Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been sleeved for 2 days, and everything is fine, except the gas! Any ideas on how to get rid of it? It's so painful!

I am sorry your in so much pain. I had my surgery on Wednesday and so far the gas hasn't been bad. Its working its way out one day at a time but i was told walking and moving around will help it move out. There is only so much you can do unfortunately we have to wait for it to work its way out naturally. Good luck and I am glad you didnt have any complications!

make sure you are not using a straw that can pull more air in

Thanks! Yeah' date=' I figured I would just have to wait it out. Everything else is fine![/quote']

I had my procedure Tuesday. Have been dealing with gas pains as well. My doc said to use anything containing Simethicon. (mylecon) is a brand name.

Try alternating walking, then heating pad (or hot compresses.). Then cold. Then walk for about 5-10 minutes. Then hot/cold about 5-10 minutes each. I had HORRIBLE gas in my left shoulder. As soon as I felt the pain start i'd walk, hot/cold and it would lessen the pain. It doesn't work for everyone, but it worked for me. :-)

Walk lots! The more you walk the faster it goes away. I also tried to change positions which helped a lot. Rolling onto my sides seemed to get things moving. Good luck!

I was sleeved on 9/4 I can't seem to be on my side without pain. How far out were you when you were laying on your sides?

I was sleeved on 9/4 I can't seem to be on my side without pain. How far out were you when you were laying on your sides?

I can sleep on my right side with no issues. It's my left side I can't even think about sleeping on!

Robyn

Oh and I was sleeved the same day as you!

Robyn

It's still kinda early to be able to sleep on your side comfortably, but it will get better! Make sure you really tuck a pillow tightly between your tummy & the mattress. You want your belly totally supported with no pulling downwards.

I was three days out but I wasn't sleeping on my side I was more so laying on my side for five minutes and then switching. It sounds weird but the thing that helped the most was being on my knees with a pillow tucked under my stomach and kind of going into a ball haha. My mom who is a nurse recommended me doing that and I thought it would hurt but it actually felt a lot better. Just do what you can tolerate though. It gets better!