Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone else tested positive for H Pylori in the pre op stage ? I am hoping these antibiotics kick it to the curb .. I have this paranoia that it won't and I will never have my surgery

Hey, I was diagnosed with H Pylori as well but they decided to wait until after my surgery to give me antibiotics. I was just sleeved on Tuesday and guess I will be getting my meds eventually. I dont think you need to worry.

I was positive also & was treated with 2 wks of antibiotics prior to my surgery. The dr wasn't worried at all about it. I have to go & do a breath test to make sure it's gone (they said to do it a month after the antibiotics)

I am taking two weeks of antibiotics then wait two weeks and retest , I don't think they will do the surgery on me untill it's gone .

I tested positive as well. They gave me the meds for two weeks prior to my surgery

I tested positive too. My doctor is having me wait until after surgery to take the meds. I have surgery on Sept.17. I was a little worried but doc said it was okay.

I tested positive and took 2 wks of the antibiotics. They were hard on my stomach. But he didn't have me retest. I had surgery on 8/29..

So strange you all seem to have the same experience ... Wonder why I am retesting and why if positive again my surgery will be delayed further :(

I tested positive and took 2 wks of the antibiotics. They were hard on my stomach. But he didn't have me retest. I had surgery on 8/29..

How did your surgery go ? I'm nervous

How did your surgery go ? I'm nervous

It went well. I was told if I followed the pre- op diet to a T I wld have less complications. I had no nausea or vomiting. Very little pain, I took pain meds the day I came home and only 1/2 a tsp and that was the only time, other then two days this week. I over did it on the exercising. Think positive...

So strange you all seem to have the same experience ... Wonder why I am retesting and why if positive again my surgery will be delayed further :(

Ask your surgeon, maybe something happened in the past, that makes him more cautious .

I was positive too. I was given 14 days of antibiotics and They did the surgery. I have my first follow up next week I hope all is well. I'll find out and post.

Hey, I was diagnosed with H Pylori as well but they decided to wait until after my surgery to give me antibiotics. I was just sleeved on Tuesday and guess I will be getting my meds eventually. I dont think you need to worry.

How are you feeling? I have H.Pylori too. My doc wants me to wait until after surgery. I have surgery tomorrow.

How are you feeling? I have H.Pylori too. My doc wants me to wait until after surgery. I have surgery tomorrow.

I am doing well. The second day was the worst with gas, nausea and vomiting but day 3 was soooo much better. Good luck on your surgery! Just keep telling yourself in the hard spots that it will get better! I am not even a week sleeved and I feel really really good. Not sure when they will start my med for H plyori but I am not worried about it for now. Just have to focus on healing my tummy. Let me know how you do. I will be thinking of you tomorrow!