Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've visited this wensite a few times over the past few months. Mostly looking for info and thoughts and support and everything inbetween. I never signed up, but I did today. My surgery is scheduled for the 26th of this month. As in next week. As in 6 days. I have been so sure of everything I was doing. So confident, and right now I am scared out of my mind. I am so worreid about complications and dying on the table. Not waking up. I'm worried that the surgery is going to go wrong and I am gonna be using a feeding tube for the rest of my life. I'm wondering if I should back out and get my $2000 co-pay back and really work hard on regular excerise and eating right (which never worked before for any decent length of time). I have a baby at home, well a toddler. I'm doing this surgery for her. So I can be a healthy fit mom. So I can run around with her and not be easily winded. So I can show her what being healthy is all about and what to eat and do to live a long healthy life. I want to be a good example. I want to be a better wife. I want to be more comfortable in sexual situations. My God I have been with my husband for 12 years. Married for 5 on 10/5/12. Why do I shudder when he touches my stomach!?!?! I'm one week into my liquid diet, which is so confusing. I always feel like I'm doing it wrong. Which I would be lying if I said I did it by the book, but over all I am proud of myself. I quit smoking on 9/3 started a liquid diet on 9/12 and today I just drastically cut down on my coffee intake. My liquid diet consists of full liquids. So I'm allowed to have cream Soups and cottage cheese and farina. I'm allowed yogurt also. I've lost 10lbs this week. I spoke to my bariatic coordinator about an employee party that was suppose to take place tomorrow but was postponed to next week. I wanted to know if it would be okay to eat a piece of chicken. Not that I wanted to cheat but I wanted to know. She said yes, but to chew it til it was paste and then swallow it. She said the issue is I should not be producing stool. Well, I am. Not alot of course and nothing like before but I still am and I told her that and she said everything is fine. So it brings me to the question of whether or not this diet is 100% neccessary. You can shrink your liver by cutting out carbs and sugars, you don't have to go to straight liquids. So why am I not suppose to be pooping, or why do I need to avoid producing it???? Does anyone know? And cottage cheese isn't a liquid so wouldn't that come out a solid??? Very confusing to me. Any advice anyone has and words of encouragement and info on the pre-surgery diet would be so nice and helpful!

Hi Kelly. I just came back from my 2 week post op visit (I was sleeved on Sept. 7) and I can tell you right now that I feel so sure that this is the best thing I've ever done for myself. It's understandable that you're freaking out, but trust me, you are going to be so glad you're doing this. So all the confusion about the liquid diet and everything else is not going to matter in just a few days. It's all going to be fine, try not to worry.

My surgery is coming up on Oct. 2.....I am on an all liquid Protein drink designed to shrink the liver it is called Slim Time...and Water..lots and lots of water......you are able to eat/drink all that other stuff...wow...I am so panicked I can hardly control it...but there are a few things I do know..

1) This is not a diet, it is a new way of life for anyone who uses the tools properly.

2)That I am doing this for me and no one else...have no small children at home...so it is all about me.....

3) I am not happy with my life now...I am restricted in so many ways.......want to do some cool stuff before I am too old to enjoy them..

4) Sex won't go there, I feel exactly how you feel and I have been married for 35 years.

5) Sick of standing out and being the center of bad attention.

You know what I could go on and on.......They are giving you this pre-op diet for a few reasons.......one to shrink the liver, totally cleanse your system and to find out how firm you are in your choice.....30 percent of people who have this done fail because they were not committed to it...they don't follow the rules and allow themselves to be swallowed up by the disease....

It sounds to me like you are very committed to this new life and for all the right reasons........Your good to go I think......

I'll tell you something else too..that if you were totally okay with it all..then there would be a problem.......everything you are feeling is normal....you are normal...good luck to you hun! :)

My surgery is coming up on Oct. 2.....I am on an all liquid Protein drink designed to shrink the liver it is called Slim Time...and Water..lots and lots of water......you are able to eat/drink all that other stuff...wow...I am so panicked I can hardly control it...but there are a few things I do know..

1) This is not a diet' date=' it is a new way of life for anyone who uses the tools properly.

2)That I am doing this for me and no one else...have no small children at home...so it is all about me.....

3) I am not happy with my life now...I am restricted in so many ways.......want to do some cool stuff before I am too old to enjoy them..

4) Sex won't go there, I feel exactly how you feel and I have been married for 35 years.

5) Sick of standing out and being the center of bad attention.

You know what I could go on and on.......They are giving you this pre-op diet for a few reasons.......one to shrink the liver, totally cleanse your system and to find out how firm you are in your choice.....30 percent of people who have this done fail because they were not committed to it...they don't follow the rules and allow themselves to be swallowed up by the disease....

It sounds to me like you are very committed to this new life and for all the right reasons........Your good to go I think......

I'll tell you something else too..that if you were totally okay with it all..then there would be a problem.......everything you are feeling is normal....you are normal...good luck to you hun! :)[/quote']

Hey sleeve buddy! I'm on oct 2 as well. At the hospital for my pre op appt with my anasthesiologist. The nerves have been settin in harder and harder the closer this date gets. Heck we are less than 2 weeks away!!

Thank you!! I know the liquid diet is important and I have done really well on it. I think. I am allowed more on it than other people that I have read are allowed. I have caved and taken a bite of meat here and there, but I have not gone past that and it's only been chicken. No carbs, no sweets, no meals. The hardest part is drinking all the Water. I have not completed that everyday! I pee constantly! I feel like I'm in my last month of pregnancy. I'm up 3-4 times a night to use the bathroom! I just hope this is the right decision.

Skinnie Minnie....cool....I will think about you just before they put me under.......somehow I won't feel a lone that day......TY

I've visited this wensite a few times over the past few months. Mostly looking for info and thoughts and support and everything inbetween. I never signed up' date=' but I did today. My surgery is scheduled for the 26th of this month. As in next week. As in 6 days. I have been so sure of everything I was doing. So confident, and right now I am scared out of my mind. I am so worreid about complications and dying on the table. Not waking up. I'm worried that the surgery is going to go wrong and I am gonna be using a feeding tube for the rest of my life. I'm wondering if I should back out and get my 2000 co-pay back and really work hard on regular excerise and eating right (which never worked before for any decent length of time). I have a baby at home, well a toddler. I'm doing this surgery for her. So I can be a healthy fit mom. So I can run around with her and not be easily winded. So I can show her what being healthy is all about and what to eat and do to live a long healthy life. I want to be a good example. I want to be a better wife. I want to be more comfortable in sexual situations. My God I have been with my husband for 12 years. Married for 5 on 10/5/12. Why do I shudder when he touches my stomach!?!?! I'm one week into my liquid diet, which is so confusing. I always feel like I'm doing it wrong. Which I would be lying if I said I did it by the book, but over all I am proud of myself. I quit smoking on 9/3 started a liquid diet on 9/12 and today I just drastically cut down on my coffee intake. My liquid diet consists of full liquids. So I'm allowed to have cream Soups and cottage cheese and farina. I'm allowed yogurt also. I've lost 10lbs this week. I spoke to my bariatic coordinator about an employee party that was suppose to take place tomorrow but was postponed to next week. I wanted to know if it would be okay to eat a piece of chicken. Not that I wanted to cheat but I wanted to know. She said yes, but to chew it til it was paste and then swallow it. She said the issue is I should not be producing stool. Well, I am. Not alot of course and nothing like before but I still am and I told her that and she said everything is fine. So it brings me to the question of whether or not this diet is 100% neccessary. You can shrink your liver by cutting out carbs and sugars, you don't have to go to straight liquids. So why am I not suppose to be pooping, or why do I need to avoid producing it???? Does anyone know? And cottage cheese isn't a liquid so wouldn't that come out a solid??? Very confusing to me. Any advice anyone has and words of encouragement and info on the pre-surgery diet would be so nice and helpful![/quote']

I am 2 weeks post-op. it is perfectly normal to be scared. Sounds like you're doing everything you need to do pre-op. I had hesitations as well & thought about backing out myself. I will tell you, I'm glad I went through with it. I have done the journey on my own. For the first time in my life, I put me first. Think of the sleeve as a gift. A gift for a second chance to have a healthier life. You are going to do great!! Sounds like you've already paved the way for a healthier lifestyle by simply cutting back on your caffeine & following your pre-op diet. Stay strong, stay focused & all the best to you.

I'm scared too but I think if I back out it will be just another failure for me or feel like one. YOu have to make up your own mind about this as it is such a BIG decision. I think drastic times are here because this is where we have led ourselves to. My suggestion would be to pray , I do. We are here for you. Post away ! I will follow and support you : ) You can do this ! my date is November 9th so I'm not totally freaked yet. I'm sure I'll go there though LOL!

I just scheduled my surgery for November 2nd. I am so nervous. I think I'm more nervous about making it through the post op diet. My doctor requires three weeks. I hope I can do it!

One more day to go!! I go in tomorrow! I can honestly say the post op diet was hard but doable. Like I said I did have a bite here and there, but I still lost over 14lbs in two weeks and I am already in a pair of jeans I haven't been able to comfortably wear since before I got pregnant in 2010. That definately helped the motivation! I will keep everyone updated!! Thank you so very much for all your kind words!

I am now one day post-op!! I am waiting to do a test to make sure I can drink fluids and there aren't any leaks. The pain is moderate. It kinda feels like a bad case if the flu. They give me morphine shots thru my IV and although is makes me feel like I may vomit it helps alot! I will continue to keep everyone posted!