Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Circuit Training Workout

How long do u have to wait before u can start circuit training?? How long did u all wait to start heavily exercising??

How long do u have to wait before u can start circuit training?? How long did u all wait to start heavily exercising??

I would wait until you are completely healed to do circuit training, maybe 3 weeks a month? It is a lot of strew on the tummy. There is no real time, just whenever your body feels ready.

My surgeon said 6 weeks.

So I did another round of this today, but I added a couple of things to it. I did 10 hard minutes on the elliptical and then the following circuit 3 times....

10 modified pull ups

10 crunches

10 push ups

5 dead lifts with 135 pounds

10 dumbell overhead presses 25 lbs

10 mountain climbers

10 pull overs 35 lbs

10 dumbell curls 20 lbs

200 yard run

Adding those 2 exercises took my time up to 27 minutes. I literally wanted to vomit half way through. It was tuff. At the end though I felt really good. This is a great workout. Doesn't take long and you work your whole body....and it's infinitely adaptable.

I've been doing a lot of reading about circuit training and cross fit workouts lately. I really wanted to join a cross fit center but it was 100 for 2 classes per week. So I just came up with my own circuit I did at home.

I started with 10 hard minutes on the elliptical. Basically sprinting by the end on 10/10 resistance and incline.

Then....

10 modified pull ups (cause I can't do real ones)

10 mountain climbers

5 barbell dead lifts with 135 pounds

10 crunches

10 pullovers with 35 pounds

10 dumbell curls 20 pounds

Then run 200 yards

Do that circuit 3 times with no rest. It took me 21 minutes' date=' I should be able to do it quicker next time now that I know what I'm doing.

I must say I was whipped. The best part is you can substitute any exercise. The key is no rest.[/quote']

Bean,

Have you checked out Les Mils Body Pump? It is a beachbody workout that uses weights and everything I can't remember how much the set costs...I don't have it but they teach the classes at the YMCA and it is pretty intense!