Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

surgery aug 28th down 18 lbs and in a stall for a week now.

Surgery 8/27 down17lbs. Glad I read this post as I haven't lost in a week and worried this isnt working. Hard to understand how weight can stall when taking in 700 - 900 calories day. I agree about the scale- have been weighing myself daily and it gets me down.

Surgery 8/27 down17lbs. Glad I read this post as I haven't lost in a week and worried this isnt working. Hard to understand how weight can stall when taking in 700 - 900 calories day. I agree about the scale- have been weighing myself daily and it gets me down.

Are you getting enough Protein? I read this and thought it might be helpful:

The amount of quality Protein in your diet is the single most important calorie that influences your metabolic rate, favorably influencing weight loss. Quality protein also helps you sustain muscle during weight loss, improve muscle fitness, immunity, and antioxidant function, build HDL Cholesterol, and enhance insulin and leptin function – all of which contribute toward optimal weight management efforts over time.

http://www.wellnessresources.com/tips/articles/how_protein_helps_weight_loss/

As for me, I've also always retained a lot of Water for about 2 weeks before my cycle so I'm not stepping back on the scale under after I know I'm in my 2 weeks during the month when I shed my Water weight.

Anyway, down 17 in 3 weeks is great! Good luck going forward on your journey

I was sleeved on the 21st. I started at 255 and am down to 232. I'm still on soft foods. I'm going through some sort of wierd let down. I'm wondering if it's because life was very exciting and scary up until this, and now it's normal? I can't figure it out. I should be dancing on the ceiling right?

I also seem to be going thru some type of depression. Not really sure why but feeling some type of way.

Earwood, I just missed you in Tj. I was sleeved on Aug 28th with Dr. Almanza! I stayed at the clinic where the surgery took place and left on the 30th. Just missed meeting you. I hope your experience was as good as mine was. I was disappointed I didn't get to stay at the recovery house, but everything was clean and I was very well attended to there at the clinca. Keep in touch...

Earwood, I just missed you in Tj. I was sleeved on Aug 28th with Dr. Almanza! I stayed at the clinic where the surgery took place and left on the 30th. Just missed meeting you. I hope your experience was as good as mine was. I was disappointed I didn't get to stay at the recovery house, but everything was clean and I was very well attended to there at the clinca. Keep in touch...

Very cool...yes I had a good experience. We stayed in the clinic upstairs the first night and then moved to the Hotel Ticuan the following day. They had just shut down the recovery house that week is what Melissa told me so we had no choice but to stay in the Hotel. It was relaxing and peaceful and had some good local shopping right around the corner and a nail shop next door :) Feeling pretty good almost ready to move on to some soft foods I think. So what's up with the pictures they come take before surgery w the Dr? Do they keep or do we ever get a copy?

Earwood' date=' I just missed you in Tj. I was sleeved on Aug 28th with Dr. Almanza! I stayed at the clinic where the surgery took place and left on the 30th. Just missed meeting you. I hope your experience was as good as mine was. I was disappointed I didn't get to stay at the recovery house, but everything was clean and I was very well attended to there at the clinca. Keep in touch...[/quote']

I have a question. Who do u guys follow up with and discuss your diet with when you get sleeved in Mexico?1

With a dr. and nutritionist in the states. I arranged my appointments with Dr Swain in Murray Ky. before I ever had surgery...

I was sleeved 8/14 and am progressing from "soft foods" to regular foods. I've lost a total of 28 lbs so far which I'm happy about. However, my emotions have been a mess. I am constantly up and down, and getting so depressed and angry some days. It's getting really hard to handle. I am on antidepressants, but wondering if they're less effective now due to my sleeve. Has anyone else experienced emotional issues? I cry a lot now and find my temper is much shorter than it was before.

I asked my doc that same question yesterday. He said that we still have all of our small intestines so absorption is not reduced, however, any chemical or Vitamin such as B12 that needs intrinsic factor will not absorb in the small intestine, therefore should be taken sublingually.

I am not a doctor or a nurse, this is just what the doc told me.

Your body is also burning up fat like crazy which will release different substances into your system. One of these substances I believe is estrogen which will play with your mood significantly.

You are also adjusting to a new way of life, which even without the added substances, is very difficult to handle. I myself have been experiencing food mourning I think.. I want the food but I don't want to hurt or feel bad after so I stay away from it. Things WILL get better. It just takes that dreaded time we all have to wait on. Every one is different and maybe you will get over things more quickly than I have.

Talk to your doc that prescribed the meds and see if there is anything they can do to help.

I was sleeved on 8/25.

My mood has been good I feel so relaxed and calm. In a Good mood. I do feel tired some days. Those days I sleep late and take a nap in the day. But I have notice something really weird. I have COLD flashes.. yes Cold." .

In the afternoons I get really Cold like if I was living in Alaska my feet ,hands and my nose are like popcicles.. ans at night .. omg.!! Is worst.. I sleep in long sleeve PJs and socks and a big comforter...and still shivering ..... Lol

Oh.! I live in Texas. So its still Hot here in Houston..

I guess its normal....after having a major surgery..

Hi. I was sleeved on August 20.

Highest weight. 272

DOS. 261

Today 9/21. 233

So after lose to 5 weeks post op I've lost 28 lbs since surgery.

I'm eating soft foods now, but I'm not very good in the kitchen and afraid of food. Still having trouble getting enough Protein and liquid in. Today I had 1 eg scramble with some cheese for Breakfast, 1/2 yo plait light for lunch and is now trying to finish 2 oz of tuna. I get full so fast it's ridiculous. But i miss food. I want to bite into something so badly.

Going away for a one night getaway with my husband (business trip for him). Bring with me some instant cream of wheat, and several different Protein drinks just in case.

It's good to hear for everyone.

Sent from my iPad using VST

surgery aug 28th down 18 lbs and in a stall for a week now.

Me too! Exactly.

My surgery was 8/29.

Hi. I was sleeved on August 20.

Highest weight. 272

DOS. 261

Today 9/21. 233

Today I had 1 eg scramble with some cheese for breakfast' date=' 1/2 yo plait light for lunch and is now trying to finish 2 oz of tuna. I get full so fast it's ridiculous. But i miss food. I want to bite into something so badly.

[/quote']

I was sleeved on 8/29 and am sorta envious of the people who get full on so little. I get full on "a little" compared to everyone else, but I can def finish a whole Yoplait. :)

I've lost 18 lbs since surgery, 33 total, which I can't complain about! But since the second week my stomach has been way too cooperative. ;)

I was sleeved aug 24th and I've lost 12 lbs since the surgery. I'm going to stop weighing myself tho cuz I seem to be losing so slow lol lol

I was sleeved Aug 9 and at one month had only lost 12lb so I quit weighing too. My sanity is partially in tact but it does suck to be a "slow loser"!