Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to start out by saying everyone seems to be doing well and keep up the good work. For those that had/have complications I hope they will soon be resolved. I was sleeved on 9/18 with a starting weight of 204 and current weight of 180. I have been in a stall for a few weeks but have been loosing inches. I joined a gym today and looking forward to exercising and getting the scale moving again.

Tara

NGM - I lived in Culver City for 6 months in 1987 then moved to Valencia, where I lived for 18 months. Have to say I was VERY happy to return to Texas (where I was born & raised and the only place I've ever lived other than those 2 years in SoCal).

I'd like to visit again and see how it has changed - bet Valencia has exploded in size - it was a nice area when I was there.

I tried to take Biotin for Hair loss when it starts my face broke out. So I stopped it. Anyone had the same issue?

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Your reaction might be the capsule itself (if it was a capsule) or the coating on the tablet (if a tablet). You might try another form of biotin but be cautious - if you're having an allergic reaction to the biotin itself (fairly unlikely - there is probably some biotin in your multi Vitamin already) take a small amount and see what happens. If the problem is the capsule or the coating, another form might be just fine since your reaction was to that and not the biotin in the first place.

Be interested to see how it turns out if you try another form.

Good luck!

sue which one. i go to playa vista. didnt go to the last one though. i love support group.

well fellow sleevers i wanted something gooey and bad because the joy of eating is no longer there so i just wanted to see what was going on. so i went to wendy's got a single with cheese no mayo and a small fry, lets just say i wasted $5 ate less than half of the burger and a few fries and i started feeling a fullness in my chest which means my sleeve had to be full to the top lol. i can get use to this way of life.

When do you go to playa vista. I went once earlier this month. It was Kimberly that had the meeting. That is the one in culver city correct. When is the next time you are going?

i think the next one is nov 12 im going to that one.

I had my surgery on Sept 19 and I lost good the first 2 weeks (19 lbs) and then nothing for the next 2 weeks. I called my doctor very frustrated as well and he assured me that it was normal...he said my body was in shock and to try milk of magnesia as Constipation might be the issue. I have lost 10 more lbs...you might try it.

Same here lost 16.5 in first week then

Week 3- nothing

Week 4- 1.5

Week 5- 1

Next week ill be able to hit the gym instead of just walking hoping that will help! Day of surgery I was 283 just thought being heavier would equal faster weight loss at first. Guess that's not always the case. But I am ok losing at a steady pace to avoid more sagging skin. Already have some do to my years of yo to dieting. Thanks for the support girls!

Wow Everyone is doing fabulous! Congrats :)

I saw my dr this past week (6 week check up). She walked in and said I'm the ideal patient!!! NEVER have I been told that. I'm such a spaz with medical stuff so that literally made me laugh outloud.

So I'm down 25 since surgery and 36 since highest weight since August 13. I was thinking that was slow and she said its exactly where she wants me to be. I always talk about this forum and others experiences and what i feel better about is that she said losing faster is greate risk for gaining back later and metabolism gets out of whack. So- I'm ok with this now. I felt bad for awhile. I also think part of feelin bad is just not believing I will lose weight. Historically I have been able to drop 30 ish pounds and Thats it. So really- I just can't wrap my head around that I will lose it. Time will tell.

So nice job to all weight losses- Big and smaller. Just remember we are all on the right track and it doesn't matter when we get to finish line- because it's the journey that really counts.

And to the poster who talked about the 60-70% loss of excess weight- that is accurate on an average loss. This is a tool and you have to work it. So if you're following what your doc an Nut tell you - you should be fine. I believe that percentage goes up by 10-15% when you are exercising and again- that's average :). You can do this :)

I've been advanced to general diet and to "use my head". She doesn't usually advance yet but I'm tolerating well. I asked about popcorn and she said NO POPCORN :). Not yet. :). Gooey and sticky inside your belly......

Have a fabulous day!

thats good justine. rock that sleeve

i had a sick spell last night and had to leave work early. i just felt tired and sic i hope my anxiety is not coming back. i came home and got some rest now im back at it today. have a great day everyone

Ugh so jealous of these 30 lbs losses.... Surgery date 9/17 and down 19 lbs. Frustrating... Almost ready to just go back to Protein Shakes only. Anyone else losing slow?

I feel u i was sleeved on 9/17 my surgey weight was 289.7 now i am 275.8 I have only lost 14.1lbs and I workout. I hope that it speeds up soon.

Yippee! I am home and survived my first day back at work. It has been 7 weeks since I have worked. No one at work knows about my surgery. And I must admit that I was a little sad that no one commented that I look like I have lost weight. :-( I was able to wear my one size smaller (2X) scrubs (I am an ER nurse) which are tighter than my 3X's were but hey I was a happy clam just to have them fit my butt n boobs! Anyway, eating went OK. Never got a lunch (we hardly ever do these days) but I just made it a point to go to break room every couple of hours and get a snack (yogurt, ham&Laughing Cow cheese rollups, cottage cheese) and of course Water. It was easier for me to drink my water there but I think that is because I am running and get thirsty. Chewed Altoids so as not to blow my patients away with my ketosis breath and also chewed gum. All in all it was a good day. Happy to be back with all the crazies!!

@ momof3....great you were able to survive your shift. I know how you run all day at work, as a former ICU nurse. I was always glad on my shifts to just get a chance to pee!

hello Everyone. just trying to find out if anyone else is experiencing these 2 issues... first of all I have my surgery on October 17th but I don't think I'm losing any weight. I don't have a scale at home so I have been basically going according to my measurements and how much clothes fit. my measurements went up a half inch and my clothes dont fit any different.. I have my post op visit on tomorrow. second of all when I came out of the hospital I noticed I would have to hold my hand against my lower left belly which from what I read is normal.. but that has went away. its place now I have a sore pain about 1 inch above my left big incision. it looks a little swollen but not much it is not read and it is not hot. it's not a bad pain just a little sore when I am walking. I am only concerned because it is a new issue that just started 3 days ago. I have no other problems I'm walking I'm eating getting all of my Protein in.. no fever no nothing just that... any input?

hello Everyone. just trying to find out if anyone else is experiencing these 2 issues... first of all I have my surgery on October 17th but I don't think I'm losing any weight. I don't have a scale at home so I have been basically going according to my measurements and how much clothes fit. my measurements went up a half inch and my clothes dont fit any different.. I have my post op visit on tomorrow. second of all when I came out of the hospital I noticed I would have to hold my hand against my lower left belly which from what I read is normal.. but that has went away. its place now I have a sore pain about 1 inch above my left big incision. it looks a little swollen but not much it is not read and it is not hot. it's not a bad pain just a little sore when I am walking. I am only concerned because it is a new issue that just started 3 days ago. I have no other problems I'm walking I'm eating getting all of my Protein in.. no fever no nothing just that... any input?

When you can, I would buy a scale. At least you can track weightloss easier that way. You're going to have pain for a while. That is not unusualy. I think the only thing that didn't hurt was the very top incision. But you have no fever and you sound like you're doing good. And you're only 10 days out. You are also still carrying around Fluid and gas weight from the surgery. Takes a bit of time to go away. Keep going, you sound like you're on the right track!!

I had a pain 1 inch above my big incision, it started to hurt about 2 weeks after surgery. I was told is was the stitch in the muscle forming into the skin.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

mdm, so we have stitches on the inside? that explains my stinging when i do anything with my stomach