Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

momo i am i am 11 days out

tyka i am so tempted everyday. i am frustrated as well almost a month of this ish man its getting very old im tempted to eat some cottege cheese tonight

i didnt really good today. i had lots of company so that helped a lot. i finally found a shake that dont make me ill EAS who knew but im still waiting on my necter to come.

I'm having a hard time with food, so far I've had a scrambled egg with a little cheese, Tomato Soup, and today went out and got a few different Soups. I'm big into sf Popsicles, yogurt isn't fun for me, I've had sf pudding, but I mostly just do shakes because I'm nervous. My doc said to finely chop some eggs and some fat free mayo for egg salad, I may give it a go tomorrow. But everything just seems uncomfortable for me with food. I plan to try some tuna fish soon too.

I tried a little (very little) hard boiled egg with light mayo - that didn't end well. I heard that tuna was supposed to be approved, so I tried that. Also not a happy ending. So it's back to the shakes and Protein stirred into Soup for me for a while longer. Frustrating because it tasted so good!

Ready' date=' you're always so positive! I love that. I hope you're staying hydrated and doing better! Take care.

[/quote']

Aaaawww thanks Tekara... i try to be positive... Yes did better today - did a 40 min walk & finally for the 1st day got my 64oz of Water in today - not easy but I did it... Have a great week...

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I tried a little (very little) hard boiled egg with light mayo - that didn't end well. I heard that tuna was supposed to be approved' date=' so I tried that. Also not a happy ending. So it's back to the shakes and Protein stirred into Soup for me for a while longer. Frustrating because it tasted so good![/quote']

Velena - did it just not set well w/ your stomach?? One of my fears is that will happen to me & I am an egg lover, tuna lover - tuna fish, chicken salad, talapia - I just hope things I liked before that are healthy my sleeve will love to...

They say try those same foods again later & usually you can tolerate... Good luck

I've been curious for a few days now about this, but does anybody think it's okay to have soggy Cereal with fat free milk during the puréed stage?.. Lol.. I recognize fresh hard crunchy Cereal is solid food, that's why I added soggy. Lol

Oh and, is it just me or has anyone else been keeping a mental list of all the foods you want to eat when you get to the solid stage?.. Lol (Head Hunger Monster) =(

I've been curious for a few days now about this' date=' but does anybody think it's okay to have soggy cereal with fat free milk during the puréed stage?.. Lol.. I recognize fresh hard crunchy cereal is solid food, that's why I added soggy. Lol

Oh and, is it just me or has anyone else been keeping a mental list of all the foods you want to eat when you get to the solid stage?.. Lol (Head Hunger Monster) =(

[/quote']

I wonder that to b/c I love cereal, I change to soft foods on Wed I think & I wonder that to... Lol soggy cereal would taste like heaven right about now....

& honey my mental list of foods is so long it's ridiculous - lol... Hope my sleeve tolerates each & every one of them...

Boy it sure sounds like we are so all in the same boat!!! We've been on liquids for so long that we just want something to chew, something normal. I'm not even to be on pureed foods until this Wednesday. But I have eaten a couple of crackers. Chewed to oblivion. But I had to CHEW IT! Very nice. And last night, I made rosted potatoes, carrots and onions mixed with oil, and spices and parmesan cheese and then put in the oven to roast. Wow, smelled so good. And I ate a potato. Okay, I ate less than a table spoon of potato and about a table spoon of carrots. Mashed it and ate it. So good. And it was enough to satisfy me. Cause like the rest of you, so sick of the shakes and all the liquid. Oh and I had a very small rice krispie treat that I ate over about 4 hours. I make awesome rice krispie treats and I had made some for some friends of ours and a few left for my younglings and hubby. And you know what? I don't feel guilty. I was bad, but I'm not going to deny myself stuff forever, otherwise I will just obsess over it and ruin everything.

I would rather tell myself that I can have whatever I want, and that I can be smart about it and I can wait for other things until my body has healed properly. We can't of course just heal and then still eat bad stuff all the time. I need to make the better food choices every day. That doesn't mean that I will never have a few bites of birthday cake or a piece of chocolate or whatever. But I won't be eating a whole piece of cake, or multiple pieces of chocolate. Enough to feel normal, not so much that I ruin everything that I went through all this pain and suffering to achieve. I will not screw this up. But I will also enjoy my life. And I will make it about doing things with my family not just eating meals with them.

We can do this. Just one day. I can do this for just one day. And I can say that everyday until......we all can. Just one day at a time. I can do Monday. I will worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

I've been curious for a few days now about this' date=' but does anybody think it's okay to have soggy cereal with fat free milk during the puréed stage?.. Lol.. I recognize fresh hard crunchy cereal is solid food, that's why I added soggy. Lol

[/quote']

Boy I have been making mental lists of all the foods I want to taste!

I'm not there w you all yet but "soggy cereal" is on my list of soft foods. I had surgery on Friday n I'm still recovering; didn't get released from the hospital until yesterday afternoon. I have walked today, did my breathing thing I suck at really, took my meds...next up Protein Shake. Have to try to get at least 60g Protein 8 cups water...haha.

Every time I see pizza on tv I drool. Man, I am dying for a slice of pizza! Haven't tried cereal. The nutritionist told me if I wanted to have oatmeal, that's fine but to remember that's about 25 grams of carbs and she wants me to keep it to 25-50 carbs a day. I can't even think of carbs right now, I'm still trying to get used to eating some kind of food and get the Protein and drink the Water. egg salad works, had that this weekend, ate too much too fast and felt sick. I'm frustrated with this scale too. I seem to go down, and then gain a pound or two. I don't know how that can be since I maybe eat 1 1/2 - 2 cups of food a day between cottage cheese, yogurt and refried Beans, and have a Protein Shake, herbal teal and water. Must be my weird body adjusting to all this but it sure is frustrating. Guess I should stay off the scale for a week, but that's hard. I'm going to try and integrate the walking this week. Other than going to work last week and walking around my house, haven't done that. Just haven't had the energy. Maybe that'll help. Tomorrow is 3 weeks since surgery day.

Boy I have to say I've been struggling with head hunger as well. But last night my lil family and I went out to dinner with some friends and I was tempted to order mashed potatoes, but instead I had turkey broth. I thought I was gonna die if I did have real food but then I thought to myself that there will be plenty of time to eat what I enjoy. I was a big chicken to try anything that is not on my full-liquid diet. I'm afraid of having complications, I hear we can get leaks even after we are released from the hospital.

I am in hopes that I progress to the 3rd. stage Kaiser offers by Friday. I'll be 2 weeks out on Thursday.

Every time I see pizza on tv I drool. Man' date=' I am dying for a slice of pizza! Haven't tried cereal. The nutritionist told me if I wanted to have oatmeal, that's fine but to remember that's about 25 grams of carbs and she wants me to keep it to 25-50 carbs a day. I can't even think of carbs right now, I'm still trying to get used to eating some kind of food and get the Protein and drink the Water. egg salad works, had that this weekend, ate too much too fast and felt sick. I'm frustrated with this scale too. I seem to go down, and then gain a pound or two. I don't know how that can be since I maybe eat 1 1/2 - 2 cups of food a day between cottage cheese, yogurt and refried Beans, and have a Protein shake, herbal teal and Water. Must be my weird body adjusting to all this but it sure is frustrating. Guess I should stay off the scale for a week, but that's hard. I'm going to try and integrate the walking this week. Other than going to work last week and walking around my house, haven't done that. Just haven't had the energy. Maybe that'll help. Tomorrow is 3 weeks since surgery day.[/quote']

Dont fret I am In the same boat. First week 23 Pds gone. Two weeks afterwards nothing!!! I eat less than 600 calories a day and walk and nothing happening...so frustrating. Oh and get all my protein in also!!

Well just not to along ago got back from 1st follow up appt... Have only lost 3lbs since surgery which now puts me @ 218 - boy will I be glad when I am under 200, but the nurse encouraged me that it's ok b/c just last Wed & Thurs be'n back in the hospital & having 3 bags of IV fluids pumped in me I have a lot of Fluid still sit'n in me... I asked all the questions I could think of & I feel a lot better but side still hurts which she said is normal & that each day to keep walking & it will get better... I am a little tired today which she also said is normal & can last a few weeks to a few months but to hang in there I will have a day that I wake up & actually feel normal again...

Wasn't really suppose to start soft foods till Wed but she told me to go ahead & start them gradually so I came home & fixed me a soft scrambled egg w/ a lil piece of Sargenta cheese(very little) & a very very small piece of smoked beef sausage - I could feel it goin down but it didn't hurt - it did feel stuck for a brief second but it passed very quickly... I can't say I just feel full but I'm not push'n it - in a few minutes will start drinking my Water for the day... It made me feel normal to chew & although no nausea just a lot of burping...