Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Learn From My Mistake! Lost Money (Mexico Surgery--Quinones)

@Glittering, That is true there are many doctors out there but I feel like this... You read this post and now he is a doctor you wouldn't even consider and your taking the word of someone who never used him so what she has to say has nothing to do with the actual surgeon and surgery you will have. HE DOESN'T HAVE ANY COMPLAINTS ON WHAT REALLY MATTERS. No one but her had a bad experience with the admin staff. I don't knock her but I just don't like the fact her issue had nothing to do with the doctor. She is really telling people not to go to a great surgeon, who is affordable and offers A GREAT EXPERIENCE. Your comment alone "I wouldn't risk it" proves that she is ruining the doctors name and would have you all think it was something he did when she never even had any dealings with him. Her issue is with his admin staff Henry. If Henry was to work for Dr.Pompa should she make a video telling others not to go to her surgeon because he works for her? Then what about Quinones would it then be okay to go to him because Henry no longer works for him? It is really messed up she is using the doctors name in this and even has a video saying she has personal experience with the doctor when she doesn't. It is wrong, I know what is right and this isn't right. Especially when you all are encouraging her to re-post. If that was yourselves you wouldn't want half the story out there and people passing judgment on something someone else was responsible of doing, but your being held responsible for. Then that person doesn't even want to attempt to clarify what they wrote as being misleading or just to redact what was said that was false. Some people so quick to tell it even if it is wrong. AS TOLD TO HER I WOULD RATHER HAVE AN ADMIN ISSUE THAN A DOCTOR ISSUE. I live across from the TJ borders so I am aware of all the great surgeons there and he is one THAT shouldn't even be in this thread. When you got others killing their patients which I HEAR ABOUT ON MY LOCAL NEWS, DO YOU ALL? NO, those are the ones she should be warning people about.

I understand what your saying. It sad but those who work for you is a reflection upon you. One has to wonder if a doctor wiling have an incompetent staff than how can I trust that he is not the same. The same way that the friends you hang around reflects what kind of a person you are. There are a few doctors I crossed off my list for various reasons. I like to very through in my research, especially over something as serious as gastric sleeve surgery. Going outside your country to have a major surgery is a big risk. No one want to get scammed or end up butchered. The guidelines, standards, laws and many other operations in MX is different than what we know. If something goes wrong or illegal happen most wont know how to or where to go to get justice unlike in the states. I bet the embassy won't be much help. I don't mean to offend but we all taking a risk as it is. You have to do what you think is best and safest for yourself.

Well if the staff is telling you they will refund you your cost, and fees and to let them rectify the situation before posting on several forums is by far not a cover up on their end. Even in the states when things happen you still have to give the company time to re-issue money to you before you can complain about incompetence. If I am going to tell them no keep the money basically so you can have the "right" to talk bad about the doctor then your still giving bad press about a situation you really didn't want to rectify in the first place. If feels more of an accomplishment to ruin someones name then to make it right with the situation. Any doctor you go with your risking your life true that. Like i said there is way more to this then this thread on verticalsleevetalk.com. It is what it is. At the end of the day, like I said I don't knock her I just don't like how she is referring to someone she doesn't know but would have others believe she knows or at least has had personal dealings with and hasn't.

Well if the staff is telling you they will refund you your cost' date=' and fees and to let them rectify the situation before posting on several forums is by far not a cover up on their end. Even in the states when things happen you still have to give the company time to re-issue money to you before you can complain about incompetence. If I am going to tell them no keep the money basically so you can have the "right" to talk bad about the doctor then your still giving bad press about a situation you really didn't want to rectify in the first place. If feels more of an accomplishment to ruin someones name then to make it right with the situation. Any doctor you go with your risking your life true that. Like i said there is way more to this then this thread on verticalsleevetalk.com. It is what it is. At the end of the day, like I said I don't knock her I just don't like how she is referring to someone she doesn't know but would have others believe she knows or at least has had personal dealings with and hasn't.[/quote']

I still see it as a problem with the surgeon. Any professional that does "amazing" work, I would think, would make absolutely CERTAIN their staff was of the same caliber because doctors know their reputations are based on whoever has the most patient contact. Opinions are derived probably more so on staff than skil.

Let me clear a few things up. The staff (Henry) told me that he would refund my money ONLY after I erase all of my posts regarding Quinones and him. So I decided to let him keep the money. Besides, at that point I had already lost all trust after the bounced check so I did not believe anything he said. Second, I never said I had personal experience with Quinones. Point me to where I say that. Matter of fact, don't point me. I stopped responding to all of the posts on the other forums about this because I want to move on with my life. I've shared my story and that's all I wanted to do. The only reason I'm replying here is because I'm subscribed to this thread which I will promptly unsubscribe. Henry logged online as someone else and proceeded to insult me and call me all kinds of names. I don't need that hatred and negativity in my life. He should've just given me my money back. I waited over a month for the refund only to get a NSF check.

I still see it as a problem with the surgeon. Any professional that does "amazing" work, I would think, would make absolutely CERTAIN their staff was of the same caliber because doctors know their reputations are based on whoever has the most patient contact. Opinions are derived probably more so on staff than skil.

I have to agree with you 100%! Your staff is a part of you and represent you. Henry is the only contact patients have with regard to Quinones. They all deal with him and no one else.

I have to agree with you 100%! Your staff is a part of you and represent you. Henry is the only contact patients have with regard to Quinones. They all deal with him and no one else.

Don't let the negative remarks get you down! Even with insurance I appreciate the heads up because I have a friend looking into WLS and she's a self pay. While I'm starting my journey I'm keeping her up to date with what I know and I absolutely would NOT want her to even risk an experience like this. So thank you!

Just a quick comment to "opinions are derived probably more so on staff than skill", really? The surgeons skill is 1000% times more important than his staff or coordinators to me. If you have had the surgery I am sure that you would agree.

Just a quick comment to "opinions are derived probably more so on staff than skill"' date=' really? The surgeons skill is 1000% times more important than his staff or coordinators to me. If you have had the surgery I am sure that you would agree.[/quote']

I agree it should be that way. But I'm not going to waste my time with a doctor that has a poor staff when I could elsewhere and get a good staff AND a good surgeon. Most post op care is done with the staff. The nurse practitioners, the receptionist, the nutritionist, etc. Staff makes the first impression and if I'm not comfortable with them I'm certainly not going to further the experience by the person that employs them :)

What kind of surgeon's office send out a bad check? And for $500, I believe that is a felony in CA.

The Pro-Quinones poster obviously had a good experience, good for you. I for one am happy to get this info from the OP. the professionalism of the admin staff is reflective of the surgeon, period. I had surgey w/ Dr Aceves, I am certain nothing like would ever happen there. His coordinator and several members of his staff are relatives of his. The surgeon has to trust and ensure that his staff is demonstrating excellence in all aspects of the practice. Anything less is irresponsible.

@Glittering' date=' That is true there are many doctors out there but I feel like this... You read this post and now he is a doctor you wouldn't even consider and your taking the word of someone who never used him so what she has to say has nothing to do with the actual surgeon and surgery you will have. HE DOESN'T HAVE ANY COMPLAINTS ON WHAT REALLY MATTERS. No one but her had a bad experience with the admin staff. I don't knock her but I just don't like the fact her issue had nothing to do with the doctor. She is really telling people not to go to a great surgeon, who is affordable and offers A GREAT EXPERIENCE. Your comment alone "I wouldn't risk it" proves that she is ruining the doctors name and would have you all think it was something he did when she never even had any dealings with him. Her issue is with his admin staff Henry. If Henry was to work for Dr.Pompa should she make a video telling others not to go to her surgeon because he works for her? Then what about Quinones would it then be okay to go to him because Henry no longer works for him? It is really messed up she is using the doctors name in this and even has a video saying she has personal experience with the doctor when she doesn't. It is wrong, I know what is right and this isn't right. Especially when you all are encouraging her to re-post. If that was yourselves you wouldn't want half the story out there and people passing judgment on something someone else was responsible of doing, but your being held responsible for. Then that person doesn't even want to attempt to clarify what they wrote as being misleading or just to redact what was said that was false. Some people so quick to tell it even if it is wrong. AS TOLD TO HER I WOULD RATHER HAVE AN ADMIN ISSUE THAN A DOCTOR ISSUE. I live across from the TJ borders so I am aware of all the great surgeons there and he is one THAT shouldn't even be in this thread. When you got others killing their patients which I HEAR ABOUT ON MY LOCAL NEWS, DO YOU ALL? NO, those are the ones she should be warning people about.[/quote']

Let me be devil's advocate here....you seem pretty adamant about your argument. I have to say because I work in the medical field and having dealings in private practice. I firmly believe it is the doctor's responsibility to hire trustworthy, professional administrative staff because let's be honest...it is his reputation on the line. I realize that we can't always know who we hire, but an engaged physician will keep tabs. Remember the old adage, you will always get more bad press than positive. Anyway ..your insistence on the subject is making me wonder if you are affiliated with this physician in a way other than patient contact. I will ask the question..are you getting kick backs for your

support of this physician? I feel it is everyone's right to voice their opinions and realize there are 2 sides to a story. It is the responsibility of the patient to research and it is the physician's/staff's responsibility to follow up. I honestly am not pointing fingers but the wording in the post lead me to think perhaps this was the case. Ok...time to put my halo back on! LOL!

This is why we need to research our surgeons' date=' read everything you can find about them, talk personally to former patients! This is your body and you can't trust that to just anyone. I was sleeved on 8/02 by Dr. Alvarez and he is absolutely a top notch surgeon. I had wonderful care by him and his team. I did a lot of research and called former patients before I made my choice. If there are bad Dr's out there, get their name out on these boards so that no one dies because of bad surgery skills.[/quote']

You will recommend this doctor ?

I'm between dr.Alvarez or dr Fernando Garcia

@Amazon It has nothing to do with a kick but if someone referenced you and someone else in a video about the doctor you would then see the stance I am taking. I mean don't use the fact I said I had a good experience to be the reason you choose the doctor. probably started thinking crazy and cancel 3 days before and make it seem like it was due to me. I even got my referral from this site. Make your video but please do not reference me or anyone else to prove your point. I get everyone is entitled to their opinion but at the same time it would be a lot of patients who must be getting kicks then. I am just tired of the BS on every post so yeah if I see it I am going to comment.

You will recommend this doctor ?

I'm between dr.Alvarez or dr Fernando Garcia

I recommend him highly. I had a very positive experience wit him and his staff. I know he is more expensive than Dr's in TJ, but I wanted to cross the border into a smaller city in Tx and not have to fly to CA. I can tell you that there are many people on this forum and on Obesity Help that have had the same experience with Dr.Alvarez as I had. PM me if you have more questions.

I must say that i have an excellent experience with Dr. Quinones. Very proffesional service, and i felt secure at every moMent. I only pay 4000, and this surgery worth every penny. Im sorry for the bad experience of the OP,but you shouldnt talk about my surgeon if you even talk or try to communicate with him in the first place. Good luck with your surgery mirnsy.