Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Am About To Give Up On My Surgery And School:(

Its hard eating healthy and less when all i do is be stress and it makes me eat more.... :( not kool. My daughter is only 2 yrs old and she dosent listen or respect me. Im single mom and its hard. My moms is going to stay with her from monda to thursday while i work and go to school. But im worried that my daughter behaves worst cuz she spoils her.. So im giving up on everything. I dkn wat else to do.

I'll get flamed if I really speak my mind. Needless to say, a 2 year old is not going to even have the option of disrespecting me.

I'll say this: children need consistency. If the person watching your child is undoing what you're trying to do, you need to find someone else to watch your child.

Don't give up, I've been there, and still am. If you really want what's best for your daughter, don't give up on the surgery. She needs you to raise her into a respectful, obedient person. If you're that stressed out, why not take one or two classes until things lighten up after surgery? Also, do you have to work full-time? I'm a single parent, so I have to, but if there is anyway to work less, do it. I wish I could've been at home more with my daughter when she was younger. As for your mom, I understand completely. Two moms in the same house is always hard. As a matter of fact, my daughter called me by my first name until she was 6, and called my mom "momma". It gets easier, just take it one day at a time, and do what you can to make it a little easier on yourself. Good Luck and Don't Give Up!

lay down the law with your mom & make your kid do as she is told. watching episodes of super nanny might help you.. but i agree 100% with prettysleeved1.. you're the parent, you have to be in control and you have to be consistent. if your mom is making the situation worse, you should find someone that will discipline your daughter the way you want them to.

i'd also have a talk with your mom & tell her what's going on & how she's not helping, but just making your life harder & more miserable by doing what she's doing with your daughter.

i wish you the best of luck, though. and don't give up. you need to get healthy & that will make you feel better about yourself & trickle down into everything you do & are a part of.

I'll get flamed if I really speak my mind. Needless to say, a 2 year old is not going to even have the option of disrespecting me.

I'll say this: children need consistency. If the person watching your child is undoing what you're trying to do, you need to find someone else to watch your child.

Would it be spank the child?

Coz that was my first thought!

Difference between beating and spanking a child and I am all for spankings regardless of what PC people think lol

Naughty step my backside!

Terrible two’s are called that for a reason its when a child is pushing boundaries and working out who they are but she’s your child you have to tell your mother what is and isn’t allowed and over spoiling her is not allowed your child your rules.

Don’t give up on everything take one thing at a time if you need to focus on school ok do that your mum is there you already have issues and feel down over the parenting situation so deal with school and let your mum deal with your daughter.

Then when Thursday been and gone deal with your child it will take a little persistence but you can correct how a child behaves.

As for the eating break your food down instead of say 3 meals of 4oz plus 2 Snacks make it 6 meals of 2oz plus Snacks then you can pick up food and eat it when you need to but your not going over anything in your allotted daily allowance and defeating yourself.

I promise you if you don't give up on your surgery you'll see in a few months you will have way more energy and more capable of tackeling these issues. You'll feel better about yourself and that spills over into all areas. When your daughter sees you happy she will grow up happier as well.

Thank you so much guys. I really appreciate the advices. Feel much better.