Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

There might be several Dr. Garber - are you referring to the one in NY?

I've heard mixed reviews about him. I heard his radio commercial the other day. I am from long island and I highly recommend Dr. David Buchin in Huntington NY. He just did my revision from Lap band (done by diff doctor in Aug of 2010) to Sleeve on Aug 15th. Where in NY or LI are you from?

I am from Queens. I was debating between NYU and Garber and decided to go with him. I started my process and he definetely requires a lot before he goes to insurance for approval. I gotta get clearead by every doctor under the sun + sleep study, sonograms, endoscopy.....etc. that is just their standard procedure. I am kinda releived that they are doing so much testing but then it takes forever. I know of him from tv commercials and internet but would love to hear from some patients

Dr Garber was recomended to me by my cardiologist, who i also work for. I gotta say that to date the experience has been smooth. Yes they do require a lot of testing before submitting to insurance, but I can appreciate that. I think that the fact that they test for everything under the sun along with one's commitment to meeting the criteria makes it a win win situation. I am scheduled for surgery on 10/1. I feel confident that all will go well. I actually started to meet with another Dr closer to where I live ( I live in the BX) just to see what else was out there , but I decided that Dr Garber was a good choice. Check back with me after 10/1 and I'll share more of my experience with Dr Garber.

Btw it took me 6 weeks from the first appointment to approval from my insurance so it's really up to you on how fast you get it done. I did 2 and 3 appointments a day.

I am from Queens. I was debating between NYU and Garber and decided to go with him. I started my process and he definetely requires a lot before he goes to insurance for approval. I gotta get clearead by every doctor under the sun + sleep study, sonograms, endoscopy.....etc. that is just their standard procedure. I am kinda releived that they are doing so much testing but then it takes forever. I know of him from tv commercials and internet but would love to hear from some patients

really??

Interesting! what insurance do you have?

I was completely shut down and told that he and his office do not accept insurance and that it was a cash only practice!

I have empire BC / BC

I have Cigna. He does accept insurance. You would have to be a really stubborn dr not to accept insurance especially now that approval rate is on the increase. Also, Mexico Drs will beat US prices by a hefty margin. Just be ready to go through a lot of testing if you go with Garber. His staff seems very nice and he humself was very nice and ready to answer any questions. He claims to be ine of the pioneers in WLS surgery but thats hard to prove so i will take his word for now.

Wouldn't a lot of testing be ideal? I think his practice is pretty thorough. I'm looking forward to 10/1!

Wouldn't a lot of testing be ideal? I think his practice is pretty thorough. I'm looking forward to 10/1!

Hey man. Wandering how it all went for you. Hope u r doing good!

Hey Chub. I gotta say that I feel like $1000. Minimal discomfort. Hick ups ( day 1) and Gas through out have been the worst to deal with. Some soreness on my right side. Walking and gas x strips works wonders. I'm looking forward to feeling like $1,000,000 lol. Dr Garber, the staff at Mercy Medical Center and the staff at NYBG have been amazing. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't go anywhere else. I'm curious and excited about what's to come.

Hey Chub. I gotta say that I feel like 1000. Minimal discomfort. Hick ups ( day 1) and Gas through out have been the worst to deal with. Some soreness on my right side. Walking and gas x strips works wonders. I'm looking forward to feeling like 1' date='000,000 lol. Dr Garber, the staff at Mercy Medical Center and the staff at NYBG have been amazing. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't go anywhere else. I'm curious and excited about what's to come.[/quote']

Alright my man! Very good to hear u r doing better and better. I am inching closer and closer to my date. Wish u the best