgeons office keeps calling even though I called and cancelled in August only a few days after I scheduled it.

oh my! so sorry that you had that terrible experience.....what will you do to get the money returned to you ? If that coordinator Henry insulted you and caed you all kinds of names.....that is serious...since he clearly represents the surgeon that he works for....perhaps, he did not want to lose his commission and got angry....? I am glad that you told the truth about your awful experience...no person should have to be put down...and hated upon.... have you thought of contacting the embassy to file a complaint ? Mexico 's rules are different and perhaps, they could assist you in having your funds returned and an apology made to you.......have faith...... you will get through this terrible experience....just know in your heart that you have helped and alerted others.......

I had surgery with Dr. Quinones on Nov 30, 2012 and had an awesome experience. He is such a nice man with lots of knowledge. I would do it again in a heartbeat, i'm recovering well, already down 15 pounds without any complications. I'm talking from my personal experience. If I had had any problems trust me I would not have a problem posting them.

My relative had the same issue with the 'coordinator' of Guillermo Alvarez who is a 'surgeon' in piedras negras,MX...my relative sent the coordinator $1,000[this is the fee that she kept]and refused to return the money to my cousin since the doctor in the USA said that my cousin had a bleeding issue and could not have the operation]

the coordinator stated that Dr. Alvarez refused to return the money.....[the truth is: the coordinator kept this fee]there is no recourse, is something goes wrong in Mexico....who do you complain to ? Apparently,this 'surgeon' has had terrible issues on post op procedures......so happy that my cousin never went to Mexico to have the operation.....he is a student and needs the money returned...but how ? Not even sure who this coordinator is ? No LLC? No BBB?They probably set up a nontraceable 800 phone number and P.O. Box drop and make sure that there is no record of using a credit card....no personal checks....just a bank check or transfer.....what a Racket!!!!!Buyer Beware!!!

Hello Every One,

I am Henry Cortez and obviously my side of the story is the following

We answered all of this Ladies questions, sent her all the appropriate Information and certifications on our Dr

We told her upfront about the Cancelation Fee, 30 days prior to Surgery No Fee

29 Days prior to Surgery $250 Fee

1 week Prior No Refunds and I still to day Stand by this, I am Not an Employee I am Dr Quinones Business Partner and To also clarify this for everyone We are a Business and have cost's, Reserving Hotel Rooms, Operating Room, Surgery date (we only do a maximum of 4 Surgeries per day) Ride from the Airport and other Logistics Incurs a Cost... to Us, we are a Business and have expenses just like everyone else.

We had a situation where funds where not immediately available in our account causing the refund check to bounce, I personally called and explained this offering to re pay fees and refund, but this person Insulted me and started posting all kinds of untrue and negative comments after she said and stated that I could keep the refund and I did, I do not appreciate getting Insulted.

I personally spoke to this person many times for periods over 30 minutes at a time and was polite and serviceable to the best of my abilities

Scheduling a Surgery is not a Game and that is why we Post and explain cancelation fees

I am Glad you had a great experience in Tijuana and Regret what happened

Dr Sergio Quinones is an Excellent Surgeon, Proctor and Teacher of Surgery at the Autonomous University of Baja

This was an Administrative Mistake and When we tried to correct it, all this drama happened

I respect others opinions, we are mostly a referral based Surgery Practice and do not Troll for Patients on these Boards, I respect the integrity of word of mouth experiences and have many Happy Patients and Positive Comments

When yo do a high volume of Patients Issues happen its inevitable, Our Patient Kim had a Hematoma that Dr Quinones did not like due to a previous complication in Surgery to our Patient in the USA so he did a Second procedure to make sure all was well..AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO THE PATIENT.

Those are the Facts all else is just exaggerated Fiction.

Cheers

Every review ive read on Dr. Q has been great. This is the same negative review on Henry ive read on many forums. Its like come on, they were trying to be reasonable. I am going to visit Dr Qs facility next week (i live in San Diego) and I plan to post about it.

When posting we need to remember to be honest about everything. This woman is hurting the reputations of a reputable surgeon.

Edited by mgpino

This happened three years ago.

And yet, 3 years later it keeps poppin' up for new comers like me doing research.

I don't know if he meant it or not but Dr Q just posted in FB yesterday that he was going to try to track down all the people that lost deposits between 2012-2015 and give them their money back. He said it was all his coordinators doing and he feels bad about it.

Well sorry to hear about your experience. I just had surgery with Dr. Sergio Quinoez in February 2017 and I had no problems what's so ever. In fact I didn't have to leave a deposit at all. When I arrived at his office I paid half of the surgery in cash plus the medication cost and the rest of it I financed which I am paying a monthly payment for nine months.