Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone,

Just checking in to see how things are going with everyone. I am always out here reading the board and checking to see if anyone has any questions.bringiton.gif

Are you finding the foods that you like to eat? Have you tired any new recipes? I love trying new recipes or taking some of my old ones and making them a little more healthy. I have one that I want to share with you. Sometimes having something new just helps us make it through the day.cool2.gif

Zucchini Bread

Makes 2 Loaves

3 eggs 1 teaspoon Soda

1 cup Olive Oil

¼ teaspoon Baking Power

2 cups Splenda

1 teaspoon Salt

2 cups Grated Zucchini

3 teaspoons Cinnamon

3 teaspoons vanilla

½ cup Chopped Nuts of your choice

3 cups Almond Flour

1 -2 cups of Blueberries depending on your taste

Beat eggs until light & fluffy. Add the next 3 ingredients to eggs that you have already beat—oil, Splenda, grated zucchini. Mix well. Next add almond flour, soda, baking powder, salt, and vanilla. Mix well. Add nuts & blueberries into the mixture.

I found almond flour in the Health food Section of my local Grocery Store. Almond Flour is a Protein, and it really does taste GREAT.

Pour mixture into greased loaf pans—you can use PAM spray if you want to grease the loaf pans with it.

Bake at 325 for 1 hour or more depending on your oven.

I hope this helps people. Please post how you are doing and if there is anything we can help you with or any questions that you may have. I know this is such a big step to take to have the VSG aka "Sleeve". I had Weight Loss Surgery almost 4 years ago and it was the very best thing I have ever done for myself.angel.gif

If you have any questions about the surgery or want to ask, plase feel free to ask me anything you want to know about it. I am always willing to take the time to help you. I do not have any regrets at all. thumbsup2.gif

Hugs,

Suzanne

Hi suzannesh! thanks for the recipe, it sounds good! i am gonna try it soon. I am 3 weeks post-op today and down 20lbs! I am walking 2 miles every day and feeling great!!

I could be better! Not so happy about this stall going on 3 weeks now. Surgery date 7/30/12! Hope all is well with you and thanks for asking.

I could be better! Not so happy about this stall going on 3 weeks now. Surgery date 7/30/12! Hope all is well with you and thanks for asking.

My date was 7/26/12. I feel your frustration on THE STALL. Think mine finally broke this week-- I started eating more (still healthy)

#dcl what are u eating? I have a Protein Shake every morning for Breakfast. Today for lunch I had a tiny salad with avocado it was soo good but cld eat a very little. For dinner I will have more salad and fish. Still stall went for my 1 mth visit Dr, told me not to worry about it. I walk 2 miles every morning so I thought that wld have help with the weight loss...

I'm in the same boat. I'm at 6 weeks postop and been stalled too. Just starting to exercise and can't wait to see some movement. Wishing everyone well. :)

Suzjay! Wish you well also I guess we have to continue to do the right thing and eventually the weight will come off. I guess

#dcl what are u eating? I have a Protein shake every morning for Breakfast. Today for lunch I had a tiny salad with avocado it was soo good but cld eat a very little. For dinner I will have more salad and fish. Still stall went for my 1 mth visit Dr' date=' told me not to worry about it. I walk 2 miles every morning so I thought that wld have help with the weight loss...[/quote']

I have 2 Protein shakes per day. One as breakfast one as late afternoon meal. I also eat tuna with a little Ff mayo for lunch ( about 3 oz and then Protein ( usually chicken) for dinner. I find I can't eat many veggies after the protein. Do you eat your protein first? Down 4 pounds this week but that was a LONG 3 weeks. I know there are more stalls to come!