Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not Losing Any Weight! Upset And Fustrated!

Don't worry things will look up just give your body time. I was sleeved 11/15/12 and have lost 28lbs. I consider myself pretty lucky to be losing at all since I am a revision from a band. My doctor told me that some get revisions and don't lose much weight at all. I just look at the positive and figure hey atleast I have lost something. I can't remember the last time I lost weight and just think about it this is only the beginning!!!!

I have lost 66 lbs since my last weigh last week it's been 4 months I am excited down to a size 12-14 from a size 18-20 it's been rough and frustrating at the beginning but now I am very happy patient and pleased with the results

That is so great to hear Vanessa!! I'm almost 2 months out and well I've lost 20 pounds. so I totally relate I'm frustrated but it does help to get feed back from others that struggled in the beginning. It's super awesome to know your pleased with your weight loss!!! All your hard work is paying off!! Cheers to a new way of life!

I have lost 66 lbs since my last weigh last week it's been 4 months I am excited down to a size 12-14 from a size 18-20 it's been rough and frustrating at the beginning but now I am very happy patient and pleased with the results

Since this is such a common syndrome, do you have any advice for newbies?

I am 6 months out and have lost 30 pounds. To say that I am frustrated and discouraged is an understatement. I journal religiously, I drink my Water and am waiting for it all to come off - eventually. My cravings never stopped when I had the surgery so it is an uphill climb every single day.

My doctor says it "is not that bad" but I know that I had higher expectations. My nutritionist has suggested that maybe I am not "serious enough" - skinny b%@*% - does she think I went through a very involved surgery, etc. for recreation??? I am tired of making excuses to myself - not to mention my not-so-well-meaning relatives that just CAN'T understand why I am not skinny yet.

Ugh. I don't want to say I am a disappointment to myself, but I am. I am really grasping at straws here. If anyone has had this happen to them - can you please let me know? Also if you have gone through it and it turned out fine - I REALLY want to hear from you!

Thank you in advance!

Every body is different. Your getting your Water in every day?

Are you getting your Protein 60 grams a day chicken ,turkey,fish or shrimp ect?

Are you trying to eat 6 times a day ?

I'm kinda nibbling on Protein all day . I never feel hungry but I take a bite here and there from 6am-8pm everyday 7 days a week.

Don't worry about veggies and potatoes. Just work on the protein and Water

I do a Protein shake for Breakfast every day with crushed ice to make a smoothie out of it or orange juice and Protein powder

Pound away at chicken, fish shrimp turkey,egg whites all day a bite here and there all day I'm eating and I lost 49 pounds in 49 days even through Christmas time and all the baking everywhere

I am four and a half months out and down 56. I had hoped for a more rapid weight loss initially, but now I'm happy with things the way they are. I use My Fitness Pal to track my food and nutrition, but haven't deprived myself of anything really. All things in moderation, as it should be :) The last thing I wanted was to be overly focused on yet another restrictive, difficult diet. Instead I treated my sleeve as a tool to help me lose weight while still enjoying all kinds of food in appropriate quantities. I eat between 900-1100 calories a day on average and can't imagine how the 600 calorie people manage. I have hit a few stalls along the way, but they always end and weight loss resumes. I'm 50 and female so I see my progress as a tremendous success. Best to all!!

Ugh. I don't want to say I am a disappointment to myself, but I am. I am really grasping at straws here. If anyone has had this happen to them - can you please let me know? Also if you have gone through it and it turned out fine - I REALLY want to hear from you!

Are you sure we aren't somehow related?!!! I started a thread like this awhile back. I am beyond frustrated and pissed off that I have managed to lose only 27 pounds or so in 6 months. I was a revision surgery too! Ugh! I know that there are so many well meaning people on this board who truly have great tips and suggestions, but in my head I want to scream "yes, I know how to drink enough Water,eat Protein and exercise, thank you very much!" I have seen a nutritonist who was incredibly well meaning, but there were no breakthroughs or revelations that did me an ounce of good. I switched Endocrinologists and hoped some new meds might do something, but they don't. I even had to stop taking cholesterol meds because my levels are way too low!! Yes, low. I've pretty much given up. I can eat a plate of veggies or junk food(which is super rare) and I just stay the same. I wish someone in the medical field could do some research on people like us who have gone to the extremes to lose weight with little success. There is something going on with people like us that no doctor seem to be able to figure out. I offered myself up to my doctor to be his guinea pig. I said he could lock me in a room, feed me whatever he chose and make me exercise all he wants and then we'll see how I don't change one damn bit.

The reason I even agreed to do this damn band to sleeve revision was because my sister did it last March and has lost 75 pounds in 6 months. I had hope back then. Now I just don't give a s#!t anymore. Try as I might, nothing happens anymore. What a waste of my time. Glad I didn't have to pay a penny for my surgery or I would be livid!

@Samomom - wow! I said I was frustrated and angry - not that I was going to give up! Please don't give up on yourself. I will cheerlead for you! Really, I think that I put my body through surgery and actually overcame so many fears just to get that far that I just can't give up. I must try for me and the kids. I want them to see that anything worth having is worth waiting for - even if it does take longer than I expected and even if it does have me peeved and very, very frustrated. You should always have hope. I go weigh again tomorrow and though I don't imagine I will see a big change, I am willing to take it. I have noticed such a wide range of emotions since I started this journey that I never let myself feel before (I was a stress eater, an emotional eater, oh man!) - I love food and I ate all the time! Now I don't and many times I find myself "too busy" to eat. I honestly struggle to get in the amount of Protein I need in 1 day and forget about the calories - I am averaging about 800 calories and that is stretching it! I try to have a Protein shake for Breakfast, some lean protein for lunch and a sensible dinner that I eat with the kids. I have an almost comical love of sweets and carbs and that didn't stop with the surgery. I have to really push myself to push away from these things.

I do fine pushing the Water, but I need to get my protein up. I can do this, I need to do this, I just feel really alone in my journey sometimes.

Well, I weighed in this morning and I have gained 1/2 pound. Not bad considering I was on vacation 4 out of the 7 days this week. I need to increase my Protein and Fiber (which is probably why I have gained instead of lost) My nutritionist was much more positive today and actually told me I am doing great! Kind of made me feel a bit bad calling her a skinny ____ in my earlier post but she really was acting awful! My blood pressure is perfect (such a change from before when it was always high!) and I feel really good today. Actually received a new workout dvd yesterday and looking forward to trying it tonight. I am going to see a big change next week - I can feel it! I have to keep myself out of my own little pity party so I am going to play the glad game from now on.

I know this post is 6 months old but I need help. I am 5 months out today from surgery and have only lost 26 pounds total 20 since surgery day. I have been very good, even on vacation I lost 2 pounds. so since I have been back, doc said no carbs, ok no carbs, still stalled. I am so worried I need to lose another 38 pounds and I am freaking out everyone says you lose most weight in your first 6 months. I had to self pay so I am very pissed, I cleaned out my savings account for this. I have an active job so I have not been working out, but this is why I had the surgery I was not a big eater before or a bad eater, so I figured more food incoming restriction would be my salvation, wrong again, Ok so I start working out today ( bad back also) will the weight come off, My nut is no help she just glares at me and thinks I am lieing. Starting to wonder if I have thyroid issues or ???? any help would be so appreciated. Mary

The common science is that calorie deficits take off weight. Metabolisms modify that fact but in the long run it works out. Exercise builds muscle which burn calories. Exercise is an essential thing in my estimation. Water, exercise, Vitamins, small portions of good food, ...you can't lose.... meaning you will lose. :)