Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

Im SGRIMESD1201 on MyFitnessPal.....add me :-)

Add me on mfp: Nicole1022

Ok so soft eggs/whites/beaters don't agree with me so I am going to try a soft boiled egg. Any suggestions. I have notice that chicken fish or egg leave a very full almost stuffed feeling after only two very small fork/spoon. I use baby utensils. Everything else goes down fine.

mdm. breakfst i normally eat 1/2 cup of cottege cheeze with a slice of peach half, snack protien drink lunch might be tuna or cheese stick and crackers, snack protien drink dinner yesterday i had homemade enchilada with a small spinach salad. and evening snack yoplait greek yogart. have you called your nut yet? call katie. i think you need more calories they have me on 1200 so i can lose weight.

momof i am still trying to slow it down.

well guys i gave in and ate cheetos and it was not pleasant my tummy felt wierd and my body felt wierd the craving for those is gone for sure. oh and i had a skinny cow candy bar old ways sneak back in. but im good today is another day. but i do want some yogartland today and i think i will have it.

Yesterday was my 6 week post-op (well ok, 5 1/2 weeks - LOL). A bit disappointed that I haven't lost more. My starting weight was 265.4 (where I was when I started the 2 week pre-surgery liquid diet) and yesterday was 238.5. I've only lost 27 pounds :( I really thought I would have lost more by now - like at least 35. But hey, it's 27 pounds that I don't have to lose going forward, right? Plus I've been in a stall for the past few days (those SUCK!). And due to a cold I haven't been walking. OK, maybe 27 pounds is OK. Not great, but OK.

The PA told me I should be getting in 800-1000 calories/day - WHAT??? I've been in the upper 500's/lower 600's for several days now - no clue how (or why!) I would get to 800 - forget 1000! She also said 30 carbs per meal/90 carbs per day. That just really doesn't sound right.

I did go up to 730 calories yesterday to see if it will help break this stall, but I didn't really feel comfortable with what I ate (I had a Protein Bar that was 160 calories/15 gr Protein in the late evening - it tasted wonderful but think it's probably not the best choice for me right now - too close to a candy bar!).

Do you agree that 90 carbs/day seems like too much?

And the journey continues........

Happy weekend Team September!

mdm. breakfst i normally eat 1/2 cup of cottege cheeze with a slice of peach half' date=' snack protien drink lunch might be tuna or cheese stick and crackers, snack protien drink dinner yesterday i had homemade enchilada with a small spinach salad. and evening snack yoplait greek yogart. have you called your nut yet? call katie. i think you need more calories they have me on 1200 so i can lose weight.

momof i am still trying to slow it down.

well guys i gave in and ate cheetos and it was not pleasant my tummy felt wierd and my body felt wierd the craving for those is gone for sure. oh and i had a skinny cow candy bar old ways sneak back in. but im good today is another day. but i do want some yogartland today and i think i will have it.[/quote']

I have to start drinking Protein Shakes again since that is the only way to get in 70 grams. I ate a tuna sandwich today for Protein, it was nasty! I don't like fish and haven't eaten tuna in 12 years but I tried. I haven't called the Nut, I have an appointment on the 29th, I don't know why they left me guessing what to eat for 6 weeks.

I love Cheetos! That and a diet coke was my favorite snack before the surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Yesterday was my 6 week post-op (well ok, 5 1/2 weeks - LOL). A bit disappointed that I haven't lost more. My starting weight was 265.4 (where I was when I started the 2 week pre-surgery liquid diet) and yesterday was 238.5. I've only lost 27 pounds :( I really thought I would have lost more by now - like at least 35. But hey, it's 27 pounds that I don't have to lose going forward, right? Plus I've been in a stall for the past few days (those SUCK!). And due to a cold I haven't been walking. OK, maybe 27 pounds is OK. Not great, but OK.

The PA told me I should be getting in 800-1000 calories/day - WHAT??? I've been in the upper 500's/lower 600's for several days now - no clue how (or why!) I would get to 800 - forget 1000! She also said 30 carbs per meal/90 carbs per day. That just really doesn't sound right.

I did go up to 730 calories yesterday to see if it will help break this stall, but I didn't really feel comfortable with what I ate (I had a Protein bar that was 160 calories/15 gr Protein in the late evening - it tasted wonderful but think it's probably not the best choice for me right now - too close to a candy bar!).

Do you agree that 90 carbs/day seems like too much?

And the journey continues........

Happy weekend Team September!

I've been stalled for at least a week now. So I've been reading the advice on here and I'm trying to get more calories. I've also started strength training today. I seem to get the Water in ok. I found myself worrying today that I was eating too much, part of me wanted to go back to the full liquid phase of just drinking Protein Shakes and water because I saw the weight fall off then. I actually felt like I wished I could throw-up after I ate lunch. But I know that's not the way I want to go about this. So I need to be strong and keep on going the right way.

I actually made myself a little chicken and cheese sandwich on a little dinner roll...oscar meyer deli chicken, a slice of cheese and some mayo and mustard...'bout the same calories as putting the same, with one more slice cheese on a low carb tortilla....at any rate, ate it really slow, chewed it to death and it went fine. Took about 45 minutes. That was okay....but man oh man, did I want to drink a coke zero with it. I miss coke zero. I know I only had tops one a week, but I really wanted one today. I was good...grrrr. A sandwich with a soda....sigh. I miss it. But I'll survive.

And I have tallied up my calories over the last few days, since I eat mostly the same. I'm getting between 700 and 850 each day. I think that 1200 is way too much unless I start adding in donuts or other high carb items. Not adding in those. I'm cool with my calorie level. Think I lost another couple of pounds. Not really weighing in today, but I glanced.

I had surgery on 9/10. If I had an orange and wanted it, I would eat it (or at least 1/2 since I doubt I could eat a whole one :) )

I was drying my hair today and.... HOLY BAT WINGS!!! the skin was just a flappin on my upper arms. lol Looks like I better get busy with some extra toning on those.

getting there my nut told me 1200cal and under 60carbs a day

mdm you should give them a call. i call all the time. they are there for us for the first 6 months use them.

karina i dont know kaiser told me no oranges because of the acid. maybe you should ask your nut.

today was wierd for me. i ate every 2 hrs but wasnt as hungry today as i have been weird. i put the scale away because i keep getting on it every day and ive seen the same number a week straight so i will try and refrain for a week. geesh. im already tired of the enciladas i made a lot so i put two batchs in the freezer. i thought i would enjoy them but nope i dont

This was bad day for me. Tried canned tuna for first time since surgery and spent afternoon barfing. Stuck to yogurt for supper and then tried those stupid $$$$ Vitamins they sold me to only puke them up too. Anyone got a good Vitamin? ?

I bought the whole line of Bariatric weightwise as was told by NUT would need.

Glad to hear of all your successes!! This thread has some great peeps posting with lots of info and "cheerleader" support....

This was bad day for me. Tried canned tuna for first time since surgery and spent afternoon barfing. Stuck to yogurt for supper and then tried those stupid $$$$ Vitamins they sold me to only puke them up too. Anyone got a good Vitamin? ?

I bought the whole line of Bariatric weightwise as was told by NUT would need.

Glad to hear of all your successes!! This thread has some great peeps posting with lots of info and "cheerleader" support....

I just couldn't stomach the chewables anymore. I'm 5 nearly 6 weeks out and last week, I said screw it! And I went back to taking the vitamin I was taking before surgery...Centrum Energy. Big 'ol orange pill. Took it, it went down. It stayed down. No pain. And MAN I FEEL GREAT!!!! I'm just taking that now. No Iron or other extras. Honestly I feel sooooo much better when I started that. Night and day difference. I figure there is so much info that we are getting that is so different from one person to the next that I would just try it and if it worked for me, then that's what I would do. And it does. Phew! Cause I was feeling like crap. Not just regular crap but the kind that gets left in the bowl after flushing.....all alone and not enough momentum to even try to follow the crowd. Ahhhh...so much better.

Tuna? Haven't braved that route yet. But someday I will. Had some that my husband put in mac and cheese with peas....it's a bit too dry. Maybe mashed all to kingdom come and with mayo and relish I might be able to. But I'm not as brave as you yet.

But hey, 5 more pounds gone as of a few minutes ago!!! Go ME!! Go YOU GUYS!!!! Slow and steady wins the race. I don't want to lose so fast I look like a melted candle.

Off to the corn maze with the Cub Scouts!

was just wondering. why are we eating like we have the rny our valves are the same and works fine its just are tummys a smaller. have you wondered if they every really researched the sleeve after surgery. it seems we follow the same diet as rny. can someone shed some light on this.